Michigan hackers, check in here

I want to to say thanks to everyone that has been active in Michigan over the past few months leading up to RR. It's nice to see the Michigan group continue to grow with some good people. It seems like it wasn't that long ago that it was Tyler, Jeremy, CJ, and myself from MI on THP.

I know not everyone will make the team, which is unfortunate, but there are lots of other events and plenty of practice rounds and even more gatherings (I was hoping to get one going this summer in Lansing area), not to mention the endless amounts of information to be had on THP.

I hope to be seeing everyone on here through the summer, and we can continue to grow the Michigan group of THP, shoot maybe we can catch Ohio in members one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey guys. Friendly PSA.

Michigan Golf Show on the Facebook is having a contest. Like and share a recent post of theirs to be entered to win a $500 shopping spree at the show. Winner announced Thursday, hopefully a THPer wins and I get a cut ;)

Hey guys. Friendly PSA.

Michigan Golf Show on the Facebook is having a contest. Like and share a recent post of theirs to be entered to win a $500 shopping spree at the show. Winner announced Thursday, hopefully a THPer wins and I get a cut ;)

I can't make it Saturday, but if I win, it will definitely be worth the drive in on Sunday.

Hey guys. Friendly PSA.

Heading there for the first time with my 8-year-old on Saturday. One of our neighbors just told us she won a full set of clubs there last year, so of course now my son is convinced he's going to hit the jackpot too.

Heading there for the first time with my 8-year-old on Saturday. One of our neighbors just told us she won a full set of clubs there last year, so of course now my son is convinced he's going to hit the jackpot too.

Watch him win... That would be classic...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b39168351ce52f58a025603eaea39c12.jpg

First 5i swing with new clubs, not bad.

ecace79d3e7041182739d73ac02d007f.jpg

About 10 shots with a 9i, they are a touch shorter than I thought they'd be, but straight is never a bad thing.

Ok guys. Now that we know who's in and who's out of the RR my planning will begin for the Firestone rounds on Thursday/Friday/Sunday (any or all) before and after the event. Assuming JDtox will be wanting his guys there on Friday though.

I'm pretty sure I can get 4 times on any day. Fee is going to be somewhere around $250 for the south course. That will be with as much range time as we went. If you want to play a different course other than the south (west-Links style $160) (north-great Ohio layout $175)

Goal would be to not interrupt any planning or RR events at all thus the Thurs/Fri/Sun options. I bring this up now because I can officially make tee times as of today. The RR is about 2 weeks before the south course officially closes for the Bridgestone Inv. Let me know who is in / out. Thanks guys!

IN Sunday June 12:
Wyzyguy

Ok guys. Now that we know who's in and who's out of the RR my planning will begin for the Firestone rounds on Thursday/Friday/Sunday (any or all) before and after the event. Assuming JDtox will be wanting his guys there on Friday though.

I'm pretty sure I can get 4 times on any day. Fee is going to be somewhere around $250 for the south course. That will be with as much range time as we went. If you want to play a different course other than the south (west-Links style $160) (north-great Ohio layout $175)

Goal would be to not interrupt any planning or RR events at all thus the Thurs/Fri/Sun options. I bring this up now because I can officially make tee times as of today. The RR is about 2 weeks before the south course officially closes for the Bridgestone Inv. Let me know who is in / out. Thanks guys!

I would be down for Sunday.. Thanks again.

Lol guess that's it? (Kidding)

Lol guess that's it? (Kidding)

Not many posters in Michigan despite being in #THPRegionalRivalry. I know life happens so I'd give it a couple days

Just want to make sure I give it the appropriate time for the guys that have to travel a ways. Would like to see ya there on that Sunday!

IN Sunday June 12:
Wyzyguy

Thanks very much, but probably not going to make it down that weekend. It was always a bad weekend schedule wise for me but obviously would have made it work. Would definitely be interested a different weekend if your offer is an open one. Thanks again.

IN Sunday June 12:
Wyzyguy

This is an awesome opportunity, but I won't be able to go. Thanks for the invite.

Thanks very much, but probably not going to make it down that weekend. It was always a bad weekend schedule wise for me but obviously would have made it work. Would definitely be interested a different weekend if your offer is an open one. Thanks again.

It is most definitely open!!! Anytime u can make it

Hey guys forgive me for not understanding fully, but in the RR thread the topic of pops what brought up. Can some refresh my memory and what that is again?

Ok did my own research. I figured it out. Just never heard the term pops before.

Hey guys forgive me for not understanding fully, but in the RR thread the topic of pops what brought up. Can some refresh my memory and what that is again?

Ok did my own research. I figured it out. Just never heard the term pops before.

It s cool internet golfer speak... I did read how the pops are determined for team. Makes sense to me. Hope to see some Michigan hacks at the golf show. I won't get there until 2:00 or so on Saturday..

Pops are strokes given based off of handicap. In an 18 hole match, if you are a 5 handicap playing against a 3 handicap, you would get a pop (or stroke) on the 2 hardest holes based on hole handicap

IN Sunday June 12:
Wyzyguy

Very Nice offer, But I think I will have to pass.
I am sure it will be a fun round!

Maybe another time slice! Still would like to get some MI THPers down at another time too. Congrats on the RR pick

So, next week looks like 60* and rain. So there should be no snow in sight. So I was thinking we should try and get together for some soggy golf on Sunday the 13th. I know it's a long ways away but I just wanted to throw it out there.

So, next week looks like 60* and rain. So there should be no snow in sight. So I was thinking we should try and get together for some soggy golf on Sunday the 13th. I know it's a long ways away but I just wanted to throw it out there.

I will stay tuned. Not sure this far out but I'm hoping it can be a nice launch for the LTD.

Or if it's too soggy we can find a range some where in between all of us.

IN Sunday June 12:
Wyzyguy

A very gracious offer, however I too think I will have to pass, as much as I would love to play that course, its a bit out of my price range. There I said it!

Who is going to the novi golf show on Saturday? Was thinking around 11? Walk the floor and maybe grab some lunch after? Be nice to meet up with as many of you as possible.

Who is going to the novi golf show on Saturday? Was thinking around 11? Walk the floor and maybe grab some lunch after? Be nice to meet up with as many of you as possible.
Earlier is better for me, but plan is good.
I just got word Wyzyguy cancelled his fitting for that morning so he's in the carpool from down this way.

Back