Game Golf Live or something else

Mikej2

Reaction score
Handicap
Seeking opinions: Would you consider buying a used Game Golf Live setup if it appeared to be in good condition, or would you go a different direction if your budget was very tight currently?

I’ve got a range finder, and have used the Game Golf phone app for one round a couple years ago, but I’m coin flipping on buying the physical device which usually for me means to pass on it. I tried to set up a meeting with a local seller of a used Game Golf setup a few weeks ago but it fizzled out and he didn’t follow up, which also sometimes tells me to pass on the deal. I do kind of like the technology and use of the device based upon reviews here and elsewhere, but then it is getting a little dated and there may be better options this year. The local golf equipment stores near me don’t seem to carry it anymore, another reason to maybe pass on it.

Heads or Tails, what would you do? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

I had the original GG and I now use Arccos and find it very helpful. I switched because I got clubs with them in it.
Both systems have their strong points if GameGolf has auto shot like Arccos it's really a toss up. I did like how on GG you could start a Tour and compete with friends.

Goodluck

I used Game Golf for several years and I think it's a great product. In terms of matching a yardage to a club, it's perfect.

The only reason I'm on Arcoss these days is my irons came with it along with sensors for the rest of my clubs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Live version in less than $100 new. Not trying to be a jerk here, but if your budget is that tight, I'd suggest you pass on it.

If you go used, make sure to ask if all the tags still function properly. I dropped my putter one day pulling it out of the bag, butt end straight down to the cart path, and now that tag doesn't communicate any more.

I stopped at Dick’s on the way home and the more experienced guy behind the counter suggested using my rangefinder and free apps on the phone. The local used set is $50 or less. I do like the concept of tap&go and somewhat automatically tracking each club in actual play.

I’m going to sleep on it, it is going to be another month or three before I could use it on a course locally so no rush apart from the used set being posted for sale.

edit: looks like the local set just sold, so I guess that gives me more time to think about it. I do appreciate the input, thank you.

Last edited:
I have used the Game Golf Pro for about a year now, the product is pretty good for what it does. Notwithstanding that it tracks the distance for each club, the better stats are where you tend to hit it and where you tend to miss (beats tracking it manually after each shot in a paper book)

The review and post-game analysis is part of what interests me about it. When I use a pencil score card I’ve got all sorts of marks on it indicating what happened with each shot.

I've been using arccos for over 3 years and I love it.

It gives you a lot of useful stats and it provides you great info regarding your clubs usage.

The system has improved considerably since I've purchased my sensors... I rarely have to correct shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back