Have you ever hit this point in your golf life?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Seems someone had a bad day on the course...
a75c38d3d9e9725d375c89c79749eb4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wonder if he has a sweet set of p790s he'll let go of cheaply! :surrender:

Nope....never.

I’ll tell a story of golfing terror here when I have the time, lol!

FWIW I wear golf shoes every day. They’re meant to walk in and are comfy. I don’t wear ones with removable soft spikes, just the normal ones. I feel like spider man walking on most surfaces. They look mostly like dress shoes, but are infinitely more comfortable. So when I leave a well tractioned print in the snow, lots of time is has a “Callaway” or “Addidas” imprint under it. One other added bonus is they’re water resistant at a minimum. I can trudge through the stupid snow and not get wet feet. I don’t see why anyone that’s supposed to wear dress shoes for work and also golfs doesn't wear them to work. Pretty silly not to if you ask me.

Plus I never know when I’m going to play impromptu style so as long as I have a polo shirt in my car (I wasn’t a Boy Scout but as someone that’s always prepared for anything-including the zombie apocalypse, lol-trust me-I’m prepared) the clubs are always with me too. And a polo shirt. If I leave the house I’m either in dress clothes, and can put on a golf shirt, or am dressed for golf. I wore jeans once. They’re not as comfortable as golf/dress pants-which are one and the same so long as you stay short of the dry cleaning type.

I've thought about getting that low, but never found myself to follow through on it. There are DEFINITELY rounds where I question the fact that I pay to play this game...lol.

I think the real question is did you but them?

I've thought about getting that low, but never found myself to follow through on it. There are DEFINITELY rounds where I question the fact that I pay to play this game...lol.

I think the real question is did you but them?
No, Adidas is on my don't buy list.

No, Adidas is on my don't buy list.

Dang it. Anything else and I’d ask for a link and buy instantly. I’m not buying used shoes. Nope.

And why is Addidas on your “don’t buy” list? I don’t pay much attention to anything politics related, it mainly just makes me mad. Performance wise, my Addidas shoes are as good as any others, probably better than most actually. Educate this uneducated dummy.

Dang it. Anything else and I’d ask for a link and buy instantly. I’m not buying used shoes. Nope.

And why is Addidas on your “don’t buy” list? I don’t pay much attention to anything politics related, it mainly just makes me mad. Performance wise, my Addidas shoes are as good as any others, probably better than most actually. Educate this uneducated dummy.

Eh, it's not about education. I just can't fathom making myself look (even the slightest) like Sergio Garcia. Plus, thinking that any minute % of my purchase goes to pay him is enough to keep me away.

Eh, it's not about education. I just can't fathom making myself look (even the slightest) like Sergio Garcia. Plus, thinking that any minute % of my purchase goes to pay him is enough to keep me away.

Whew. If that’s all, ok. I thought there’d be some terrorist connection or similar, lol. I’ll never buy used golf shoes, but I will state the single pair of addidas golf shoes that I own are great. I’m nuertral on most pro golfers, Sergio is one of them. At his age his antics are a little silly, but I’m basically his age and could see me being a hot head like him. I’ve been upset a time or two playing for zip, so if he gets upset playing for a million or more, I can’t find fault. I’d never jack up greens for everyone else, but I suspect you felt the same way prior to that incident.

Ha, nope. I've never had that bad a day of golf

I hung it up the summer of 1983 after my senior year of high school. I was a bit frustrated with the game but mostly just more interested in beer, boating, and chasing girls at the time. I picked it up the next spring and have been loving the game ever since.

The picture got me to thinking how sweet it would be to wear 1 black shoe and 1 white shoe. I might have to look for some shoes on sale this winter and make this happen this golf season.

My low mental point ever in golf, granted it was influenced heavily with me going through a break-up with my first “love of my life” type girl. I’ve had many since but no longer care that much, lol.

So to preface, I was a + HC at that time. I never got upset on the course if I started out bad, but it used to fire me up to no end if I started hot and then crapped down my leg.

So I was playing a truly long course, I think it’s in the 7500 yard range tipped out, much longer than most in my area. And with the tech from back then, probably plays close to an 8k yard course now. I had a good front nine going and stepping on to the tee at the long par 5 9th, I was -2. I hit a decent drive, up the right side of the fairway but with almost 300 to go, with a water carry of 290 or so, there was no doubt I was laying up. So I laid up, again perfectly. I was in the 90 yard range-a nice smooth SW. I was 10 yards from the lakes edge and had to carry it 80 yards to clear it and get on the green.

I swing and hit an inch behind the ball and “splash!!” Dang it. Now I’m playing for a bogey and a -1 nine, which would still be a great nine. I drop from where I was. I swing and again I hit an inch behind the ball. “Splash!!”... “Spalsh”. The second splash was my sand wedge following the ball into the lake. Son of a... Now I’m fully triggered (I think I’m using that term right? My kids say it). I drop again. Now I’m hitting a half PW. Again I hit an inch behind the ball and again, “Splash!!”

Mother... of all things! This time I’m done, just done. I grab my entire bag off the push cart and storm down to the edge of the lake and give it a gigantic twirly toss! Then a funny (now) thing happened. The shoulder strap of the bag snagged on my shoulder and I ended up flying face first into the lake with the bag still attached to me. I sat in the edge of the lake half sobbing, half laughing. No doubt blowing water out of my nose.

So what did I learn? Well, I’m not good enough to get that upset over golf. I probably wouldn’t have except I wasn’t in a good place mentally anyways. Im also not rich enough to throw clubs into a lake. That’s the last one I’ve truly tossed in anger. I’m also very grateful that my entire bag didn’t go in. I may never have picked up another club again as I might not have been able to afford it until a couple years ago. I played the next 20ish years with 10 clubs. Driver, 3-PW, and putter. I had a 3w that broke on me at some point around then and I could hit my 3i well enough I didn’t feel it was a worthy investment to replace it.

So that was the low point of my golf career. Funny that I was a much better golfer with 10 clubs for a very long time than I am now with 14. Of course my PW was likely close to 50* with lofts the way they were back then, but I could hit every wedge shot from a bump and run through a flop.

The picture got me to thinking how sweet it would be to wear 1 black shoe and 1 white shoe. I might have to look for some shoes on sale this winter and make this happen this golf season.

Cameron Champ did that at a tournament at a tournament a few weeks ago.

Cameron Champ did that at a tournament at a tournament a few weeks ago.

A day late and a dollar short....story of my life!

Not yet....but getting close lol

Nah, hasn't ever. Couldn't ever. Not out of frustration or anger at least. But at the rate I'm going, injury just may do it someday.

Even during very down times, golf has always been an escape for me.

I don't "need" it... but I do.

My worst day on the course is still better than one of my 14 hour workdays.

Back