JMN57

Reaction score
Handicap
In flux
Has anyone had a checked golf bag not get a TSA inspection this year?

I've checked my golf bag about 10 times this year and EVERY single time it's been opened up and inspected.

Always gets inspected.

I'm 1 of 2 this year.

100% of the time for me. And they almost never put it back the way they found it!

Just 1 of 2 this year.

100% of the time for me. And they almost never put it back the way they found it!

Same here...apparently TSA can't count. 9 doesnt come before 5...that really grinds my gears.

Just checked one yesterday that didnt get inspected.

I'm about 75% all time on them checking mine I think.

TSA/Golf Bags

Seems like I'm checked every time.

Last edited:
Last year heading to Disney it was not checked on the way down, but on the way back home it was AND they broke the handle on my hard case.

I never pay attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every time!

Pretty sure only time it was checked was coming out of Atlanta last month. Otherwise nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 1 for 2 so far this year.

2 flights and 2 inspections this year.

The Canadian guys always have us open them up and they run the swab over them but my last trip coming back from Vegas no one asked to look and it didn't look like anything was disturbed. But since it's Vegas and there's a boat load of clubs going through so I'd say they don't worry too much at that airport.

I always get checked and they always smash my shoes and my hat.

Last time I flew my back was put back in upside down so all of the weight was on my old drivers shaft. Needless to say I was upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, i use a Club Glove Stiff Arm, take all the adjustible heads off, and then put the shafts towards the center. Irons around the outside and wrap the whole thing in a towel. I use a Club Glove Last Bag and never had any problems. I think they may have looked at it in Atlanta, but didn't disturb anything at all.

I've been check on 3 of my last 5 flight. I read them the riot act after trip to Vegas because they failed to place everything back the way they found it. Every zipper was open, head covers off and towels unwrapped around the heads of clubs. I have no issue with the search. I have an issue with the lack of consistency between tsa checks.

I've never checked my bag without an inspection occurring.

Majority of the time I find one of the TSA slips in my golf bag.

I am 2 for 3 this year in getting my bag inspected. I will say that so far, they appear to be more careful this year. Last year I found all of my clubs stuff in 2 compartments after one inspection, the driver where the putter should have gone after another inspection. So far, pretty good this year.

I am 2 for 3 this year in getting my bag inspected. I will say that so far, they appear to be more careful this year. Last year I found all of my clubs stuff in 2 compartments after one inspection, the driver where the putter should have gone after another inspection. So far, pretty good this year.
They actually took the stuff out? I swear nobody has done anything then unzip the bag, look inside and close it back up. I don't recall anything ever moved.

They actually took the stuff out? I swear nobody has done anything then unzip the bag, look inside and close it back up. I don't recall anything ever moved.
Yep..has happened to me a couple of times where clubs have been moved. I am pretty OCD about the order of my clubs in my bag and there has been a few times where I can tell clubs were taken out and put back in the wrong spot.

Back