The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to both show my drivers license and a business card to get in the front door of one of my own offices today. Petty people really make for a bad day.

I must be drunk. Did JB just 'Thank' a picture of a foot…?

I must be drunk. Did JB just 'Thank' a picture of a foot…?

Well you might be, but it was for the Salon Pas that Wu was asking about earlier.

Well you might be, but it was for the Salon Pas that Wu was asking about earlier.

Love those things! But darn they are rough on body hair hahaha.

I had to both show my drivers license and a business card to get in the front door of one of my own offices today. Petty people really make for a bad day.

What in the heck is going on there girard?!

We parted ways with somebody and they weren't too happy to see me today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you were the one wielding the axe then.

Edit: waiting to get parts to put my truck back together and on the road sucks.

I saw the conversation earlier, still never thought I'd see the day.

Somewhat. Didn't have to "axe" per se but pick up all client files and had a guy along to wipe computers.

Just doing your job some people can't see that.

So tonight myself, my employer, and two co-workers went for dinner with a supplier (supplier was buying).

I had an iced tea and a steak. Everyone else had multiple drinks, multiple apps, and large main courses.

I was mocked for the evening for not drinking, and not gorging myself. I don't get it. I want to make a good impression, be respectful of the supplier (especially since this was my first time meeting them), and trying to be professional. Am I in the wrong here?

Honest question, as a supplier, will your company buy anything from this supplier? If so, nothing wrong, if not, well that's kind of a prick move in my opinion.
As the guy that typically buys, I wouldn't be offended and think you did nothing wrong. I've run cards for $5-7k at strip clubs and bars over the years and that certainly makes an interesting talk when the expense report goes through.

Not sure where this goes so I'm leaving it here.

So I got hired almost 11yrs ago my pay grade says I'm to maintain an emt-basic certification and I was a certified emt-intermediate finishing up paramedic school and certified 8months later. We have paid paramedic positions but they are limited in number with almost no one vacating those slots. Well last yr a slot opened up and some shady things went down with how it got filled, now another slot will be coming open here soon. Well the same thing is happening with how it's going to be filled.

So when our yearly protocol testing came about I opted to test as an emt-basic and not as a paramedic. I did this cause I'm tired of doing a job two pay grades above mine and getting zero recognition for it. Well today I get a phone call try to convince me to reconsider testing as a paramedic for a huge maybe and that didn't sit well with me. Now I'm lost on what to, do the maybe is a poor fix for the shady way the promotions are being done and in a few ways is worse and angers me.

Honest question, as a supplier, will your company buy anything from this supplier? If so, nothing wrong, if not, well that's kind of a prick move in my opinion.
As the guy that typically buys, I wouldn't be offended and think you did nothing wrong. I've run cards for $5-7k at strip clubs and bars over the years and that certainly makes an interesting talk when the expense report goes through.

The supplier is our roofing vendor. We buy all of our EPDM roofing product & adhesives from them. Being that our market is on the downturn right now because of the oil/gas issues, our orders are 1/4 of what they used to be.

They are our only vendor for this product, and we have no intention of switching to another vendor at all. The main reason for the visit was that our old CSR at order desk is now our area sales rep, and they were out introducing him (I am the only person who has ever dealt with him). Unfortunately everyone else got so drunk (and hungover) that the reps bailed on the site tour that we had planned for this morning.

The supplier is our roofing vendor. We buy all of our EPDM roofing product & adhesives from them. Being that our market is on the downturn right now because of the oil/gas issues, our orders are 1/4 of what they used to be.

They are our only vendor for this product, and we have no intention of switching to another vendor at all. The main reason for the visit was that our old CSR at order desk is now our area sales rep, and they were out introducing him (I am the only person who has ever dealt with him). Unfortunately everyone else got so drunk (and hungover) that the reps bailed on the site tour that we had planned for this morning.

You're good dude.

To hungover for a site tour? Sounds kinda familiar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did nothing wrong, now the others who couldn't make the site visit well.

I used to dread conferences and certain meetings because of the open credit cards. I was at a conference and was talking with a couple sales guys about their products how to improve/tweet and by the time I drank half a beer I'd turn around and another was sitting there. The conference was rough but great for contact building.

So tonight myself, my employer, and two co-workers went for dinner with a supplier (supplier was buying).

I had an iced tea and a steak. Everyone else had multiple drinks, multiple apps, and large main courses.

I was mocked for the evening for not drinking, and not gorging myself. I don't get it. I want to make a good impression, be respectful of the supplier (especially since this was my first time meeting them), and trying to be professional. Am I in the wrong here?

Not at all and there's nothing wrong with not drinking. I'd be pretty upset at them making fun of me for that.

#teamcali

4ff6dc567973510969fdea156d58bac6.jpg

That is a sweet hat!

Facebook is great. I never won a spelling bee, but someone commented on a picture of a sunset and called it 'sereal'.

I don't know what's happening to this world.

It's good when an employer let's you know they are contacting your references, right?

I would say so...good luck!

Not sure where this goes so I'm leaving it here.

So I got hired almost 11yrs ago my pay grade says I'm to maintain an emt-basic certification and I was a certified emt-intermediate finishing up paramedic school and certified 8months later. We have paid paramedic positions but they are limited in number with almost no one vacating those slots. Well last yr a slot opened up and some shady things went down with how it got filled, now another slot will be coming open here soon. Well the same thing is happening with how it's going to be filled.

So when our yearly protocol testing came about I opted to test as an emt-basic and not as a paramedic. I did this cause I'm tired of doing a job two pay grades above mine and getting zero recognition for it. Well today I get a phone call try to convince me to reconsider testing as a paramedic for a huge maybe and that didn't sit well with me. Now I'm lost on what to, do the maybe is a poor fix for the shady way the promotions are being done and in a few ways is worse and angers me.

I remember you telling me about the shadiness when we were in Florida last year. I can't imagine your frustration and get what you're saying. I know if it was me I would be skeptical of the maybe.

Do a pros/cons list for each position and see what wins out

Im digging those USA hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back