John Daly and Champions Tour

bigtazz53

@bigtazzGOLF
Reaction score
Handicap
13.3 GHIN
Saw JD announced he'll make his Champions Tour debut at Insperity Invitational in May at The Woodlands Country Club.
I'm excited to see how he does on the Champions Tour.
It'd be really cool if he won.
Wonder how much more attention this tour gets if he plays well.
Thoughts?

Tazz

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

My thoughts? I don't care. Hope he withdraws a lot. Unfortunately he can't miss the cut.

He will compete out there bc of his distance imo. And he WILL draw crowds, like him or not, he is a professional sideshow act.

The clown is coming to town.

No thanks.

Doesn't matter to me. There are too many talented players now a days to really care about a guy who is on his what, 15th chance? If he competes, great, if he doesn't oh well.

I like him, hope he does well.
I have seen him many times, should be interesting.
Me and the wife go every year to both the Shell and the Insperity.
:cool:

I hope if he pulls one of his stupid shenanigans they suspend for the rest of the year. They should do on the first offense also. He has had more than enough chances.

I personally think he will get his a$$ kicked more often than not. Shorter courses yes, but the shortest course, the one between his ears, seems to be the hardest for him to navigate. Not really interested in him at all.

JM

JD still has length but he also has an uncanny ability to throw 8's and 10's on the scorecard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initially, quite a bit of attention but if doesn't do well it will subside quickly. I think we would all like to see fulfill his tremendous talent!

Yup if he can keep the 6 inches between his ears on an even keel I think he'll do well.
Who knows, maybe it'll be just what he needs to kick his career back in gear.

I could care less if I never hear about him again but at the same time I think him having some success on the champions tour would actually bring more viewers to the tour and therefor can be good for golf.

I hope he does well out there. He might even boost Champions Tour viewership some.

I hope he does well out there. He might even boost Champions Tour viewership some.

That is the upside of him being on the Champions Tour. I hope he does well. I just don't want the side show. It has grown old.

Initially, quite a bit of attention but if doesn't do well it will subside quickly. I think we would all like to see fulfill his tremendous talent!

Yeah. No.

Saw JD announced he'll make his Champions Tour debut at Insperity Invitational in May at The Woodlands Country Club.
I'm excited to see how he does on the Champions Tour.
It'd be really cool if he won.
Wonder how much more attention this tour gets if he plays well.
Thoughts?

Tazz

You won't find any love for Daly on this forum regardless of positive encounters some of us have had and any good things he has done. But I will enjoy watching him on the Champions Tour.

You won't find any love for Daly on this forum regardless of positive encounters some of us have had and any good things he has done. But I will enjoy watching him on the Champions Tour.

Sorry, but being semi local (he used to live here) I have seen MANY good things he has done. The sad thing is that the douchiness he has exhibited both locally and nationally has tested both my patience and my ability to give a rip about how he does on the Champions tour. There are plenty here who have "love" for Daly. It's not entirely fair to make a broad "forum" statement though.

JM

Sorry, but being semi local (he used to live here) I have seen MANY good things he has done. The sad thing is that the douchiness he has exhibited both locally and nationally has tested both my patience and my ability to give a rip about how he does on the Champions tour. There are plenty here who have "love" for Daly. It's not entirely fair to make a broad "forum" statement though.

JM
Agreed bro. The demons he dealt with in his past helped tarnish his image. Maybe to never recover.
But as far as bringing viewers and tournament attendance up he can move the needle. And I think if he plays well it'll be really good for the tour.

I think he will do okay the first couple tournaments then flicker out quickly...unlike his apparel.

I have actually met him, he was nice to me and very nice to my daughter. I will cheer for him just for that reason. I don't dislike anyone until they give me a personal reason not too.

Whether you like him or not he is a 2 time major winner and deserves some respect ........ however your response is far from surprising

Personally, I would like to see Daly play well and compete. I think Daly playing well and competing could really boost the Champions Tour a ton.

Back