THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I thought I would post this in all the Regional Rivalries...

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

Addition: Are you shooting for MVP? Three parts 1. Play 2. Sportsmanship 3. Social Media. Where do you lack and where do you excel?
I like hitting social media, and it's really a low lying fruit. Rep'ing True Temper and THP is pretty simple and can be done every time you go out to the course, pick up a stick with a TT shaft, etc etc. I am working on my play, but that can't be forced ... just got to trust that when the time comes, you golf your ball as well as you can. Sportsmanship? Class act of guys, so I'm calling this a push.

When it comes down to it, I want the win. The MVP is someone else's decision to make ... the win for the team is my primary focus, and the only thing I have direct control over. I'd be thrilled to earn it, but it'd be tough (maybe impossible) to earn it without the win ...

Last edited:
So now that the anticipation is over how's everyone doing? The weather seems to be getting ready to make a turn for the better, the courses are getting ready to come in to form, spring is almost here. You guys got the itch? are you day dreaming yet?

Hopefully the guys that didn't get picked will continue to post in here and support their regions, there are so many events this year it's not funny and the opportunities abound.

Is that a JetSpeed Driver? I had one for a while, should have kept it!

Yes it is, and it's not working for me. If your interested DM me and we can work something out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So now that the anticipation is over how's everyone doing? The weather seems to be getting ready to make a turn for the better, the courses are getting ready to come in to form, spring is almost here. You guys got the itch? are you day dreaming yet?

Hopefully the guys that didn't get picked will continue to post in here and support their regions, there are so many events this year it's not funny and the opportunities abound.

Mixed emotions still. Excited I'm in and disappointed for a few guys who I thought were going to be in. With that said I'm itching to hit balls more frequently and play golf. Spring time golf is fun, you get to see the course take shape, weather is usually decent and I don't mind having to add a layer if necessary. I've been day dreaming during the entire process.

Mixed emotions still. Excited I'm in and disappointed for a few guys who I thought were going to be in. With that said I'm itching to hit balls more frequently and play golf. Spring time golf is fun, you get to see the course take shape, weather is usually decent and I don't mind having to add a layer if necessary. I've been day dreaming during the entire process.

There will always be people disappointed. There will always be people who feel slighted. Does it suck? Yeah of course it does. However, how people choose to deal with that is on them. It will be interesting to see who sticks around and stays engaged with the Teams. True colors never run.

There will always be people disappointed. There will always be people who feel slighted. Does it suck? Yeah of course it does. However, how people choose to deal with that is on them. It will be interesting to see who sticks around and stays engaged with the Teams. True colors never run.

This is really well said.
Its a lose lose lose lose lose lose lose situation all for a win win win situation.
You have 7 spots and 20 people that want to be a part of it. All 20 can make a case that they are amazing THPers, are looking to be a part of something memorable and just want a chance to join in.
Random to start with gave each team 5 players (including the captain). Then they have to choose another 3 players out of a dozen or so and no matter what, there will be joy and there will be disappointment. The agony that these guys had to go through knowing no matter what they did, they get sh!t on is something that I have felt before, but its never fun.

T2GRN is absolutely right though, each person can choose to deal with that how they may and with a full schedule of awesome events this year including some pretty darn grand events, we hope they continue to be a part of the community.

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

Addition: Are you shooting for MVP? Three parts 1. Play 2. Sportsmanship 3. Social Media. Where do you lack and where do you excel?

I think anyone would be lying if they said they didn't want to win MVP. That trip is incredible. But, first and foremost, I want to do my best to help my team win. I think my weakest area is social media. I've been as active as I can on the forum but I still don't use twitter or instagram as much as I could. I got some good experience updating the forum and playing golf at the same time and I think I did a pretty good job of it last weekend.

Twitter handles for the DMV Team

T2GRN18
PingMan77
Mdgolfhacker007
AndyMashawODU
ChristopherKee
BIG BALL
Emart2173
Mizunofan99

in my oppinion, trying to be mvp is a recipe to not be as it will be too much pressure. Hopefully my game will be on that week. The rest is easy.

I'd love to be MVP, but my social media game will have to ramp up. I just don't do much with Twitter besides checking it once or twice a day. I'll do that where I can.

T2GRN18
PingMan77
Mdgolfhacker007
AndyMashawODU
ChristopherKee
BIG BALL
Emart2173
Mizunofan99

Good stuff. I will get you all followed this evening. Any of these guys on Instagram also? True Temper is a nice follow on Instagram.

in my oppinion, trying to be mvp is a recipe to not be as it will be too much pressure. Hopefully my game will be on that week. The rest is easy.

I guess the question asked made the assumption that was to be the main focus, which it was not. I think the reason the MVP requirements are the way they are is to be just that. The all around individual who plays well, has great sportsmanship and wants to bring the experience to the masses through social media and the forum.

In my mind that is a great addition.

This is a good question. For me the #1 thing has always been sportsmanship. We play the only game that we call penalties on ourselves. Sportsmanship and etiquette are built into the rules. I'll always commend a good shot whether it's played by a teammate or an opponent.

#2 is Play. Sure you want to play well in an event like this, and everyone is going to hit shots that they will be talking about after the round both good and bad. Unless someone plays flawlessly I think this would be a push and not much of a deciding factor.

