Best BBQ near you

If I am up for the drive Lexington BBQ in Lexington NC. If I am not up for the drive and want to stay around Charlotte I would say Sauceman's, though Midwood Smokehouse is good too.

A place called Jersey shore bbq.. 1/2 price wings in Tuesday, some other specials and deals, etc.

Gotta try out a few places further south but for now that's my top spot

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

H8tobogie said:
NullNomad said:
What you basically just said is BBQ & Birdies in South Texas... got it.
I could envision an event coming together around this theme. We need a 3rd B...hmmm - perhaps beer? :)
"THP Triple B Open"

@JB lets make it happen captain!!!!:banana:

If I am up for the drive Lexington BBQ in Lexington NC. If I am not up for the drive and want to stay around Charlotte I would say Sauceman's, though Midwood Smokehouse is good too.

I have always enjoyed Mac's Speed Shop when in town

There is a little shop near where I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada (near Toronto) called Holy Smokez that has excellent pulled pork

Mission BBQ for me. Browns legend Joe Thomas started the restaurant and there is a HUGE emphasis on service men and women there. Lots of awesome memorabilia for all of the military branches and local Police and Fire. And at noon every day, everyone stops and stands to their feet as they play the National Anthem. It was a really awesome place to be at for lunch and on top of all that, the food was amazing.

That's the best chain bbq I've had.

Commonwealth BBQ is a good local spot. I haven’t ventured to too many others since getting a smoker myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best near me is the BQing we do right here at home, usually ribs or chicken. Preparation is key to insure a good outcome.

Peg Leg Porker in Nashville is exceptional. A buddy who lives there swears by a place called Drifters.

Agreed on the Peg Leg. Went there while in Nashville. Great BBQ sandwich.

Mac's is good too. Took my father in law when he was in town

We're lucky to have one authentic bbq place in our town, Beaugards. The owner moved here from Arkansas for a auto parts manufacturing job then started the place up when he retired. It used to be in a small place right by our house and moved to the south side of town.

Its great stuff timing is everything, they sell out quite often.

And what would a bbq thread be without someone telling the OP that there's much better to be had at the original or place just another 5 miles down the road...

Mission BBQ for me. Browns legend Joe Thomas started the restaurant and there is a HUGE emphasis on service men and women there. Lots of awesome memorabilia for all of the military branches and local Police and Fire. And at noon every day, everyone stops and stands to their feet as they play the National Anthem. It was a really awesome place to be at for lunch and on top of all that, the food was amazing.

Been to their Canton and Oveido, great brisket and ribs! And love their specials.

Not the best near me but you can’t much closer than this, just over my fence.
0847845fc26d3849a5c9c676b44393c7.jpg

Bbbbbbbbrotha's BBQ.....taste so good, make ya wanna slap yo momma!

It's probably in North Carolina. :banghead:

Been to the one oin Hagerstown, MD and I was impresed.

There's a place in Saratoga called PJ's Bar-B-QSA. They were much better b1efore they tried to franchise the idea, but on a good day, they're still very, very good. Their Ribwick sandwich is boned barebque ribs on a kummelweck roll (if you're not from Buffalo, it's basically a kaiser roll topped with coarse salt and caraway seeds.) As simple as it is, it might be the best sandwich ever.

Northeast Pa there is a small place call Kundlas. Only open the weekend before labor day to the week after memorial day. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Line is always about 20 people deep. Ribs, chicken, home made fries, pickles.... the place has a cult like following.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Take drive from Cleveland to Buffalo to get some Dinosaur BBQ. They do it justice there. Though her in Cleveland, it's very limited. Say Proper Pig in Lakewood is the best. Micheal Symon's place is to finnicky and expensive for me (compared the Dino BBQ prices)

Not the best near me but you can’t much closer than this, just over my fence.
0847845fc26d3849a5c9c676b44393c7.jpg

Man, I like Rudy's. Stop there every time we visit my daughter in San Antonio

Best here in Racine WI is my Rectec smoker. Just cant pay for stuff that's not as good as we make.

Wilburs in Goldsboro NC is my favorite. Mac's Speed Shop in Charlotte is great by not as authentic. Wilburs are good old boys and folks have some Q and talking to their neighbors. Great Hush Puppies.

Back