Michigan hackers, check in here

It's quit raining here, I think I'm going to try and play 9 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of you guys been to Leading Edge Golf in Okemos? They popped up on my twitter feed. I had never of it before then. Website looks pretty good. For anyone that has been how does it to Carl's or Miles?

I was in Okemos today, so I stopped by. To call this a golf shop is a stretch. I'd say it's a fitting studio with a very small store front. Maybe 20 putters, 5-7 iron sets, a couple woods, and some soft goods like bags and polos.

I was in Okemos today, so I stopped by. To call this a golf shop is a stretch. I'd say it's a fitting studio with a very small store front. Maybe 20 putters, 5-7 iron sets, a couple woods, and some soft goods like bags and polos.
I just can't see them making it with Carl's and Miles within driving distance from there.

I just can't see them making it with Carl's and Miles within driving distance from there.

I'd drive right pass this place to get to miles or Carl's. Shoot I have Maple Hill in my back yard and they have really made big strides in the last couple years.

I have to come on here to vent a bit about mother nature. It is snowing in Mt. Pleasant again today, it's APRIL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I should have 3-6 rounds in by now and I only have 9 holes (which I played in the 2nd week in March). Our league starts in 2.5 weeks and there is snow on the ground, it's below freezing, and there's no end in sight. Come on Spring, make an appearance for good!

I have to come on here to vent a bit about mother nature. It is snowing in Mt. Pleasant again today, it's APRIL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I should have 3-6 rounds in by now and I only have 9 holes (which I played in the 2nd week in March). Our league starts in 2.5 weeks and there is snow on the ground, it's below freezing, and there's no end in sight. Come on Spring, make an appearance for good!
Feel you sir!! From Auburn. I've got the itch so daggone bad that I am literally entertaining a round tomorrow... Lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm ready for spring weather as well!

I believe I have 10 rounds in this year. I'm not saying they were all spectacular weather but I was able to get out.

I'm at 27 holes..... Weather will come around. It always does.

I'm stuck at 45 holes due to this lovely weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 holes for me as well and a few sim sessions in there, was hoping to be double that already.

We got about 8-9 inches yesterday here in Alpena, schools were closed today because of the ice and snow. There isn't a course within a hundred miles of here that is open. My new King F6s showed up about 3 weeks ago and all they have done is look pretty good in my bag. It seems we can only make it a day or two around here without snow on the ground before getting more. Screw spring, I wish summer would get here already.

I have only played 18 holes this year, actually since October! I can't wait for the good weather to get here!!!

We got about 8-9 inches yesterday here in Alpena, schools were closed today because of the ice and snow. There isn't a course within a hundred miles of here that is open. My new King F6s showed up about 3 weeks ago and all they have done is look pretty good in my bag. It seems we can only make it a day or two around here without snow on the ground before getting more. Screw spring, I wish summer would get here already.
Crazy, we got about 4 inches yesterday and its all melted off already. make the drive down, we have a few courses open around me. Green Hills in Pinconning is open. Its about 2 hours from you but its open and they already have carts out.

If you are gonna drive down don't go there.. Hit bay valley or maple leaf. Green hills is junk.

If you are gonna drive down don't go there.. Hit bay valley or maple leaf. Green hills is junk.

I haven't played green hills before, but at this time of year I don't think it really matters how good of a course your playing, as long as you can get out and get some of the winter rust off!

But are either of them open? I know maple leaf closed back down after we got snow again. Didn't know if they opened back up yet.

Hopefully in the next week or two I will get a chance and get out to play a few holes, it just sucks having to drive 2 hours or so to play golf when I get a membership at one 2 miles from my house.

Hopefully in the next week or two I will get a chance and get out to play a few holes, it just sucks having to drive 2 hours or so to play golf when I get a membership at one 2 miles from my house.

Quite a bit open in the GR area!

Lol I wouldn't say Green hills is junk, it a local cheap muni course, it's owned by the same people that own the Dream and the Nightmare. They really don't put a lot of money or effort into the course.

I would recommend if you make the drive down to try and get on another course.... But hey if nothing else is open and you are in town, Green Hills and Spring Valley are always 2 courses that are usually open to swing a club

But are either of them open? I know maple leaf closed back down after we got snow again. Didn't know if they opened back up yet.

If the snow melts and it stays melted I'd bet The Leaf would be open on Sunday for walking

OK I will retract my previous statement. "Junk" was a bit much when it's about the only option, beside the Davey Special...

Now we have a winter weather advisory for 3-6 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. It is not supposed to get out of the 40's until the end of next week. This is getting depressing! :bad:

Now we have a winter weather advisory for 3-6 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. It is not supposed to get out of the 40's until the end of next week. This is getting depressing! :bad:

Don't worry... Bucks Run will be in great shape come May!.....:act-up:

Bucks Run is always in great shape, and the best part is knowing guys that work there and playing it for $15!

Back