THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

The banter has definitely become fun in here the last few days.

Got some practice on a sim today. Didn't play a round, just hit for about 30 minutes. Really looking forward to the nice weather next week.

Me too brother. Me too. Can't wait for next week. Some range time, some putting. Can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do want to say thanks to everyone on the forum that is coming in, having a good time and participating in this thread and throwing their support behind a team.

I think I speak for both regions when I say we all appreciate it and it's a little extra motivation to make sure we represent each side the best we can.
Couldn't agree more Alex, very well said buddy.

NE Maddog and I are coming for you!

fb48dc2e3e75a02a040633ac60025ccc.jpg

Can't wait! Seriously - can't wait! I miss you my dude!

Me too buddy!! We will meet up for sure for some rounds before and after RR we're too close not too!!

92cdf8a0920cbd387913d8c338cfc719.jpg

Just showing some skills here, not practicing, mind you....showing off to NE.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Team NY/NJ June 25th 2016
c8a6806913c71d115d072433fc68eb14.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Team NY/NJ June 25th 2016
c8a6806913c71d115d072433fc68eb14.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's right..we look good (we have Jimmy, obviously) and carry each other to victory!

92cdf8a0920cbd387913d8c338cfc719.jpg

Just showing some skills here, not practicing, mind you....showing off to NE.

Not that they're really going to understand what any of that means anyway. But to place even more fear in them I'll also show them how strong of a pinch hitting bench we have. Ican basically make the ball move at will :)
Now don't get scared New Englanders, but here is my graph displaying that awesome strength of mine should I be called upon.

lines_zpsjuxtwdbm.png

Last edited:
Not that they're really going to understand what any of that means anyway. But to place even more fear in them I'll also show them how strong of a pinch hitting bench we have. Ican basically make the ball move at will :)
Now don't get scared New Englanders, but here is my graph displaying that awesome strength of mine should I be called upon.

lines_zpsjuxtwdbm.png

Hahahahaha I thought this was hysterical

I was envious of the New England guys that got to go out on the course, so I went to the range to hit a couple buckets of balls.

Ended up being three, because I ended up shanking half of the first bucket. Still getting used to the new irons, this was only the second time out. By the end of the session I was confident hitting any of the irons from 5 to gap wedge. They're a little lighter than their predecessors were, so there might be some lead tape in the future. But, I think once I get settled in this is going to be good - I especially liked what I saw from the long irons.

I was able to get in a bucket today as well. I was slightly pushing my irons. I think it's more of a setup issue rather than a swing issue. Back to the basic's alignment , posture and grip

I was able to get in a bucket today as well. I was slightly pushing my irons. I think it's more of a setup issue rather than a swing issue. Back to the basic's alignment , posture and grip

I think it's a combination of setup and just a different feeling iron for me. A bit more offset than what I was coming from before so setup feels different, and a lighter overall feel. Well struck balls were as good if not better than anything I've ever hit though.

Some pretty good chatter about this event and especially the course while playing today.

With the majority of courses slated to open next weekend and the days getting longer, dates slipping off of the calendar. This is getting very REAL.

I have a lot to work on to make my game ready, but I have a great Captain and first class teammates to lean on so it will happen and on June 25 some funtastic golf will be played.

Some pretty good chatter about this event and especially the course while playing today.

With the majority of courses slated to open next weekend and the days getting longer, dates slipping off of the calendar. This is getting very REAL.

I have a lot to work on to make my game ready, but I have a great Captain and first class teammates to lean on so it will happen and on June 25 some funtastic golf will be played.

Time is going to fly by and this will be here before you know it. I have a few days of decent weather coming up so I'll be hitting up the driving range tomorrow and looking to atleast play 9 on tuesday.

Lots of golf to be played between now and June 25th, hopefully the swing hits the ground running out of winter!

First round of the year outside tomorrow...only thought I will have...." hey NE....I am gunning for you"....let's get ready to ruuuuummmmmble

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Getting out Wednesday, probably only for 9 somewhere, but can't wait to get out there again. Also up for a round Saturday - if any of the New England (or New York, I guess.......) guys want to get out.

Getting out Wednesday, probably only for 9 somewhere, but can't wait to get out there again. Also up for a round Saturday - if any of the New England (or New York, I guess.......) guys want to get out.

I can't get out at all this week for even a quick 9, but I'm definitely hitting the range a few times. Hoping the weather stays good so I can start hitting a Par 3 that's near my office soon so I can get in some on-course practice. I definitely need some bunker work.

Courses in Maine are opening their week! We can't be far behind!

Back