Cobra KING F6 Junior Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Young golfers looking to play like the pros, and hit it longer and straighter, now have another game-changing driver, courtesy of COBRA Golf, to help improve their game.

Today COBRA announced the KING F6 Junior Driver (MAP $249), a junior version of the new KING F6. Available in Black with Orange accents, the Junior Driver is equipped with the same technology as the adult version including a dual position front-to-back CG system with 10-and 3-gram flip weights. With the heavier weight in the front CG position you’ll see a penetrating ball flight with less spin that delivers more roll for maximum distance; while the back CG weight position delivers a towering ball flight with added spin to create more carry and increased forgiveness. For an increased range of performance, the light 3-gram weight can be removed all together, offering a third option to maximize CG movement and spin differential.

Since kids grow very quickly, COBRA Golf is continuing to use the free shaft upgrade option in the KING F6 Junior Driver. Golfers can register their purchased driver on the cobragolf.com and receive one free upgrade to a longer, firmer shaft when needed.

The MyFly8 technology allows junior golfers to easily adjust their loft as their game and swing develop, helping them maximize distance, manage trajectory for different weather and course conditions and dial in the club to match their game. The Junior Driver can be adjusted to the following loft settings: 10.5° - 13.5° (std loft = 12°) and three draw settings: 11°, 12°, 13°.

The KING F6 Junior Driver then takes adjustability a step further with SmartPad, COBRA’s proprietary technology, which delivers a square face at address regardless of loft setting. This helps the junior golfer to align the ball directly down the fairway.

The Junior Driver is sold with a 39”, 41” or 43” Fujikura Fuel shaft. Below is a recommended fitting chart.

Typical Age8-910-1112-14
Typical Height45”-55”50”-60”55”-70”
Recommended Loft13.5°12.5°11.5°
Recommended Length39”41”43”

The KING F6 Junior Driver will be available at golf retailers on March 15, 2016 or at cobragolf.com. For more information on the entire KING family of products, visit cobragolf.com

mzb0T08pWcVFTMB9AtTvvPN3YCaoldHbxepHyOLpdDcs58-zYv4Xxqf5872CSYQxiSlLWg=w2502-h978

Having a son that likes to play it is nice to see a major OEM bring something like this to market.

This will be great for my grandson!!

My son needs this

Love what they do for Junior golfers with the free shaft upgrade.

I hope Cobra continues with this model/program moving forward. My daughter isn't quite at the level where her interest level would have me looking at this option (she is still in "full set" mode), but if she continues playing, I could see this as a next step, in a couple of seasons.

This cool and a decent idea in my book.

With my girls starting to at least take a minor liking to the game, who knows, maybe something like this would be in their future.

This is awesome. RF draws in many kids so Cobra seeing that and being able to serve that market is very smart.

My son would LOVE this! Is there more information on the shafts available in these? Curious to know the differences outside of length.

Very interesting. I just cringe that some day any future children I have will want a $250 driver. I can barely afford my own golf addiction.

My daughter played the FLY Z last year before switching to a VT Max , hopefully Cobra figured the shaft out a little better for the kids.

I think this is a very cool move.

Very cool, especially to see the one free shaft upgrade with it as they grow.

love that they are continuing this move.

Super cool:

Since kids grow very quickly, COBRA Golf is continuing to use the free shaft upgrade option in the KING F6 Junior Driver. Golfers can register their purchased driver on the cobragolf.com and receive one free upgrade to a longer, firmer shaft when needed.

My son just asked me if it's a made for shaft though. Kids these days.

3 cheers for Cobra! I love that they developed a tool for youth and that they developed the free upgrade program. That is awesome.

This entire concept just makes me smile! Hope CPG is rewarded for these efforts to grow the game!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Love this!

One more year and my daughter will fit into that smallest category!

Love seeing something like this. Add in the free no charge upgrade that is truly an upgrade, wow. If I had a kid, this would be option #1.

Super cool:

My son just asked me if it's a made for shaft though. Kids these days.

This is fantastic. Smart move from Cobra.

4fa5082e4714b376860118be170ebbdd.jpg

This is great and definitely good for the little ones that like playing the game.

While my son is still a little young to start investing heavily in clubs, I LOVE that Cobra is making gear specially designed for youngsters.

Back