The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed my smart #TeamNE teammate OITW's advice and went to the range today after my poor session last week. I have a lesson later this week (my first of 2016) but wanted to hit some balls and erase the memory of the last session.

Today I just concentrated on weight shift and going what felt like 9-3 with only my 7i and 9i, hitting no more than 5 balls with each. I hit some amazing towering shots, which aren't the norm for me as I struggle with lower height. I also hit some absolute stinkers, but none of the wipey fades that plagued my last round. Seems like whenever I remind myself not to kill the ball, I have a slower swing speed and to just accept it, I hit these beautiful shots. Even hit some draws today! But when I go into kill mode, forget it. Worm burners.

Looking forward to having some eyes on me later this week and some help on rounding my own game into form this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent about 45 mins on the range during lunch. Worked on the items from my lesson last week. Had a better session overall than yesterday. Still getting used to the changes and the feel but when I stayed within myself had really positive results.

Hit the top end of my bag, working on a swing change that I have not practiced enough.
Got the long irons grooved pretty well, a few thin shots (the expected miss), so all is good.
3h - really starting to love this club (Ping I25) - straight, moves a little if I want it to, gets out around 215 consistently.
3w - straight, long, what more can you ask for?
Driver - I had a couple of blocks right, a few overcooked draws, but overall very pleased. It is amazing that I can start the ball on the line I want to, and have it stay in play!!

Chipping - really a trouble spot for me currently - just not consistent enough, even though I practice a lot. Lesson helps, just need to practice.

Putting - getting better distance control on putts of more than 8 feet.

Worked on that bucket drill again tonight trying to swing more on plane and not below it. I'm also ficusing on keeping the lower body quiet in the backswing. I was pleased with the straight to slight fade ball flight with the irons. Driver is a struggle and that's where the two way miss is still happening. At the end I did some simulation golf and played 9 holes which went well. Looking forward to getting back out there Thursday night.

Went to the range with my wife this morning. She has only swung a club a few times and I was impressed with her skills. She piped a couple 150 yard drives with my 815. She also uttered the words, "if I want to do this more I'll take lessons." Couldn't be more proud and hope that she does join me more in the future.

As for me, I've been striking the ball well lately. Hit everything pretty solid and am happy with where things are at.

Great range session today. Driver still going straight as an arrow. Focused on hybrids today on the range and I am liking my ball flight. Did some short game, and putting as well. Liking the feel of the NC GM2 Exchange with the Lamkin Sink grip. That thing is so money ...

had a good indoor practice session. made some progress on swing change for swinging more inside and less OTT. my practice swings with no ball are great path, but adding the ball makes me naturally try to kill it and I fire the hands/arms too much. I did better today though.
smooth, easy tempo seems to help.

Got a solid range session in today and something I felt like I got away from last year.

Worked through the bag and spent a lot of time with the driver. I put the HZRDUS black shaft in and I want to spend a good amount of time with it. Absolutely loved what I saw with the HZRDUS and it will be staying in the bag.

Spent the last 30 minutes aiming at short game targets on the range.

33b2f181c6420273c4514da1697151cb.jpg

Man I struggled last time out, so I hit the range with the goal to get back to basics from my lesson work last season. Starting with grip, posture, alignment. I notice I had gotten a bit narrow in my stance,but that only helped with turning the corner with my left front pocket. I was striking the ball dangerously close to the hosel. So I knew swing path was a little off. Grabbed my driver and anchored it to my stomach, 3 take always, and I would grab my 5 iron and hit a ball. Rinse and repeat till I started flushing it. Felt good to get that sorted out. More drill will happen next time out.

finished my practice session with hitting PW -LW. I will #Own125 bank on that!

Hit the range tonight - cold, and very windy. Devoted nearly all my time to 125 and in - a lot 50 - 75. Feeling good about this part of my game, but it can always get sharper. Hoping it gets warm soon and stays that way-but I'll be out there regardless!

Hit the range tonight - cold, and very windy. Devoted nearly all my time to 125 and in - a lot 50 - 75. Feeling good about this part of my game, but it can always get sharper. Hoping it gets warm soon and stays that way-but I'll be out there regardless!

Man I wish you did this any other day than Wednesday's......I've got thing on Wednesdays that keep me down in Virginia late and typically don't get home till 8:30

Man I wish you did this any other day than Wednesday's......I've got thing on Wednesdays that keep me down in Virginia late and typically don't get home till 8:30

I can probably work something out! Right now, I am sick for the first time in 10+ years - really sucks!

Just got back from the range. Started with my PW and worked my way up through the even number clubs. Last week I struggled with tempo so I slowed my backswing down and tried to pause at the top. Seems to have help, I got back to hitting my irons fairly well and it carried over to my driver. I'm going back tomorrow and then play 18 Sunday. I need to remember...tempo, tempo, tempo!

Hit a large bucket at the dome today. Irons and wedges were really, really good and consistent for me. Worked on gripping the club lighter and I liked what I saw...until I got to the Driver. It was a tire fire. I felt uncomfortable right at address. Did not hit one good ball. Gotta figure that out asap.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Great range session today. The tee spots were up more than usual so I ended being 54 yards from the closest hole. This gave me a great opportunity to practice my 58*. Spent most of the time working on the 58*, 9i and 6i.

Spent the afternoon working on my lag putting. The greens were slow but hopefully it will pay off in the future!

So I took a couple videos at the dome today. I felt like I was hitting the irons great. I looked at the video and wow was I ever coming OTT but the results were great, straight with maybe a slight fade. I'm tempted to stop fighting it and just go with the power cut.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Got new hybrids... Mizuno 3, 4, 5, and installed JumboMax M grips. Worked with them through 2 lg buckets. Having mixed feeling about them. Thinking I prefer irons and old style fairway woods. Going to work with both next week.

12828437_10153623002638401_5038963815772241814_o.jpg

Got a SIM round in tonight with six4three5, played well but Jimmy numbers got me by 2 strokes the first nine and 2 strokes the second nine, he played very well.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Had a mostly solid session in the dome. New CFs were very good, thru the set. Wedges were so-so. Another outing where the driver and 3 wood didn't feel right, and it showed in the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Continued working out some kinks with my non-driver swing through the bag.

I'm also working on straightening out the new Heavenwood. Once I get that consistent and out on a course with real balls I should be able to figure out where its going to fit in at the top of the bag.

Played golf in 36 degree temperatures and played very well considering the weather. Just need to keep it up!

Had first outdoor range session of year after 5 indoor lessons and practice. Was pleased with iron ball striking which has been lesson focus. Good to be out hitting turf and feeling that vs mats and seeing ball flight. Driver wasn't great but we haven't worked on that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back