Cobra KING F6 Irons Review & Interview

Pretty damn filthy dude. First round out was today actually.

And...... :alien:

That's awesome, love my DGPros and I enjoyed hitting these with the stock shafts, the combination excites me.

And...... :alien:

That's awesome, love my DGPros and I enjoyed hitting these with the stock shafts, the combination excites me.
I'll get into it some tomorrow, I prefer this setup to the Tour FLTD one for a couple reasons. Baby duty tonight though has me mobile at the moment.

As my wife becomes more comfortable with these we are starting to see some distance creeping into her game. Yesterday the Par 3 17th hole was to a semi island green, the left side was the safe side. From the front tees it was a 110 carry over the water with the pin 120 yards. A couple of weeks ago that would have been a 5 hybrid. Yesterday she pulled her 8 iron put a nice smooth swing on it and landed pin high left of the green. Picked her tee up and just laughed and said "I should have aimed at the pin not the left side". The ball was sat down in some fluffy semi rough, she took her sand wedge and chipped on with the ball checking up nicely to set up a par putt.

She has started using the Gap wedge and Sand wedge arounds the greens and for short approach shots. One big difference I am seeing compared to her AMP cells is the amount the ball is checking up. She use's Pinnacle gold balls. With the AMP Cells she'd play a chip shot hit the greens and 8/10 times run through with no check up. The last couple of rounds the ball is now hitting the green bouncing and checking up with a whole lot less run. When she pitches it in higher from further out the ball lands and is starting to hop and stop, again a vast difference to her previous set. I am really enjoying seeing the difference in the two sets.

I want to Cavet my post with the fact I spent 2-3 weeks working on my Driver swing and completely crapped my iron swing somehow. It is not the fault of these irons at all, hopefully it will get straightened out and I can make some gains with these sticks. 81 ain't awful for this guy anymore......

How do these guys stack up to the Srixon Z545 irons? Head size similar? Flight, launch comparable? Forgiveness? Distance?
These are longer from heel to toe and have a touch more offset and the topline might seem a touch larger to most. However, for a GI setup they will surprise many imo at address.

They launch higher, spin less, and offer more forgiveness though thanks to the progressive nature of the designs through the set.

These are also the longest irons I have hit, FWIW. Naturally, distance is the hardest thing to touch on for the individual as it depends on several things. That said, the launch, ball speed, and spin are all at really really good levels.

How do these guys stack up to the Srixon Z545 irons? Head size similar? Flight, launch comparable? Forgiveness? Distance?

In the stock setup, from a feel standpoint, there's a big difference. The 545 are a heavy feeling club - both in total weight with the DG shafts in there vs. the FST flighted shafts, and swingweight at D3 vs. D1 in the Cobras. I would say the F6 are the more forgiving club of the two, especially in the long irons.

I've been living with the Half Hollow 6i with stiff FST Flighted shaft for the past week. Hitting it on the driving range about four different outings. I'm really liking it. Shaft has a nice feel and is not harsh. I'd say close to KBS feel but not quite in that realm. I'm a 18 handicap now, so my swing is rough around the edges. But I'm able to find the relative center of the club face pretty easily with these. The ball has a good trajectory and goes fairly high and pretty dang far. I'm seeing about ten yards farther when I hit the sweet spot, but off center hits go pretty straight. Haven't been out on the course yet, and haven't hit anything but range balls. So the real deal is yet to happen. But so far, really impressed.

The club started to feel very comfortable to me after just maybe a dozen or so balls. So these really are a contender. I wish I had access to a fitting cart with LH options. The FST shaft felt pretty darn good, but I'm thinking Recoil, DG Pro, and some of the KBS shafts. So many options with these heads. I may need to take a drive to Carlsbad and get fit by factory reps.

I think we should pick a couple of Albatross Club Members to review these as well as Jman. Its a really intriguing set.

I think we should pick a couple of Albatross Club Members to review these as well as Jman. Its a really intriguing set.

Am I reading this correctly??? I've been drooling over these since Jman released his review! Yesssssss

Fabulous opportunity for some lucky THPers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great idea.

I'm game.

They're ready to rock. Forum testing time!

Sounds like a good idea to me

Sounds like a good idea to me

They have you to thank for it.
Our time with CPG and mentioning the unique set and they asked 441 to review them and have another forum member join in.

Well then i can get down with that. Looking forward to giving these a run thanks for the opportunity

They have you to thank for it.
Our time with CPG and mentioning the unique set and they asked 441 to review them and have another forum member join in.
Can't wait to see who the lucky forum member is. Should be fun.

Awesome oppertunity for a lucky THPer, such an interesting set.

Sweet a little 441 testing and another lucky THPer.

I seriously am excited about this, we should be able to provide a pretty awesome thread as these are maybe the most unique irons on the market.

Well then i can get down with that. Looking forward to giving these a run thanks for the opportunity

Can't wait to see what you think of them. Hope I can be lucky enough to test them with you.

Would love to give these a try. Cobra has a place in my heart when it comes to clubs

Oh man. Love the idea jb that would be an incredible opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The King approves of this decision!

Great opportunity!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I've had the demo 6 iron in my bag for a month now. FST steel flighted in stiff flex. My swing speed is 75mph now with a 6 iron and that shaft works great for me. I'm still playing my TM R11 irons but I really prefer the F6 to them. Shafts are totally different with kbs 90 reg. flex in the TM irons.

The f6 is very friendly. It looks great at setup, the turf interaction is good, even out of the rough, and shots are nice and long. Really impressed.

Back