Best BBQ near you

Sadly, there isn't a "great" place here where I live. Martin's Barbecue is the best around and while I like it I don't consider it great. Growing up my dad and uncle's owned Barbecue places called Sweat's Barbecue and the pulled pork was amazing!! So when it comes to barbecue I can be hard to please. Fox Brothers in Atlanta and Southern Soul on St. Simons Island are my favorites in the state though.

Lots of places popping up in MI. Top places I go are The Meat Guy BBQ which is a food truck/trailer that is at various locations. Other is Smokestreet in Milford, MI. Never been disappointed in either.

@FernDog @NTXNoodler @Desmond @tomcat

Up and Comer to the local BBQ mix: Tender Smokehouse in Celina, TX

Word Is Getting Out

Have not been yet but people I know up there say it's legit. They say you can get it to go too for little to no time of waiting. They just bought the old 3 Stacks location off Preston Road in Frisco and will open up soon.

Pat’s BBQ in Murphysboro, IL. He just did competitions for years until he retired from his day job and then started selling food out of a small shop for lunch a few days a week. It grew quickly and now he’s built a new building that’s open every day. Pork, chicken, or beef...that man can cook anything!

Word Is Getting Out

Have not been yet but people I know up there say it's legit. They say you can get it to go too for little to no time of waiting. They just bought the old 3 Stacks location off Preston Road in Frisco and will open up soon.
This is next on my list. Read about it last week and heard they bought that spot in Frisco. It's not far from me as I am just 5 min north of McKinney off 75.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Word Is Getting Out

Not sure how I forgot about Tender. It really is GOOD. Beans are amazing.

Mission BBQ for me. Browns legend Joe Thomas started the restaurant and there is a HUGE emphasis on service men and women there. Lots of awesome memorabilia for all of the military branches and local Police and Fire. And at noon every day, everyone stops and stands to their feet as they play the National Anthem. It was a really awesome place to be at for lunch and on top of all that, the food was amazing.

Little Pigs Bar-B-Q. Great onion rings too

Luling City Market is one of my favorites. I haven't bothered with the Franklins wait but LA BBQ is nice and in Lockhart prefer Black's but they are all great honestly.

City Market is a regular stop for sure when I'm heading out to Houston.

City Market is a regular stop for sure when I'm heading out to Houston.
I used to work in Seguin a fair bit and we vacationed north of SA ways up going toward Blanco. Made stops all those times. I don't have to work down there anymore but might need to find time next time I am in SA.

I used to work in Seguin a fair bit and we vacationed north of SA ways up going toward Blanco. Made stops all those times. I don't have to work down there anymore but might need to find time next time I am in SA.

What you basically just said is BBQ & Birdies in South Texas... got it. :alien2:

I'm down in Austin now and haven't had time to check out all of the popular places. In Dallas, my favorite was Pecan Lodge.

What you basically just said is BBQ & Birdies in South Texas... got it. :alien2:

I could envision an event coming together around this theme. We need a 3rd B...hmmm - perhaps beer? :)

Not much if any great BBQ in NH or Mass.

But If I really want something I go to Goody Coles in Brentwood,NH - OK, nothing special, i actually prefer the sauces over the meat.

Going to Austin, TX really opened my eyes to what really amazing BBQ tasted like.. Blacks BBQ in Lockhart was the best I've ever had. Thought Stiles Switch was Alright, Alright as well lol

Word Is Getting Out

Good to hear that Nate! We used to go to 3 Stacks quite a bit: the brisket nachos were amazing! Definitely have to check this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Boston, probably Sweet Cheeks - Tiffani Faison's BBQ restaurant. Best biscuits I've ever had, and the meat is really good too.

Dinosaur BBQ in the greater area. The one in Troy is great, but the original in Syracuse is fantastic due to the grunginess.

im going to Nashville and Gatlinburg TN the first week of April for a small family reunion. None of us are familiar with the area.

Does anyone have a good BBQ recommendation for those areas?

im going to Nashville and Gatlinburg TN the first week of April for a small family reunion. None of us are familiar with the area.

Does anyone have a good BBQ recommendation for those areas?

Peg Leg Porker in Nashville is exceptional. A buddy who lives there swears by a place called Drifters.

Oxford is a pitiful BBQ town. The one place we had that turned out consistently good pork had terrible sides and a worse location.

A little place in Brandenburg, Ky called Doc's BBQ Smoke Shack.

Back