Mizuno ST190 vs ST190G Drivers - Range Days Episode 3

Halfway through the video, need to finish watching.

Man, I cannot wait for you to get out there to try one!! I would be very very curious how it performed on the heel side of center for you!

I am hoping to fix that soon. If I get a chance I am going to try it!

the graphic comparing numbers on different hits across the face was really freaking cool. i've never seen anything like that before, and it was awesome.

@jb- just so we are clear: i know the high heel miss quite well. it's something of legend.

the graphic comparing numbers on different hits across the face was really freaking cool. i've never seen anything like that before, and it was awesome.

@jb- just so we are clear: i know the high heel miss quite well. it's something of legend.

That was all @JB. I mentioned that the numbers were worth telling that story separately and he went to work per usual. So happy with how it came out.

Another good podcast on showing the two Mizuno drivers. I have never hit a Mizuno driver, but looking at the forgiveness pictures maybe I should. As others have already said, really informative and liked the breakdowns of each.

With two out of the three range days being a comparison of drivers within the same family, I am hopefully optimistic we will see the same with Taylor Made’s M5 and M6.

Then, I can’t wait to see how the AI face from Callaway’s Epic Flash tests out on those mishits. Edit to add: I will be very curious to see if the AI face is as ground breaking as it may be for driver technology.

Boy, so much information already and much more to come. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for tuning in @fflmaster... I can't say for sure, but I suspect you're going to get your wish on at least a couple of those hopes.

Thanks for tuning in @fflmaster... I can't say for sure, but I suspect you're going to get your wish on at least a couple of those hopes.

I will be watching tomorrow. Ever since owning the mizuno mp001 driver (it was a bomber) I have always loved mizuno drivers

Morning bump here.

I’m looking forward to being back at work so I can actually sit down and watch this morning!

The numbers on the heel shot were just bonkers! Seems like it would be a great driver who lives in that area on the face.

As always, loved the format and the easily digested information! Keep up the great work and I can’t wait for the next one!

Third video in and I appreciate the breakdown of the tech and performance and how it’s a different perspective from other video reviews. I am surprised to see the relatively low spin numbers for Dan.

In terms of looks, I think this is a step back for Mizuno and wish there was a blue option.

These videos are pretty damn cool. I love the break downs of each shot and all the details put into these.

You sure don't hear about Mizuno near as much as the others and that's surprising. They have great stuff

Lots of great info in the video...thanks for doing this guys

Third video in and I appreciate the breakdown of the tech and performance and how it’s a different perspective from other video reviews. I am surprised to see the relatively low spin numbers for Dan.

In terms of looks, I think this is a step back for Mizuno and wish there was a blue option.

The spin numbers shocked me a ton. We obviously had the weights hammered forward on the G, but low 2000s is a dream number for me.

The numbers on the heel shot were just bonkers! Seems like it would be a great driver who lives in that area on the face.

As always, loved the format and the easily digested information! Keep up the great work and I can’t wait for the next one!

that was my reaction on the heel shots as well. When i saw the efficiency it was legitimately making me double take a few times.

Thanks for tuning in!

This might have been my favorite so far in terms of how the misses are broken down and understanding why the numbers are what they are. Even though I am no where near the player Dan is, understanding what the golf ball is doing on my misses is huge and this video simplified the numbers.

Well done guys.

This might have been my favorite so far in terms of how the misses are broken down and understanding why the numbers are what they are. Even though I am no where near the player Dan is, understanding what the golf ball is doing on my misses is huge and this video simplified the numbers.

Well done guys.

Thanks Mikeg. Glad you enjoyed it.

Gave this one a watch today, and rewatched episode 2 as well. Really good info, and something I didn't metnion after the F9 release, but thank you for including the Carry distatance column on the left when going through the comparative shots as it was something missing from episode 1. I know distance is not the main thing when breaking down the head, but it's easier to paint a picture when you see the effects of all the other numbers that are being thrown out there. The conversation between you two comes off very naturally which is a good thing.

MizzyRD-L.jpg

This is going to sound funny and odd, but I like the closer image of Josh, in the previous ones I felt he looked a bit distant.

A couple other questions/thoughts/nitpicking, however you want to look at it....

1)In the early part do you have to keep the main image in the big box? For example when Josh is showing the driver heads and trying to show some of the visble tech, is it possible to shift him to the main screen so that viewers can see that stuff a bit easier? Might be nice too at the end if the showdown splashscreen was shrunk down becing that the final 5 minutes of each episide that image is up and is representing some dead space. Perhaps blow your two frames up more in that case?

2)In the Ping episode, the screenscaps of the 10 shots were labeled nicely, whereas in the Cobra and Mizzy episides they are just driver and driver 1. In future episides, would it be possible to label those, even if it's just adding your own text box in that area(I know sometimes the app is a pain to go back and change things once data is recorded). I included some screenshots below to illustrate what I am talking about.

Ep1
RDg410-L.jpg

Ep2
RDF9-L.jpg

Ep3
RDMizzy-L.jpg

Well done guys.

I am so glad you enjoyed it mike!!

Canadan-Which would you choose? The ST190 or the G?

Canadan-Which would you choose? The ST190 or the G?

I loved everything about the center contact and heel contact of the G. Without question I would go that route because of the low spin I was getting.

What was also appealing to me was the consistency of the misses. Definitely the tighter dispersion of the two.

Love, love, love the data directly placed on the face of the club. It made it so easy to assess!

One question though. The way I read the top number of that part of the video is that Canadan hit 51 total shots with the G, would that be correct? I'm confused a bit on the 13 toe / 12 high --- 5 toe / 0 high ---33 heel / 1 low numbers and what they signify. Will you please explain?

Thanks!

Love, love, love the data directly placed on the face of the club. It made it so easy to assess!

One question though. The way I read the top number of that part of the video is that Canadan hit 51 total shots with the G, would that be correct? I'm confused a bit on the 13 toe / 12 high --- 5 toe / 0 high ---33 heel / 1 low numbers and what they signify. Will you please explain?

Thanks!

I hit five recorded shots with each head.

The 13 toe / 12 high numbers represent the number of millimeters I was away from the center of the face with my ball contact.

Finally got a chance to watch this.
Very interesting. I don’t think this club would be for me as I live on the toe but for those that live on the heel I think this could be a homerun.
Great episode guys

Back