JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of Bespoke companies are out there that offer craftsmanship, fitting, etc. what are your thoughts on these Avian 335 irons?

8a2faee87b0fad4b402fe8f4f4b46af9.jpg

I like it asthetically, but my goodness, it looks like you’d better be a great ball striker.

That’s falling a bit flat for me based on that image. Maybe in person would be different.

I'm a fan. It's kind of a simple design with a modern touch to it and I like the logo.

Very nice, simple and classy at the same time

Pretty.

As a MB should be.

There needs to be some serious tech hidden inside or its art for me. I am a sucker for anything milled so the aesthetics look fine to me.

not bad, but doesn't wow me.

I like the looks. Doesn't look like it would be forgiving at all.

I like the look, but I could die, be reincarnated as a pro and still not have the skill to hit it.

They look good. Not great. Knowing what some of these bespoke makes are charging, if the price is up there, these wouldn't do it for me.

I'd game them...certainly not the norm but would give them a shot.

Love the look but they appear to out of my skill level!!

Looks like $1,400-2,400 for a set, depending on shafts.

Looks great but looks too demanding for my skill level.

i was actually looking at these guys last week. they have other clubs in their line that speak to me more than these. definitely out of my price range, but i do think they look good. but like so many that are popping up, it's very blank-y and the golden age of tech improvements, the blank space falls pretty flat for me when it comes to deciding whether to put something in my bag.

i was actually looking at these guys last week. they have other clubs in their line that speak to me more than these. definitely out of my price range, but i do think they look good. but like so many that are popping up, it's very blank-y and the golden age of tech improvements, the blank space falls pretty flat for me when it comes to deciding whether to put something in my bag.

It's interesting you say that. These were sent to me via email and the question that came with them are "Are they blanks".
I would say no, but they are near net I bet, probably just a couple of stages away. That is a tough pill to swallow at the price point, but we have seen others that have been loved on the forum that are similar in terms of manufacturing, so maybe thats not a bad thing.

They look good.
They look impossible for my game.

If your current irons have a dime sized wear spot on them, you may like them. My current irons have a dollar bill sized wear spot on them so it’s an easy pass for me. I get my monies worth by using the entire club, which is why I don’t mount dimes at varies angle on a KBS shaft.

I’m not even sure I’m in love with them aesthetically. I do love some sexy looking irons, but these don’t really tug at my heart. They’re just ok in that department for me.

I like the design of the Avian name, that's about it.

I did their online fitting about 2 months ago to see what they recommended I use. They claim that they fit you to you clubs based on your wight, height, arm length, etc to ensure tat you have the correct posture when playing. They feel that's the place to start and not just have you hit balls and just sell you standard clubs that may just be bent upright or down. They test every shaft so that it fits into the set the build for you and pure (i think that's the term) every one of them. It sounds to me that their attention to detail is very important to them. They have different club styles ranging from blades (the 335 line) to their player irons (the 530 line) and a forgiving iron (the 735 line). All 3 models are forged. There is also their Redbird Irons (725 model which has a milled face and grooves). I listened to a Podcast where they interviewed the owner and he seemed like a knowledgeable, caring guy.

The set I was fitted into (Avian 530) with premium Shimada shafts (3-PW) would run me about $2000. They could also be ordered with KBS shafts for $1600. Other shaft options included Aerotech Steel Fiber and Oban CT 155 which carried a price tag of $2080. My recommended 6 iron length was 37.5" with a 61.5 lie angle.

They also have their own line of drivers, woods, hybrids, wedges, and putter.

They fall flat for me. Like mentioned above, my first thought was “blank”. So I wasn’t far off...I just feel like I could get more for my money. Aesthetically anyway, not much tech in a bladed iron, so it very well could be the apple of someone else’s eye.

Those are way out of my skill level and aren’t pretty enough for me to be interested. Definitely fall flat for me.

these would have been crazy in the 845 and Eye2 and King Cobra days

They don’t do it for me at all. I prefer the classic look of something like the Wilson Staff FG Tour 100’s.

Back