Problem With Dell Laptop

bigskyirish

Reaction score
Handicap
+0.1
Maybe a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced issues with the touchpad coming up or the keyboard warping (likely from battery swelling) in a Dell XPS 13 laptop. Seems to be happening to me and, not shockingly, Dell customer service sucks, so I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with it.

Maybe a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced issues with the touchpad coming up or the keyboard warping (likely from battery swelling) in a Dell XPS 13 laptop. Seems to be happening to me and, not shockingly, Dell customer service sucks, so I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with it.

I've had my Dell XPS 13 for a few years now and have yet to experience any issues the touchpad. I had looked into replacement batteries though and found them in the $55 to $85 range. Which model XPS 13 do you have?

I've had my Dell XPS 13 for a few years now and have yet to experience any issues the touchpad. I had looked into replacement batteries though and found them in the $55 to $85 range. Which model XPS 13 do you have?

9350. Seems like this is a known problem, but that Dell isn't all that receptive to fixing it (they issued a recall for the 9550 for the same thing, but not the 9350). Other than this issue, the computer has been great.

9350. Seems like this is a known problem, but that Dell isn't all that receptive to fixing it (they issued a recall for the 9550 for the same thing, but not the 9350). Other than this issue, the computer has been great.

Do you keep yours plugged in a lot? I ask because that's what caused my old Macbook Pro battery to swell and ultimately bust up some circuitry on the motherboard.

Do you keep yours plugged in a lot? I ask because that's what caused my old Macbook Pro battery to swell and ultimately bust up some circuitry on the motherboard.

It's a work laptop, so it's plugged into a Dell docking station during the day.

Thanks, man. That's super helpful.

I have a XPS 13 9350 for work and I have not had any issue with the touch pad. I think your problem would be an easy fix.

Thanks, man. That's super helpful.

And with it being on a dock most of the time, unplugging the battery and letting it cycle somewhat regularly supposedly reduces the chances of swelling.

I have a XPS 13 9350 for work and I have not had any issue with the touch pad. I think your problem would be an easy fix.

Being as it’s a work laptop, yep! Call IT!!

If it’s sitting on a dock all the time it’s likely related to constant charging, letting it cycle some isn’t going to hurt it and may help.

Back