luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Is this statement true or false - why or why not.

If only I could afford the best and most expensive equipment available then I would be able to score better

If only I could afford the best and most expensive equipment available then I would be able to score better

False false false. IMO I have some of the most expensive equipment and I am still the same golfer!

false*
*if it included a full fitting then I'd change to true. Based on my divots my lie's are incorrect for my swing.

All of the false. The proper fitting equipment, irrespective of price, will help you score better, along with practice.

False. Equipment helps potential ability, but there's still the whole human element that decides whether that potential is achieved. So much more to golf than just the equipment, but that also doesn't mean we shouldn't give ourselves the best chance with the best equipment for our game that we can afford.

False. There is a ton of great equipment out there for us; the swing and course management matter more than gear.

True because if I could afford the best and most expensive equipment, then I'd be able afford lessons and fittings more often.

False.
The best equipment doesn’t swing itself....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

false*
*if it included a full fitting then I'd change to true. Based on my divots my lie's are incorrect for my swing.

Now you've added even more cost to be able score lower. The OP assumed that the person in question wouldn't be able to afford the best equipment. If he can't afford the most expensive equipment then he certainly can't afford lesson to go with that equipment either.

False: If only I could afford the best and most expensive equipment available then I would be able to score better

True: If I could be fit for the equipment that helps my game the best I would be more confident.

False...equipment doesn’t make a bad golf game good.

False, but at least you’d look good with the latest and greatest and that’s half the battle.

False, completely false.

You can have the best equipment on the planet, but if it's not the right fit for you and/or you don't know how to put it to good use, it won't help your score.......much.

I think that is a true statement because you are going to make the time to get fit properly if your are dropping 4-5K. Did it for the first time this winter and excited to get playing in June when all of the snow melts!

False. The equipment won't fix your swing flaws.

False.
Equipment is fun but golf is still a game about the swing and stroke.

I was thinking that if I had the best equipment that money can buy then I should easily be able to knock one stroke off my game

False. The most expensive equipment may not be the best fit for someone's game or swing. Just as owning a Ferrari doesn't make you a better driver or a Viking cook top won't make you a better cook.

I was thinking that if I had the best equipment that money can buy then I should easily be able to knock one stroke off my game
Great swings can score with virtually any club. Unfortunately, the opposite isn't true.

False. Swing is still the same.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FALSE!!! You have to have some kind of ability to play good golf. The equipment can just compliment your game.

Definitely False.

I have said for years You could give me the Best equipment and I will still Suck and you could give Tiger almost any crappy club and he is still going to be Tiger.

The equipment doesn't make the golfer.

Well, I'm split.

I'd generally think False but if presented with this question two years ago, I'd have to say True... for myself, that is.

And that's because immediately after swapping out my then 8 year old irons for CF16's and 5 year old driver for the Epic, my play improved immediately and my scores tumbled and the improvement was maintained.

Suddenly my typical contact toward the toe with driver was forgiven as was my penchant for the same with irons along with hitting it low on the face all to often.

Same flaws, less punishment, less leaking of strokes.

True because if I could afford the best and most expensive equipment, then I'd be able afford lessons and fittings more often.

Was coming in to say just this!

False. Many more aspects to scoring well than just having the latest and greatest equipment.

Back