Bridgestone JGR Irons Preview

I cannot wait to try these...if they go as long and feel as good as people say my bag will be 100% Bridgestone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I forgot about the test drive program. That sounds like the best way to go figure out if these should be in the bag.

You would not happen to have a picture of this club next to the j15 cast? I am curious about the sole and comparison to your friendlier iron.

Sorry for the delayed response...here you go...

jgr%20vs%20cast_zpsvjgaauw0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Jeff, when you introduce these on March 4th, will you be doing Demo Days with a full fitting cart so one could get fit on the spot?

[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks so much...I cannot wait to try these out..I have a feeling that the "1st impression" is going to be wrong.

So I play a 6H which is a 28 degree club. The 7 JGR Hybrid Iron is a 26 degree club. Should I be concerned that the 7 is higher loft than my 6? Can these clubs be custom ordered? I usually play 2 up and 1/2" long.

Ok, a couple of good questions that I'd like to comment on...

Even though the lofts are stronger, I don't recommend comparing them to other irons because it's not an apples-to-apples thing. If the lofts were more conventional, the JGR irons would launch way too high and not produce an efficient trajectory. But, combined with the low/deep center of gravity these will produce a pretty typical launch angle and descent, along with being easy to hit and long.

As JB already mentioned, they can be custom ordered, but remember, there are no industry standards for loft, lie and length of golf clubs. One company's standard specs may be different from another, and in fact they can vary on models within the same company! To avoid any confusion I would suggest ordering with specific measurements such as "the 5 ir at 38.5", lie angle at 62.5*, stock loft" for example, as opposed to "2 up, 1/2" long".

I wouldn't mess with the stock lofts...they are designed to play with certain lofts, and with the way the sole is designed I would encourage keeping them to the factory specs.

I hope this information helps!

It's no surprise the 8 iron is a favorite club in Asia. The number 8 is considered a lucky number by the Japanese and Chinese. Roughly translated it means money is coming in.

* Cliff Clavin moment.

Guys, I've been getting a lot of questions about the 2 pitching wedges, so I thought I'd explain the reasoning behind it here since others might be wondering the same thing.

• The main reason is the JGR Hybrid Forged irons have stronger lofts and longer assembled lengths than our J15 line. JGR is all about distance WHILE maintaining the trajectories and landing angles that better golfers are accustomed to seeing. For this reason, our 9i loft is 33*and our PW1 loft is 38*. We therefore, decided to call our final club in the set PW2 because its loft is at 44*. Knowing that players typically associate PW lofts in the mid to high 40’s for loft, we did not want to name the final club AW – Approach Wedge, because that gives the impression that the loft is in the 50’s. (BTW – our AW, available as an add on, has a loft of 50*).
  • Our Japan division performed a study a number of years back that asked players “what is your favorite club in the bag”? The PW was the #3 response behind 8i and Driver. So an extra PW in the bag is a good thing, right? "PW" on the bottom of the club inspires confidence for a lot of us that play this game.

The JGR Hybrid Forged irons feature the LOWEST and DEEPEST CoG of any forged iron on the market, and for that reason alone we were able to strengthen the lofts while maintaining typical trajectories and landing angles that golfers demand (Example: the JGR 8i flies out of the “shoot” at the same trajectory and features the same apex and landing angles as the j15CB 8i. The only difference is the JGR 8i is carrying 10-12 yards further than the j15CB 8i).

We are only able to make the lofts strong and lengthen the JGR irons because of the wide flange design. No one would want to play an 8i that came out like a 5i because you would lose all of your stopping power on the green, BUT, with JGR we can because of it’s LOW & DEEP CoG. JGR is a game-changer and I can guarantee there is no other iron like it on the market!

These will hit the course tomorrow.
And they will be on the THP Tour Van for those playing RTJ at the THP Kickoff Classic.

Looking forward to your thoughts. I really like concept behind these.

Gonna give these some swings in a few weeks

These will hit the course tomorrow.
And they will be on the THP Tour Van for those playing RTJ at the THP Kickoff Classic.
I definitely want to try these out at RTJ. The more I see of them the more I get use to the wider sole and if it helps then I can sure live with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ok, a couple of good questions that I'd like to comment on...

Even though the lofts are stronger, I don't recommend comparing them to other irons because it's not an apples-to-apples thing. If the lofts were more conventional, the JGR irons would launch way too high and not produce an efficient trajectory. But, combined with the low/deep center of gravity these will produce a pretty typical launch angle and descent, along with being easy to hit and long.

As JB already mentioned, they can be custom ordered, but remember, there are no industry standards for loft, lie and length of golf clubs. One company's standard specs may be different from another, and in fact they can vary on models within the same company! To avoid any confusion I would suggest ordering with specific measurements such as "the 5 ir at 38.5", lie angle at 62.5*, stock loft" for example, as opposed to "2 up, 1/2" long".

I wouldn't mess with the stock lofts...they are designed to play with certain lofts, and with the way the sole is designed I would encourage keeping them to the factory specs.

I hope this information helps!
I not sure what it is about these irons, but they catch my eye for some reason. I don't have a problem with elevation with any of the styles of irons that I own. However, I am a shortknocker so the potential additional distance is definitely intriguing.

Thanks for this information. Since I will miss your fitting van in April I would have been guilty of the "3 up, 1 long" party foul.

Really looking forward to everyone at the Kickoff Classic's thoughts on these. Pretty awesome that Bridgestone is bringing a forging to this segment of clubs.

I'm looking forward to hitting these irons. I just need to find somewhere to hit them. When are they released?

I think these look like a crazy amount of fun.

Really looking forward to everyone at the Kickoff Classic's thoughts on these. Pretty awesome that Bridgestone is bringing a forging to this segment of clubs.

You got it

So with the release in a couple of days, any new info on these irons?

So with the release in a couple of days, any new info on these irons?

What type you would like? I know THPers tested them at the last THP Event a couple of weeks ago. And I can answer just about anything you would like to know.

What type you would like? I know THPers tested them at the last THP Event a couple of weeks ago. And I can answer just about anything you would like to know.

Thanks JB! Any thoughts that stood out from the testers? How was the weight of the club, heads look like they might be heavy. Forgiving for a Forged iron? How would they compare to the GMax? Answer what you can. Again Thanks!

Thanks JB! Any thoughts that stood out from the testers? How was the weight of the club, heads look like they might be heavy. Forgiving for a Forged iron? How would they compare to the GMax? Answer what you can. Again Thanks!

Well, I cant speak for them, but they are on the forum and have added some input in this thread.
I should also say that forged is a process in which the club is made and has nothing to do with forgiveness.

These are large. The look will be a turn off for a number of golfers, but those that dont mind the look, can get something very well constructed. I didnt care for the Gmax, so cant help there, but they are definitely not heavy. Swing weight can fix that feeling with a heavier grip, without a doubt. These are going to be a max forgivness iron that offers a very high ball flight that wants to fly pretty straight.

If you make it out to a THP Event, you are welcome to test my set of course.

Back