NorCal Crew Outing (19-20MAR)

nope haven't played it, I have family in Livermore, but I gave the game up for about 20 years, that's about the time they built it. Always wanted to play there and am looking forward to it! I want to try the hardest of the nines, just for the heck of it.

So we're playing Merlot and ?????

So we're playing Merlot and ?????
Merlot and Merlot, lol, kidding. I am just looking forward to hanging with my Hackers paradise brothers! If Merlot is open, let's do it, be a good warm up for the rest of the weekend!
lets ask the pro shop for their recommendation, they may have other factors which would support particular 9's.

Merlot and Merlot, lol, kidding. I am just looking forward to hanging with my Hackers paradise brothers! If Merlot is open, let's do it, be a good warm up for the rest of the weekend!
lets ask the pro shop for their recommendation, they may have other factors which would support particular 9's.

Haha! Bring Merlot on :D. This unofficial get together is going to be a ton of fun and I'm pretty pumped about playing Poppy Ridge as well as the courses in my neck of the woods!

Just wanted to remind everyone that I'd like to confirm these numbers in two weeks on 3/13. I'm going to call Laguna Seca today to drop the reservation to 8 since it looks like we're pretty locked in on 6 for that day at the moment. As I mentioned in a previous post, we are currently full for Poppy Hills but there is still time to bump the reservation numbers up, but it will get more difficult as 3/20 gets closer. So for those of you on the fence, the sooner you let me know your intentions, the better! Looking forward to teeing it up with y'all!

Off topic but I started a thread about TPC Harding Park and getting a 4 some for July 9th. Price is $104 a person. If interested let me know as I want to reserve when it opens up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic but I started a thread about TPC Harding Park and getting a 4 some for July 9th. Price is $104 a person. If interested let me know as I want to reserve when it opens up.

I saw it and responded :D

Looks like you guys are going to have a blast. I'm officially going to have to bow out. Our SCGA team play group made the playoffs so if everything goes well we'll be playing the 2nd round the weekend of the 19th. Have fun and I look forward to following along!

T-17! Getting closer!

Very excited for this. I hope I play better than the last outing. I think I was above 110 both rounds :laughing:

Yeah, I have not been playing very well the last 4 rounds. Driving the ball has been a complete disaster.

I was a 11.8 Feb 15, played 4 rounds and my index went up to 13.0... My ball striking has just been gawd awful. But I am going to get it turned around this week!

I've been up and down myself, but it's all good!

I called Laguna Seca today and changed the reservation to 8 but they're flexible so we're good there. 3/18-3/20 is going to be a great weekend!

Very excited for this. I hope I play better than the last outing. I think I was above 110 both rounds :laughing:

But did you have fun? I already know the answer, but thats what is most important.

Poppy is a tough course. Its very easy to deposit a few golf balls into the woods, especially with how the fairways have no rough. I'm hoping to break my personal Poppy best, I feel that I've had enough rounds on the course that I've started to get the hang of it.

But did you have fun? I already know the answer, but thats what is most important.

Poppy is a tough course. Its very easy to deposit a few golf balls into the woods, especially with how the fairways have no rough. I'm hoping to break my personal Poppy best, I feel that I've had enough rounds on the course that I've started to get the hang of it.

You are definitely correct sir. I've only played Poppy once and I held my own pretty well on most of the holes. I was mostly just taken aback by how beautiful the course was.

I have been working things out with the lady and my work schedule this week.

I believe I'm going to take one of the last few spots at Laguna Seca for Saturday only. Looks to be a fun weekend with everyone!

I have been working things out with the lady and my work schedule this week.

I believe I'm going to take one of the last few spots at Laguna Seca for Saturday only. Looks to be a fun weekend with everyone!

Got ya added to the list for Laguna Seca!

Getting exited

Getting exited

Only a couple weeks left! Any ideas for some games during our rounds? Also, is there anybody that wants the last spot at PoppyRidge on the 18th?

Only a couple weeks left! Any ideas for some games during our rounds? Also, is there anybody that wants the last spot at PoppyRidge on the 18th?

I am down to play some games, but personally I prefer to play my ball throughout both rounds (so no scramble/shamble type games). With multiple groups we could play 3 man best ball between groups, or have blind partners (your partner is in one of the other groups so you don't know how he is doing) or any other number of things.

Or I am fine with just a fun round with other like minded THPers... don't know if this post helped at all, but oh well.

I am down to play some games, but personally I prefer to play my ball throughout both rounds (so no scramble/shamble type games). With multiple groups we could play 3 man best ball between groups, or have blind partners (your partner is in one of the other groups so you don't know how he is doing) or any other number of things.

Or I am fine with just a fun round with other like minded THPers... don't know if this post helped at all, but oh well.

Sure it helps! I too would prefer to play my ball throughout our rounds. I prefer to have silly little games within our groups, nothing super competitive, fun stuff. I certainly don't mind buying a couple beers for great shots!

Sure it helps! I too would prefer to play my ball throughout our rounds. I prefer to have silly little games within our groups, nothing super competitive, fun stuff. I certainly don't mind buying a couple beers for great shots!

We can discuss more, but I think maybe one day we play best ball teams as foursomes and another day we play blind draw partners with the someone in the other group?

Then there can still be games within each foursome.

Again just a though if people want to spice things up.

ASN21 hit me up and suggested longest drive and closest to the pin, but I'll have to see if they're willing to put out the stakes for a group of 12. Or we could just do it on the honor system with the help of pictures and GPS screen captures. I'm thinking combined group score may be a good way to go about it too.

ASN21 hit me up and suggested longest drive and closest to the pin, but I'll have to see if they're willing to put out the stakes for a group of 12. Or we could just do it on the honor system with the help of pictures and GPS screen captures. I'm thinking combined group score may be a good way to go about it too.

The beauty of having a small group is that we could very easily hold an unofficial long drive or closest to the pin. The first group sets the mark and leaves an indicator of some sort and the last group just picks it up. It would only be sitting there for 15-20 minutes and badda bing!

I still haven't heard if my request for the 18th was approved so if anyone is interested grab it. I honestly might not know until the 17th the way things are going around here lately.

FYI watch out for Mr Hicksta regarding long drives if he has his new LTD.... Just sayin

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I still haven't heard if my request for the 18th was approved so if anyone is interested grab it. I honestly might not know until the 17th the way things are going around here lately.

FYI watch out for Mr Hicksta regarding long drives if he has his new LTD.... Just sayin

Ha! Hopefully I have that thing dialed in by the time this awesome weekend arrives :D

Ha! Hopefully I have that thing dialed in by the time this awesome weekend arrives :D
Guess they'll have to read the reviews to figure out what we're talking about.

Google claims it's just over 3 hours to Laguna Seca. Man, that makes for an early start but if I can't do Fri I might do it.

Back