THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

This thread always gets feisty at night. I like it. No gimmies come June, bottom of the cup and a stare down.:alien:

Let's hope we don't a get a whole Solhiem Cup incident in June...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For his opponents? I bet you hope so...haha
Me? Absolutely! I am an awful putter, you've seen it.

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

Well it's a 3 parter so you can't just focus on one thing, you need to make sure you can do all three well, that's why it's the MVP. Some will play better golf some will be better teammates/opponents and some dominate social media. You definitely have to earn it.

For his opponents? I bet you hope so...haha

Ha, like I said. Feisty from all sides. Love it.

Can always tell who doesn't like to putt when there are matching 4 footers and one guy immediately offers good-good.

What's a Mike Dean 441 gimme?

Ive played with that dude a ton, he doesnt give me crap on or around the greens.

Well it's a 3 parter so you can't just focus on one thing, you need to make sure you can do all three well, that's why it's the MVP. Some will play better golf some will be better teammates/opponents and some dominate social media. You definitely have to earn it.

That is a definite. However some will go into the event and not even participate on the social media part. Just hope all take that into account.

Let's hope we don't a get a whole Solhiem Cup incident in June...

Never know with match play, especially in a heated rivalry, but I hope not. It was a bush league move, but she never should have assumed her putt was good and picked it up. That's basic stuff.

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

Great question, but since there isn't really a guideline of, do this and you will be MVP, I'm just going to focus on making sure my game is ready for Boulder and make sure I do everything in my power to get my teammates ready for the event. Then the obvious stay active on the Forum but that's never really an issue. Everything else is out out of my hands.

What's a Mike Dean 441 gimme?

Ive played with that dude a ton, he doesnt give me crap on or around the greens.
There was a video somewhere, maybe someone can find it? Good. Good.

There was a video somewhere, maybe someone can find it? Good. Good.
Something about how to make all your 5 footers right?

Haha, great video.

Ha, like I said. Feisty from all sides. Love it.

Can always tell who doesn't like to putt when there are matching 4 footers and one guy immediately offers good-good.
Kinda....but if theres 1 thing i can do golf wise its putt

Great tapa photo...

1d4f307b321ad6e336659a86a95b0161.jpg

I can't (nor won't) compete against a scratch or anything like that.

I can read.

That should have read heads up.
I will be glued to this thread to know exactly how scoring will work.

Challenge yourself. Get to work, bro. Dont rely on pops to win a match. Play your game, work your ass off and PLAY SOME GOOD GOLF.

Kinda....but if theres 1 thing i can do golf wise its putt

Was only complimenting JB for stoking the fire. I believe ya on putting. The old Drive for show putt for dough is one of the truest golf-isms there is.

Challenge yourself. Get to work, bro. Dont rely on pops to win a match. Play your game, work your ass off and PLAY SOME GOOD GOLF.

CJ likes to undersell himself. He's a terrible slouch. :alien:

My plan is to prep for the event similar to how I did my last one. Practice during lunch and early weekend rounds. League match play every week and a few lessons. But share the journey with the forum in the appropriate (or new) threads. Try to keep up on social media. Golf my ball in June, and when the ball rolls into the cup on the final hole walk away with no regrets.

CJ likes to undersell himself. He's a terrible slouch. :alien:

Fun story; Was playing a Sunday round with CJ in Las Vegas at this event called the Bridgestone Championship a few years back. He started off not so great, and gave it a ho hum effort for a few holes. Finally, we told him to get his sh*t together and play some golf. He got motivated, and he played some effing golf. He has game, he just needs to bolster his confidence and DO WORK.

Back