What's your Tee game?

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Tees are often an overlooked accessory to our game, and very under-discussed. What's your tee management method? Do you leave them loose in a pocket of your bag? Do you have a crown royal bag you store them in? Throw a few in your pocket before you leave the house? Only play one style/brand/length?

Only ever play epoch 2.75 tees.
Two standard length in the pocket, one short length.

In the bag I normally just put them in a tee pocket but the bag I have is pretty loose. I might need to take a Crown Royal bag out with me.

I use either a crown royal bag or an ace of clubs bag to hold the tees. In my pocket I carry one normal length tee, one broken or short tee, whichever I pull out of the bag first and also one of the tees that Jamie was hitting with on the range at the Cleveland event. Unfortunately no skill has rubbed off yet but it'll happen eventually right? Just have to let the wood break down or something?

These two. I have a few loose in a pocket on my bag. I put one of each in my front pocket along with a divot tool and spare ball and I'm good to go. I'll play the same tee for months, sometimes years. When they do go, it's usually because I lost it around a tee box.
product-image-262529079_1024x1024@2x.jpgW13PRDGFEVO112TS-1.jpg

I just toss them in the pocket above the ball pocket. Epoch tees for a while now, 2.75". For play, 3 or 4 go in my right front pocket.

Last season I started playing martini tees. They never break, easy to find and one lasted me all season.

I don't have any set tee regime. I have a bunch of random tees in my bag. I grab a few to put in my pocket and use them til they all get lost or broken. Then grab a few more, rinse, repeat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don’t use them. Hitting a ball off a tee is a recipe for a giant slice for me.

Only ever play epoch 2.75 tees.
Two standard length in the pocket, one short length.

In the bag I normally just put them in a tee pocket but the bag I have is pretty loose. I might need to take a Crown Royal bag out with me.

Whoa, this is 100% me. Except the Crown Royale part.

I just use whatever I have. I am a tee scavenger so I never leave the course with less tees than I start with.

I also use Epoch tees. Keep all tees in a Crown bag except the two in my pocket. I use broken tees I find on tee boxes also, and fill my bag up with them. Haven't bought tees in 5-6 yrs

Always wood tees. 2.75”. And just store them in a bag pocket. Nothing special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always wooden tees. Always long ones with the driver. I never use red, they are hard for me to find since I am colorblind and don't see red very well on Green.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Epoch tee's only loose in a bag pocket. I put 5-6 in the glove box along with my pitch fix tool. I cannot have anything in my pockets when I swing, I know weird right? I tee off and put it back in the glovebox. I only grab the pitch fix tool If I hit the green, I can only putt with it in my left front pocket. Did I mention I am weird?

I use the plastic tees, but am not brand specific. I put two 2 3/4 inch tees and two short tees in my pocket for each round. I store a bunch in a valuables pouch in my golf bag, so that they are not all loose.

I use whatever I find. Our course has provided plastic tees that I use most of the time but I've got a big Ziploc bag full of plastic and wood tees that I don't think I will ever use up.

I always play with 3 tees in my right pocket and use broken ones from the tee box on par 3's.

Four Yards More 3"1/4 (no idea if the name is true) but it lasts a long time if you don't lose it.

I keep them all in a ziplock bag, no fuss. Pride Golf Breast Cancer Awareness 2 3/4" tees (means a lot to me personally) and Pride Golf 1 1/2" short tees for irons. When on the course one of each in my right pocket.

Last edited:
Right front pocket: one standard, one short Epoch tee to start, then add stray tees on occasion. I never carry tees in my left pocket.

No special storage, I just use one of my bag pockets.

Pride Evolution 2.75" "Starts and Stripes" tees. I keep them in a Crown Royal bag for safe Keeping ! When playing always have one in the left front pocket.

I keep 2 tees in my pocket at all times one 3” tee and one short tee (most likely the second one is s broken tee). The rest are in a front pouch in the golf bag with 3 extras wedged into the top of my golf bag for easy access.

i like the tees with a color band towards the bottom to help determine how far I push it into the ground as well.

I have a quart ziploc bag full of tees. Preference is wood. 3-1/8 for Drivers, 2-1/8 for irons or fairway wood off the tee. While I play, I keep two or three tucked into the velcro of the gloves (I play with two gloves). They are usually color coded so I don't have to dig around for the right size. short ones are white, long ones are those fluorescent green ones.

HOWEVER, I keep a supply of Plastic tees for the range- I have one of those range tee holder things that fit in the hole. I figured out rather quickly that wooden tees will snap and leave the stub in the bottom part of the holder. You then need to pick up the mat, take out the holder, then pry the stub out, put holder back, put a new tee in, then promptly snap the next one. I bought a bag of plastic long tees on Amazon and that took care of that. They may flick out of the holder, but they don't break. As a bonus, they have lines on the side to be able to precisely repeat the correct height each time.

I have a crown royal bag of tees but before every round I grab a handful and put them in my pocket

I have two ziplock bags in my golf bag, one for shorter tees and longer tees, all of which are plastic. They all have that "tri-tip" design which IDK if it helps or not, but I rarely lose them off the tee so a bag of 30 or so lasted me all season long last year with tons still left to go.

Always keep a cpl of each size in my right pocket, just comfort level, plus I can put on my glove beforehand and still be able to dig into my pocket. Right pocket always has a ball marker or two, plus tees.

Back