An annoying habit of your golfing partner

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I have this one really nice fellow that I often play a round of golf with but he has one habit that can annoy me. The habit I'm referring to is chewing sunflower seeds while playing and then spitting out the hulls. The only times this really bothers me is when we are riding together in the golf cart and then he spits the hulls out and the wind blows them into my face at times. I suppose it could be worse. He could be a tobacco chewer and spitter.

How about you. Do you play or have you played with a partner with an annoying habit?

Last edited:
spit anything into my face and you're getting a couple knuckles to the face...

one guy at the local men's night will not tolerate ANY noise or ANY movement when he's hitting - dude just hit the ball already

My partner is a +3.5 hcp......its pretty annoying

I do not like someone standing behind me when I am hitting. Not behind my butt, behind my right arm. It does not bother me when putting and someone wants to watch the roll but everything else no. I feel like an ass to tell my partner so sometimes I just try to ignore it.

spit anything into my face and you're getting a couple knuckles to the face...

one guy at the local men's night will not tolerate ANY noise or ANY movement when he's hitting - dude just hit the ball already

He spits the hulls away from me but sometimes there is a gust of wind in my direction.

He spits the hulls away from me but sometimes there is a gust of wind in my direction.

There would be a gust of cursing the first time and a whirlwind of fist's thereafter. I doubt we would be playing anymore together after that hole. And if he spits them on the green he is a subhuman piece of garbage.

I sure hope my playing partners don't see this thread!

we got one guy that is our "sub". He subs in when one of us in our regular foursome can't make a date. He doesn't always do it, but sometimes he gives swing advice. Thankfully when he does, everyone one gives him the "seriously dude" look .....LOL

Otherwise, he is a pretty cool dude, so all good

One of the guys I ride with, he always wants to pull up on the wrong side of the ball and to close.

One of my playing partners is that guy who goes and looks for every lost ball no matter who's ball it is, wading through reeds if he has to while the rest of us continue play. He's also the guy who loves to tell stories while the rest of us wait for him to hit his shot. He's a nice guy, and almost always the best player in the group, but has some serious slow play tendencies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hate the sunflower seeds if their on the greens and I’ll certainly say something to anyone if it’s happening. It’s disgusting. As a THPer I’m not someone who minds phones as long as their on silent. Don’t mind them playing music at all. One small gripe I have is when someone has a bag of candy, or chips, or any loudish bag that makes a ton of crinkling noise. Weird I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is less about the people I play with most often but people I get paired up with. Learn how and where to park and move your golf cart in an efficient manner for the entire group pace of play.

Hate the sunflower seeds if their on the greens and I’ll certainly say something to anyone if it’s happening. It’s disgusting. As a THPer I’m not someone who minds phones as long as their on silent. Don’t mind them playing music at all. One small gripe I have is when someone has a bag of candy, or chips, or any loudish bag that makes a ton of crinkling noise. Weird I know

Noted for future matches against you

Feel you, I'm in the same boat. I guess we are their partner who makes their game feel good

Eh, not so much that. Other than our home course he plays different tees than I do. He doesn't compare himself to me.

Don't get me wrong, I was sarcastic when I said that. I wouldn't have it the other way......the other guys that we play with are 5 and under also and playing with guys much better than myself is better for my game as a whole.

I've got two, neither are really big deals, but annoying.

One of my regular playing partners is the guy that won't put the phone away, and I'm not talking social media, but taking and making phone calls, mostly business calls. Come on, if its really that important, maybe you should be at the office, otherwise voicemail really does work.

The other is a regular playing partner that always heads right to his ball before anyone else hits. Not that bad if we're walking, but we are usually riding, so he's either got a cart up near where I'm hitting to, or if I'm riding with him I feel like I'm going to get hit by someone. Easy cure for this one though, ride together, and I drive.

There would be a gust of cursing the first time and a whirlwind of fist's thereafter. I doubt we would be playing anymore together after that hole. And if he spits them on the green he is a subhuman piece of garbage.

No he would never spit them on the greens, unless you're leading him by a stroke

One of the guys I play with dips and always ends up spitting on the green. I get on him all the time about it and tell him that if my ball rolls through his spit, I'm chucking it at his face. :)

I have come across times where it's my turn at the tee. I tee up the ball, get my target ready and line up, practice swing and go! Talk all you want during that I don't care since I am loose and might even chat while I am doing all that, it's fun!

But when I step into the shot, don't suddenly go from talking to "trying" to whisper because you still want to finish your discussion. You might think you're loud, but I can still hear. Depending on the frequency and person I will either speak up or just give a quick glance over and restart my routine. Seems to work most of the time.

Two guy's in my regular group can be so annoying.. One always has his phone glued to his ear, and has held us up to the point that people passed us on a tee box. Will never ask him to play during the regular work week. Another constantly looks for golf balls in the bushes, fescue, and water. Worst!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

One of the guys I play with quite regularly will take multiple "mulligans" on a hole and then conveniently forget to count any strokes on the hole for any bets made. He doesn't keep a handicap, so it doesn't matter there, but when you duff a drive, then hit another and then don't even count the first shot.... He gets called on it all the time, but he keeps doing it.

My two favorite playing partners like to throw their clubs =)

Hitting more than 1 ball... Drives me crazy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The only thing that annoys me is we have one guy in our weekend group that will look for a ball until he finds it. 3 of us on the green putting out and hes still 150 yards back hunting for his stupid Noodle.

Some of the guys have started keeping Noodles in their bag to "seed" his ball when it's in a hard to find area lol.

Even then, it's no big deal because we just leave the onus on him to catch up again...we wait for nobody!

Back