greenside bunker - what loft wedge do you use most often?

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
just curious - I guess over time I got into the habit of always pulling the 56*. But twice in the past couple of weeks I had odd lies that I thought my 60* was better suited for, and it worked great.

Real great, actually. Great enough that I went to the practice bunker yesterday and hit about 30 balls with each club and I was better with the 60. One thing about my bunker play, I have always been told
that I don't open the face enough so maybe the 60 corrects that a bit?

Anyway it got me to wondering what works best for you.

Thank you.

Depends where I am in the bunker. Most times the 54° but if I am close to the lip then the 58°

I will use either my 56 or 60 depending on the situation and lie. My 56 has a bit more bounce so when I feel I need the additional help I automatically head for it.

I usually carry just as high as a 54° wedge, but I have been making myself use my Sure Out wedge (58°) more often than not.

Was 54 last few years but now that I have a 58 I’ll probbaly aim for using that unless it’s really far.

58*

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Depends on the situation, but the courses I play the most require some height to get out of the bunkers. I normally use my LW

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Close pin - 60*
Mid or far pin - 58*
Open face about 20* for both. But I'm a wedge ho and carry 5 wedges.

More times than not, I’ll pull my 60 but if I’m not concerned with height and looking for roll out I’ll grab my 54.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The courses I usually play have hard bunkers with little sand, so a low-bounce wedge is the best bet. My low-bounce wedge is my 60*, so it gets used most. When playing courses with good sand in the bunkers I use my mid-bounce 56* more.

I went to a 50/54/58 setup last year so it's usually my 54 in a greenside bunker.

54 cbx if it’s normal bunker 60 rtx. if it’s elevated green or a lip I have to clear. May switch to a 58 cbx this year though

58* W grind is straight $$$

Dude.. it's like you know my body.

hahaha, dude where's my car reference.

It's been so long since I've seen that movie, I probably wouldn't have caught that if you didn't mention it haha

Greenside bunker? 58 always always.

Add 20+ yards? I'll throw in the 54.

Same, except it's a 60 instead of 58 for me.

1972 Ben Hogan Special SW, 56*.

Always my 60*

55* sand wedge. That’s the highest loft wedge I carry although I do own a 60* wedge too.

Greenside bunker? Generally my 56-degree Vokey with 8-degrees of bounce and an M grind. It's my most lofted club and I can open it up, move it forward or back, and cut across it more or less to execute a variety of shots. If the shot is longer than usual, I'll pull one of the other wedges.

60* unless it needs to go 15+ metres. Then I’d grab my 56.

Starting to use my 60*. I love the Hi-Toe. It's the first lob wedge I have enjoyed using.

Back