How do you typically make your score?

RNG

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, how many pars, birdies, bogeys and dreaded others do you make in one of your typical rounds?

As a 10 handicap (par 72) mine goes:

8 pars, 9 bogeys, 1 birdie Obviously sometimes it varies but this is fairly typical for me!

How about you?

Last edited:
Which do you make on the 19th hole? haha

My average round is probably 3 birdies, 1 double bogey, 6 bogeys and 8 pars.

Last edited:
Small mathematical error corrected! My apologies!

I normally have a couple of birdies and a couple of bogey's along the way.

Home course, 6 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 doubles and 2 triples. Usually have a few holes that could have been a lot better, but for whatever reason (usually head up the butt) turn to crap.

On new courses, whatever it takes to add up to around 100. Give or take 10 shots either way!

Which do you make on the 19th hole? haha

My average round is probably 3 birdies, 1 double bogey, 4 bogeys and 10 pars.

That 3 over par average would make you about a 1 index. Maybe that is an above average round for you? I'm a scratch and my average score the last 20 rounds is 73.5. My typical round is 3 birdies and 4-5 bogies.

4 to 5 birdies 2 or 3 bogies and the rest pars. It will vary of course but that is what I would say is typical.

That 3 over par average would make you about a 1 index. Maybe that is an above average round for you? I'm a scratch and my average score the last 20 rounds is 73.5. My typical round is 3 birdies and 4-5 bogies.

I screwed up the math too! lol Take away 2 pars and add 2 bogeys. My year round average score is about a 77 on a course with a rating of 70.

Typically?

To end the year it was pretty much 10 pars, 2 doubles, 5 bogies, and a birdie on average.

Mine would probably be 1 or 2 birdies, 5 bogeys, a double and the rest pars

Home course, 6 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 doubles and 2 triples. Usually have a few holes that could have been a lot better, but for whatever reason (usually head up the butt) turn to crap.

Pretty close to the same here. Somewhere between 4-8 pars combined with some combination of 2-4 doubles or triples. I sneak a bird in about every other round. The rest are bogeys.

Maybe a birdie, or a par. couple of bogeys. Lots of doubles and 1-3 ESCs.

Typically...

2 triples... 5 doubles... 5 bogies... 5 pars... 1 birdie.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

2-3 birdies, 9-10 pars, 4-5 bogeys and just under 1 double or worse

2 birds, 2 doubles, 8 bogeys, 6 pars.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Pars and bogeys, a double or two toss in a triple or quad to ruin the round , if I'm lucky maybe a birdie

A bunch of birdies with an occasional eagle. Scattering of bogeys hopefully not enough to offset the birdies. Then some pars sprinkled about.

Pars and bogeys, a double or two toss in a triple or quad to ruin the round , if I'm lucky maybe a birdie

yea, I'm hearing you there. I am far too erratic and feast/famine player. Actually good for match play..lol

I can go birdiless for several rounds and yet have 2 in one round or get one in several rounds in a row. Can have 9 pars or just 2 pars. Can play a steady bogey golf and yet also play with extreme highs and lows where I'll have 2 birdies, a bunch of pars but combine then with triples and quads or even worse in between like nobodies business. I once had 6 pars and 2 birdies and still managed a 103...lol I mean you cant make this s#!t up. Or how about going- par, trip, par, trip, par, trip through first 6..lol
How about being plus 3 through 10 holes :) and then posting two 10's in a row:(.........I just have to laugh or I'll kill myself :)

So, to answer the question I don't make my score in any real "typical" fashion unless I occasionally get on a streak where the inconsistencieas calm down.

The majority of my holes are bogey or double. I'll typically have one or two pars, and two or three higher than double (usually par 3s).

Ok, how many pars, birdies, bogeys and dreaded others do you make in one of your typical rounds?

As a 10 handicap (par 72) mine goes:

8 pars, 9 bogeys, 1 birdie Obviously sometimes it varies but this is fairly typical for me!

How about you?
That's about how mine looks. My scores also depend on time of day and scotch consumption. The later in the day and the more scotch, the better the score. I struggle with the early AM rounds. Takes a while for the back and brain to loosen up.

rough averages from last year i ended close to 1 birdie, 1 double bogey, 4 bogeys, 12 pars

That's about how mine looks. My scores also depend on time of day and scotch consumption. The later in the day and the more scotch, the better the score. I struggle with the early AM rounds. Takes a while for the back and brain to loosen up.

You sure you just aren't intimidated when you play with me??? Your early am scores should be stellar, you usually skip the first 2 or 3 holes.

I usually find a way to shoot between 82 and 87. It can be with pars, bogies, doubles. triples are rare and birdies are rare too.

C'mon this is the internet ... everyone is scratch. HA!

3 birds ... 6 bogies .... and then some others ... depending on how much I hit the flask at the turn or the time of day. Could be better, could be worse. Depends on how much I really care after a while. Just going through the motions sometimes.

Typical: 1-2 birdies, 6 bogeys and a double

Last round (knocking the winter rust off): 3 birdies, 4 bogeys, 4 doubles

1 - Birdie
7- Pars
8 - bogeys
2 - double/triple

Back