#3 Social Media. Definitely not my strong suit. I'm not really a big participant. I did however just create a twitter account and I can see how it can be addicting and the importance of using it in this and all THP events. I got tired of FB pretty quickly because I really wasn't concerned that someone's new puppy stepped in the water bowl and tracked all over the new carpet.

As far as the MVP goes, that is just icing on the cake. True Temper has graciously supplied this opportunity to the lucky individuals who win the MVP, and it will be a trip of a lifetime for sure. For me as an individual, I feel so fortunate to just get into the RR given my short time in the community that my entire focus is on helping the team win this event. I do not want to be distracted from focusing on what counts the most. Sportsmanship, Play and bringing this event to the masses by supporting THP. Everything else is just gravy.

I have been using Twitter since 2009 so if you have any questions or need some help just let me know.

Good stuff. I will get you all followed this evening. Any of these guys on Instagram also? True Temper is a nice follow on Instagram.

Not all of us are Instagram.

Now that teams are set, what format during the event are you most worried about? For me it would be alt. shot I think because I would be worried about leaving my teammate in a bad spot.
And is anyone going to play any tournament type golf to get themselves prepared for the RR?

Just to give one correction to the question that was posed. The MVP is not 3 parts, its 4 and the forum participation is as (or more) important to us than that of social media. However to win, all 4 points will need to be in position.

T2GRN18
PingMan77
Mdgolfhacker007
AndyMashawODU
ChristopherKee
BIG BALL -> @DonaldHalljr2
Emart2173
Mizunofan99

Just in case anyone else has trouble finding him via the search function :beat-up:

This is really well said.
Its a lose lose lose lose lose lose lose situation all for a win win win situation.
You have 7 spots and 20 people that want to be a part of it. All 20 can make a case that they are amazing THPers, are looking to be a part of something memorable and just want a chance to join in.
Random to start with gave each team 5 players (including the captain). Then they have to choose another 3 players out of a dozen or so and no matter what, there will be joy and there will be disappointment. The agony that these guys had to go through knowing no matter what they did, they get sh!t on is something that I have felt before, but its never fun.

T2GRN is absolutely right though, each person can choose to deal with that how they may and with a full schedule of awesome events this year including some pretty darn grand events, we hope they continue to be a part of the community.

You guys both nailed it. IMO it's hard on those of us wanted in. In aspect we want to be in the event and the other is we have friends who we want to share that experience with or have them get in if we don't. I'm thrilled that t2g chose me and I will guarantee I work hard for the team and THP.

I hope the guys that didn't get selected thru signups or capts pick participate and help us out along the journey to July 9 and jump in on other THP events because they are all unique and awesome.

I am but I'm still learning how to use it. Same name.

Good question. I want the MVP, but that is not my priority. Priority is helping the best I can make sure everyone enjoys the process leading up to the event and on event day has a good time. I am more excited about getting to know my teammates and having this tournament as a motivator to get my game in shape. I think all of the other stuff takes care of itself in determining who is the MVP. I do need to step up my social media game.

I supplied my twitter and instagram handles in my video (you all watched it right? Ha ha ha) but they are as follows:

Twitter - @thomasducey
Instagram - @tfducey

Instagram is cool ... a bit more freedom to write, and very visual based.

I like hitting social media, and it's really a low lying fruit. Rep'ing True Temper and THP is pretty simple and can be done every time you go out to the course, pick up a stick with a TT shaft, etc etc.

This is true when one is out for a casual round and has some time between holes, or is waiting to make an approach shot. Just from my own experience in the KO Classic event maintaining focus on the match at hand, pace of play, and being able to post forum and social media updates makes things more challenging. Even more so when you're playing from a deficit. DAMHIKT. It can be done, as others have demonstrated, but you have to be able to multi-task well and plan for when you want to post updates. My strategy was to update the forum after every hole, twitter after every 3, and throw in a few pics/periscopes given the chance. YMMV.

When it comes down to it, I want the win. The MVP is someone else's decision to make ... the win for the team is my primary focus, and the only thing I have direct control over. I'd be thrilled to earn it, but it'd be tough (maybe impossible) to earn it without the win ...

I'm going to disagree with you here. The only thing you have direct control over, from the perspective of the match itself, is your shot-at-hand. Focus on executing that, and be prepared to accept where the chips fall. One big part of that is expecting your opponents to execute every shot they need to. Nothing is worse than seeing your opponent's ball in the trees, while yours is in the fairway, and thinking you have the upper hand only to have them knock a hero-shot stiff to kick in distance. It's a body blow that is hard to recover from. DAMHIKT, either. :beat-up:

Just to give one correction to the question that was posed. The MVP is not 3 parts, its 4 and the forum participation is as (or more) important to us than that of social media. However to win, all 4 points will need to be in position.

I recognize this as well. I just assumed that this went without saying:act-up:

I have been using Twitter since 2009 so if you have any questions or need some help just let me know.

Thanks. I feel pretty confident I can jump right in. I understand the process, just never felt a need until recently. I do like that it is much more streamlined than other outlets and it is easier to navigate. Thanks very much for the offer, I may just take you up on it.

My first tweet was on THP! Yeah.

Back