The Car Shopping Thread

The limited-time A/Z-Plan Conquest PIN program is being extended through April 4! I've been given one additional A/Z PIN (employee pricing) to share with extended family, friends, or neighbors who currently own or lease a competitive vehicle. If you're currently looking for a new Ford or Lincoln vehicle and would like a discount let me know!
Will it work for a raptor?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And I was looking at a work truck, regular cab short box, nothing fancy. $34,000...damn

May be different in your area, but I know short boxes tend to hold sticker value better here than regular cab, long box.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When did trucks get so expensive? Looking at new f150s, I crapped my pants a couple times. Talk about sticker shock.

Why doesn't Toyota offer a 6 way seat in the Tacoma, 2 inches down and I'd look more seriously at them.

when they put four doors on them and you could haul the family in one. As far as Toyota goes I have zero clue.

Pickups are freaking expensive now. Funny how a pickup used to be only associated with lower-class blue collar type areas. Now, $100k pickups are "luxury".

It's absurd some of the options and the cost of them. Every year there is something crazy that gets added by a company

I come from an area where people have work trucks and everyday trucks. The everyday truck then turns into the work truck, so you see F150 Limited trucks as beat up work trucks. It's crazy.

I have a Laramie 2500 Cummins that I used as a work truck when I did construction, bounced it through the mountains of WV deer hunting. I had to go with a Laramie for the power pedals as the wife's feet would barely touch with out them.

May be different in your area, but I know short boxes tend to hold sticker value better here than regular cab, long box.

Regardless of resale I'll never own a short box unless it's a Tacoma

when they put four doors on them and you could haul the family in one. As far as Toyota goes I have zero clue.

It's absurd some of the options and the cost of them. Every year there is something crazy that gets added by a company

I have a Laramie 2500 Cummins that I used as a work truck when I did construction, bounced it through the mountains of WV deer hunting. I had to go with a Laramie for the power pedals as the wife's feet would barely touch with out them.

Regardless of resale I'll never own a short box unless it's a Tacoma

Not even resale, but from the guys I've talked to, the guys with the short bed, single cabs pay closer to sticker, than the guys with the long bed. Like I mentioned, probably varies from place to place. All the young guys want the short bed though, so demand is high and inventory numbers low.

I hadn't considered that but I'll check it out when the time comes, thanks! How are it's storage capacities? I've got golf clubs and we have a 100 lb dog and a couple of active kids.
The X4 is a bit larger/heavier than the X3. The split rear seat folds 2/3 1/3 so if you need the extra room but still have rear passenger(s) it will work.

Clubs fit fine behind the rear seat and there's a retractable screen that covers the cargo area. If you're a skier, part of the winter package includes access for your skies to go through the rear seat armrest.

Since the X4 is heavier the V8 or possibly the high HP diesel is a must. Though a 6 is offered the fuel economy is poor.

As far as I know leather is the only seating option (at least it was in 2005) which might be a concern because of your furry child. My Neopolitan never had the chance to ride in ours, though she would have loved the bun warmers.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Pickups are freaking expensive now. Funny how a pickup used to be only associated with lower-class blue collar type areas. Now, $100k pickups are "luxury".

It's why we now have 96 month financing available. Which, in my opinion, is ridiculous. However, they require the loan to be $50K minimum to have it available.

I come from an area where people have work trucks and everyday trucks. The everyday truck then turns into the work truck, so you see F150 Limited trucks as beat up work trucks. It's crazy.

That's most of the deals I do around here. MOSTLY trucks (probably 90%) and of those, a LOT of them are Lariat or Platinum's. Don't get me wrong, we do a ton of XLT's, too....but guys around here like to use Lariat's and Platinum's to check the fields or oil wells, too. Even have three regular customers who have each bought 2 or more Raptor's for the same reason.

It's why we now have 96 month financing available. Which, in my opinion, is ridiculous. However, they require the loan to be $50K minimum to have it available.

That's most of the deals I do around here. MOSTLY trucks (probably 90%) and of those, a LOT of them are Lariat or Platinum's. Don't get me wrong, we do a ton of XLT's, too....but guys around here like to use Lariat's and Platinum's to check the fields or oil wells, too. Even have three regular customers who have each bought 2 or more Raptor's for the same reason.

96 months? Good God.

Parker from gold rush has a raptor and i cry every time they show it and it's all beat up and filthy. I mean a truck is meant to be used but damn.

I hope they never want out of that vehicle. Holy upside down batman.

My only fear is the truck lasting that long. 96 months is crazy long. I was apprehensive about 72 month, I don't think I could do 96 months. Mostly because I would want a new car long before then. Just like with golf equipment, new and shiny wins every time.

96 months? Good God.

Ya, that's pretty much what I said when they were rolling it out.

Parker from gold rush has a raptor and i cry every time they show it and it's all beat up and filthy. I mean a truck is meant to be used but damn.

I've seen the same from a few that have been traded in here, it's crazy how terrible some people treat there own property, but then want Retail Value for their crappy trade in, too.

I hope they never want out of that vehicle. Holy upside down batman.

