Sun Mountain Teton Golf Bag

MonroeBob1955

Reaction score
Handicap
A little background. Most of the time I ride carts when I play. Occasionally I use my push cart and even more seldom I walk. I’ve had my C130 for ten years and it’s showing it’s age. Plastic tips on the zipper pulls breaking off. And at 63, I find it quite heavy when loaded. So I was looking for a replacement. I wanted a smaller overall bag as it rides in the front seat of my Boxster and the C130 is a very tight squeeze fitting into the footwell.
f5d8ba4eccc6701985e773e220b72054.jpg

d848384b0162c3c7b87cb571e64ff93f.jpg

The Teton weighs in at just five pounds. Nearly half of the C130. It also has seven pockets as opposed to 10 on my old bag. It has 14 way Top with full length dividers.

7e4f58de201bdd665ebe08ac76cabe8f.jpg

The Teton easily holds all my gear I usually carry. Garment pocket easily holds my raingear, stocking cap, and sweater. The range finder pocket up top is convenient and lifts to route the cart strap underneath. Ball pocket is quite large and swallows a couple dozen balls with room for a couple dozen more. I’ve easily taken all my gear normally stored in the C130 and stored into the Teton.

The only negatives I can find at this point is there is no lower handle to grab when lifting the bag into a trunk. Also the the black molded base is completely flat and as such the bag is not as rock solid stable as my C130 with raise tabs around the base that keep it rock solid when standing on its own. In my opinion, it may warp from heat and age, and then have a tendency to fall over.

172338df75e441a1a97ba743d07cd724.jpg

So in conclusion, I find the Teton does fit the bill for what I was looking for in a cart bag. It is light, it holds all my gear, I’d have no problem hauling it to a cart, pushing it on my cart, and it fits into little MLC car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks that is a nice review.

Very nice review. I also love how you subtlety showed off those beautiful Mizunos.

Thank you. And yes, I really love them.

Nice review. Sounds like a solid bag.

Great review and I love the color scheme! I need a new bag that works mostly with a push cart and occasionally a golf cart.

Nice review, looks very similar to the SM Sync bag I just bought. I like it as well.
9bac06fd1788e2468184abf33e713432.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thats a good looking bag. I like 14 way dividers. Is there a handle on the strap side of the bag towards the top? That is what I would use to lift it into a car trunk. Thanks.

Last edited:
I like the Sync. It looks like the head is flatter so clubs fit better reversed for riding on a push cart. Nice setup by the way.

Nice review! Always love the SM bags.

Slick bag man and great review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx for the review!

Having owned SM bags for almost 20 yrs, bottom warping is not an issue.

Glad to hear bottom warping not an issue. My older SM bags never had an issue here, but also read where newer bags not the quality of the older ones.
I’ve been very happy getting ten years plus from my C130 and 4.5LS. I find it rather amusing where I read people liking a bag and claim it lasted a couple years before they got a new one. If that were me, I’d consider the bag a POS.

I’ve been very happy getting ten years plus from my C130 and 4.5LS. I find it rather amusing where I read people liking a bag and claim it lasted a couple years before they got a new one. If that were me, I’d consider the bag a POS.

I had a Nike Performance cart bag (the first iteration). Absolutely loved it. I had it close to ten years. Red, with plenty of pockets, 14 full-length dividers, plus an external putter tube on the right side. Why don't bag makers put the putter tube on the true exterior any more? It was so convenient! Literally the only thing I didn't like about the bag was the black trim (I wanted it to be navy blue). I only got rid of it because it was terribly threadbare, faded, and the dividers had started to tear and would grab the clubs' grips.

Glad to hear bottom warping not an issue. My older SM bags never had an issue here, but also read where newer bags not the quality of the older ones.

I can only tell you that I've had about 6 SM bags in the last 4 yrs - I keep a liteweight 2.5, a 4.5 HUG and H2NO Lite - haven't had quality issues although I would like some added features. The only issue I had since 2013 was the stand mechanism on an old 3.5 - lost a screw and they sent me a replacement foot.

I go by the old saying that the lighter the bag, the less durable it will be - in the interests of keeping it light.

Does that sync cart still have the v-notch to lock into the sun mountain micro cart?

Nice review, looks very similar to the SM Sync bag I just bought. I like it as well.
9bac06fd1788e2468184abf33e713432.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does that sync cart still have the v-notch to lock into the sun mountain micro cart?

Hi, is this bag still treating you well? I just got the same bag from Costco (they market this Teton bag as a Pebble Beach cart bag, just different colors). My main gripe is the flat bottom with the 16 holes in it. I think Teton is exactly the same and wanted to see if any issues. Oddly, the Sync, H2NO, and Maverick bag of SM's have the same molded base, but they have 4 little feet and plugs for those holes. Thanks!

Back