what do you hit better irons or woods/ driver?

My irons by far. Definitely trying to get the driver/FW game under control!

I always thought I hit my irons better, but when I kept stats for a few rounds, I realized I drive the ball better than I give myself credit for. My irons were worse than I thought. The problem is that the one bad drive you hit usually costs you 2-3 strokes on a hole and a poor iron may only cost you one.

Driver, I can hit fairways quite easily. My irons can be great or terrible any given day.

I am actually going to say that I hit irons and FW's with relatively the same success, and both are better than my driver.

I'm the same way and really enjoy hitting both of them. Put a driver in my hands and I turn into a freaking headcase! Some rounds I just leave the driver in the bag and hit 3W off the tee almost exclusively. My goal this year is to have a serviceable driver swing.

Typically I'm a good driver. But some days it's irons.

Driver is my best club and I dont think its close. The rest are about the same.

Irons and driver. I can hit a hybrid if I hit it the same as an iron, but I don't like hitting them unless I have a lie on the fairway. I'm not a fan of fairway woods, but then they're my least used club - I don't even need them on a par 5. I can hit a hybrid or 5 iron and end up in PW territory.

I hit both pretty solid but never at the same time it seems.

Driver is my best club and I dont think its close. The rest are about the same.

Why is that because you have never missed a fairway in your whole life?
:alien:

3 wood is my best club. I tend to have rounds where the driver and 3 wood works and the irons don't or vice versa. Need to put them together during around.

I'm actually a weird combo here. My tee game isn't great and neither is my iron game.....but give me an iron on a par 3 and that's usually where I'm at my best. Shorter club teed up and I typically pick it clean with zero turf interaction. Turf interaction is the death of me....mostly fat but then get thin when trying to avoid the chunk.

I usually hit my irons better. Especially 8 iron and 9 iron.

Irons for sure. I even took out my hybrid for a 2 iron this year and for the foreseeable future because I hit irons that much better. I have been struggling lately with driver, but I think it is because I haven't been able to play much lately, so hopefully that changes soon and I can get back to being comfortable with my driver. It i snice to have the 2 iron ready to be hit when driver isn't cooperating though.

i read an article about hitting driver that might be helpful they were saying we have a distance for about every club except driver. you know for an example you know your 8 iron goes 150 yards you dont try to hit it 175 yards.

when we hit driver we dont really have a distance its as far as we can hit it. golfers would be better to have a comfortable distance say 250 yards for example and try and hit it to that distance rather then try and hit it as far as we can. yea you might pipe one 275 one time but it would be more detrimental to your game than a a bunch of 250 yard drives in play.

Hey, I like that. I know for myself I have a distance I put against all my clubs including driver. My driver last year had a 185 yard , in the fairway, distance. With a bunch of winter work I am hoping that will be longer, maybe 10 to 15 yards. The beauty of the driver is that if I go "too long", I'll be closer to the green. LOL

I have more confidence with my hybrids and short irons/wedges so generally hit well with them. It's my 3 wood and 6 iron I keep working on. At least the bad hits are going further,

Probably hit irons the best on the most consistent basis. Driver can get hot, but also go cold.

Some days it's irons some days it's woods but never on the same day.

I am better with my woods/hybrids, I struggle with my driver and long irons. Its one of the big things I am trying to work on this year, consistency with my irons.

Some days it's irons some days it's woods but never on the same day.

I know that all too well bud!

I'll say irons for myself, most often the irons are relied upon heavily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that all too well bud!

I'll say irons for myself, most often the irons are relied upon heavily.

Your game is pretty consistent from what I saw which I would kill for.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Your game is pretty consistent from what I saw which I would kill for.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Haha, You caught me on a decent day, I'll be up that way a few times with a little more warmth, I'm sure you will be able to see the other side of the game.

Irons for sure. Although I have been hitting the driver REALLY good as of late.

Fortunately, for me, I'm okay with both. And hybrids, wedges and putter. I still make mistakes in all of them, but no group worse than the other, at this point in time.

Back