I, personally, have yet to write a loan for 96 months since it was rolled out, but 84 months is becoming more "normal" and that's crazy, too! I tell everyone that uses 84 month terms, it's going to be a while before you're back to level with this loan. BUT, they HAVE TO HAVE this ______insert awesome ride______ and can't afford it on 60 or 72 months, soooooooo. Whatever, I don't have to make the payments for them.

My only fear is the truck lasting that long. 96 months is crazy long. I was apprehensive about 72 month, I don't think I could do 96 months. Mostly because I would want a new car long before then. Just like with golf equipment, new and shiny wins every time.

Ya, I think the National average for keeping a vehicle HAS grown to around 6 or 7 years now, but the new has worn off on most WELL before that, but when you have to pinch pennies, might as well make cheap payments if you KNOW that's the case. Granted, the rates are higher and you'll pay more interest. With that said, there is a local credit union I work with that's doing 84 month loans at 3.5% right now, but you have to have some good credit to get that and be at that rate.

My 16 year old twins need a car. We currently have two older Honda Pilots which we love. Does anyone have experience with the CR-V or similar small suv's I want used...Like 2006-2010.
Would appreciate any feedback.

Ya, I think the National average for keeping a vehicle HAS grown to around 6 or 7 years now, but the new has worn off on most WELL before that, but when you have to pinch pennies, might as well make cheap payments if you KNOW that's the case. Granted, the rates are higher and you'll pay more interest. With that said, there is a local credit union I work with that's doing 84 month loans at 3.5% right now, but you have to have some good credit to get that and be at that rate.

Wow, my family is not average then. They had my CRV for about 12 years before I bought it from them and they've had their Pilot for 10 years. I know you said it was an average though. Plus both of these vehicle are Honda's and are/were very well taken care of.

I don't know that I could do 84 months or more. Like I said, 72 was plenty long for me. But then again, I've never tried to buy a $50k+ vehicle.

My 16 year old twins need a car. We currently have two older Honda Pilots which we love. Does anyone have experience with the CR-V or similar small suv's I want used...Like 2006-2010.
Would appreciate any feedback.

I've got a 99 and my parents have a 2011. Mine was actually a hand me down from my parents. We both love our V's.

Ya, that's pretty much what I said when they were rolling it out.

I've seen the same from a few that have been traded in here, it's crazy how terrible some people treat there own property, but then want Retail Value for their crappy trade in, too.

I, personally, have yet to write a loan for 96 months since it was rolled out, but 84 months is becoming more "normal" and that's crazy, too! I tell everyone that uses 84 month terms, it's going to be a while before you're back to level with this loan. BUT, they HAVE TO HAVE this ______insert awesome ride______ and can't afford it on 60 or 72 months, soooooooo. Whatever, I don't have to make the payments for them.

It took alot of convincing for me to go to a 72 month when financing my wife's car this past time. The only reason I did it was it was the same rate. We have autopay setup to take out enough to get it payed off in 54 months, but will have the ability to drop to the lower payment if we ever had to. I can't imagine doing an 84 month much less 96

Well, I'm glad to know I'm above average in something, I had my Highlander for 10 years and 200,000 miles. Hopefully the new one last as long.

It took alot of convincing for me to go to a 72 month when financing my wife's car this past time. The only reason I did it was it was the same rate. We have autopay setup to take out enough to get it payed off in 54 months, but will have the ability to drop to the lower payment if we ever had to. I can't imagine doing an 84 month much less 96

See, you're using the system the way I try to get all of the customers in my office to do, good for you Wake! There really is NOTHING wrong with going with a longer term on your loan, if you use the system correctly. All of the lenders I work with, NONE of them have a pre-payment penalty. SO, doing as you are, and paying extra every month is a super smart way to go. Then, like you said, if there is a month or two along the way where you can't make the extra, it's ok. Just make the comfortable lower payment and pick up where you left off, when you can.

BUT, I have had a number of customer who are just trying to keep up with the Joneses, as they say, so they just HAVE To have that Lariat F-150, so they have no choice but to put it on 84 months so they can afford the payments. Like I said, I don't have to make the payments, I just have you sign, here, here, here, here, here, here, initial here, sign here, here, here annnnnnnnd here. lol

Well, I'm glad to know I'm above average in something, I had my Highlander for 10 years and 200,000 miles. Hopefully the new one last as long.

Stop playing bumper cars with your actual car....and you'll be fine for another 10 years, Rob!

This discussion came up before and it's really the "old family full size sedan/wagon" that got replaced by the huge luxury pickup trucks. Even people on farms with work trucks still had an Buick Elektra/Olds 88/Caddy/Impala/Continental/Ford LTD etc for "ma" and for "going out."

Stop playing bumper cars with your actual car....and you'll be fine for another 10 years, Rob!
Ha...I think I've become an old man driver just in the past two weeks :D It kind of puts you on edge for a while

This discussion came up before and it's really the "old family full size sedan/wagon" that got replaced by the huge luxury pickup trucks. Even people on farms with work trucks still had an Buick Elektra/Olds 88/Caddy/Impala/Continental/Ford LTD etc for "ma" and for "going out."

I've never understood the lackluster love for wagons here in NA. As a wagon lover, it sucks. Choices are limited.

Seeing we were talking about customers who bought and USE their Raptor trucks. This one is in for an oil change right now.

78416d9ed9363552310c9968148285d4.jpg

Good lord that's hideous.

Back