WGC - Cadillac Championship

CBaker

Winter is coming
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It's a big one this week! The first WGC event of the calendar year is back at Doral, with Dustin Johnson as the defending champion. As of right now the entire top 10 of the OWGR will be in play headlining a loaded field taking on the blue monster.

Does the win come from one of the top 10 ranked players, or from the outside?

I say top 10, most those guys seem to have been playing really steady

I'd like to see DJ go back to back, but I've got a feeling Spieth has a little something to prove after his last outing.

I'd like to see DJ go back to back, but I've got a feeling Spieth has a little something to prove after his last outing.

I'm really hoping McIlroy and Fowler feel the same way. That could get fun to watch.

Yeah I think the winner will be in the top 10.

I'm really hoping McIlroy and Fowler feel the same way. That could get fun to watch.

I hope Rory steadies his play this week. He's been a little erratic the last couple weeks.

Good call on Spieth, would not be surprised to see Adam Scott go back to back, and Rory has to show up eventually.

Outside, the odds are better!

I say inside top 10. I don't see DJ winning. Hoping Rory finds something with the putter.

These no cut events are tricky from a daily fantasy perspective. Such a crap shoot with no real dark horses.

I want to see, just like every week, some struggling grinder take a title and make some money. I always go for the underdogs.
Now, that being said, watch out for Matsuyama or Willett.

Not too many struggling grinders in the top 65 in the world golf rankings. There are a few obscure names that don't play over here much though

Valid point.

I do agree in principle though, was pretty cool to see Vaughn Taylor win 2 weeks back.

New mobile device policy with pictures allowed this weekend? Oh that's gonna get real interesting lol. Yo Rory hold up let's take a selfie!!

How about Louis going back to back? Dude played very well here last year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't know why but I don't see any of the 'big 4' taking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this should be fun to watch

11:32 a.m.: Jordan Spieth, Jason Day, Rory McIlroy are in same group!!

Damn, 1 through 3 in one group? That'll be fun!

That is a awesome looking group...minus their last outings.

47 of top 50 in the field. I hope this comes down to a Sunday finish with a few people tied or within a stroke of each other. I could handle a playoff too.

As fun as the years of Tiger dominating the tour were, I really have enjoyed the last couple of years and think this year will be even better. There are so many guys every week that can win, not because talent is falling off, but because of how much better the talent has gotten.

I saw that Jordan, Rory and Sergio are paired up for the 1st round, did I see that right? That should be a fun group to follow!

I saw that Jordan, Rory and Sergio are paired up for the 1st round, did I see that right? That should be a fun group to follow!
Jason Day... Not Sergio. I'll definitely be following that group.

Back