DQ For Green Reading Material

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Alex Cejka was DQ'd after about 14 holes of golf at the Honda because "greens reading materials did not fit the new scale", according to PGA Tour Communications. The new rule is the result of the USGA stating that the ability to read greens on one's own judgement is essential.

We can enforce that, but not slow play, lmao

Isn't this the same kind of deal when Bryson was using a compass or something?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alex Cejka was DQ'd after about 14 holes of golf at the Honda because "greens reading materials did not fit the new scale", according to PGA Tour Communications. The new rule is the result of the USGA stating that the ability to read greens on one's own judgement is essential.

I’d love to get the full explanation on this. Feels very stuffy from this perspective but I am sure there’s more to it.

• Admin
Isn't this the same kind of deal when Bryson was using a compass or something?

They actually have not said exactly which rule has been violated as of yet. But the rumor going around (no idea if true) is that it was for the size of the material he was using.

I'm sure this ruling will open a lot of eyes.

They actually have not said exactly which rule has been violated as of yet. But the rumor going around (no idea if true) is that it was for the size of the material he was using.

Golf channel mentioned the size which was in line with the previous years green reading materials. All the caddies/players were given new books that were smaller and had less details. The way they explained it was to let the player “read” the greens and not rely on the books as that was slowing play.

Golf channel mentioned the size which was in line with the previous years green reading materials. All the caddies/players were given new books that were smaller and had less details. The way they explained it was to let the player “read” the greens and not rely on the books as that was slowing play.
That's a little absurd... It's not the materials, it's their general routines at times.

This stuff is so petty. We don’t police the putter anchoring or slow play. But a golfer uses something slightly larger will get you DQ’d. The tour needs their own rules separate from the USGA

He better be careful before he does something extremely disrespectful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

size matters? dammit.

Shame on him for not being a bigger name...he's on the wrong side of popularity to just get a two stroke penalty.

So now seeing that it was an old one and the greens have since been redone so it was worthless ? Is that true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS THIS THIS!!!

It’s farcical how the tour picks and chooses which rules to enforce!

THIS THIS THIS!!!

It’s farcical how the tour picks and chooses which rules to enforce!

It's funny that nearly every week players and, or, groups are warned for slow play, and in response the player and, or, group gets back in position, thus avoiding any penalty, yet the common perception is that pace of play is not enforced.

I heard this on Golf Central earlier today. He was using last year's material so it's not like he would be getting a huge advantage. I think this DQ was asinine! Let's punish him for the size of his book as opposed to breaking a rule of golf. SMH

I heard this on Golf Central earlier today. He was using last year's material so it's not like he would be getting a huge advantage. I think this DQ was asinine! Let's punish him for the size of his book as opposed to breaking a rule of golf. SMH

The 2019 Rules have been in place for nearly two months now. It is the responsibility of the players (and their caddies) to learn the Rules and observe same. In this case Cejka and his caddie have no one to blame but themselves.

The 2019 Rules have been in place for nearly two months now. It is the responsibility of the players (and their caddies) to learn the Rules and observe same. In this case Cejka and his caddie have no one to blame but themselves.

Yeah, completely rewiring the way they’ve done things for literally their whole golfing lives should be fixed in two months easy...........

Yeesh.

This stuff is so petty. We don’t police the putter anchoring or slow play. But a golfer uses something slightly larger will get you DQ’d. The tour needs their own rules separate from the USGA

(This)

Yeah, completely rewiring the way they’ve done things for literally their whole golfing lives should be fixed in two months easy...........

Yeesh.

It's hardly a rewiring, isn't the rule simply that the book has to be a certain size now?

It's another dumb rule IMO but it can't be that difficult to carry the right book.

My first thought as well, they actually went through on this one, but the blatant slow play isn't even touched.

The sad thing is Cejka is one of the good guys. Met him twice and followed him for 18 holes once. Goes about his business, always has his significant other following him and always talkative with his playing partners the few times I saw him as well as interact with a few fans during business hours.

This sends no message but how dumb the new rules are. Poor on the Tour.

Back