Mizuno ST190 vs ST190G Drivers - Range Days Episode 3

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Range Days is here and in this episode we bring you all of the data from this fun showdown between the ST190 and the ST190G drivers. However this is Range Days, so we do not just show the data, but break it down and explain why it is happening and what to expect out of the clubs in full review form.

"ribbed for Dan's pleasure"... yes!

Hopefully Dan doesn't throw off the pH in his aquarium

Thank you, guys! I've really been looking for to this showdown, and you gave us some great information. Based on my experiences with the ST190 at a recent demo day, and what you showed us here, I'm almost convinced to place my order for one.

Great job!

Really great information. I did not have great results with Mizuno drivers in the past but this offering looks solid

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Another great episode! Really enjoyed the sound of these over the previous Mizuno driver I gamed (JPX 900). I like idea of the G model better with the heel and toe weighting as that is how I played the JPX 900 with success. Really glad that they no longer employ the aluminum face angle adjuster thing on the sole as that really bothered me on previous models.

Thank you, guys! I've really been looking for to this showdown, and you gave us some great information. Based on my experiences with the ST190 at a recent demo day, and what you showed us here, I'm almost convinced to place my order for one.

Great job!

That is awesome, Rebel!

Glad you enjoyed.

Nice work Dan! Does the variance between center/heel strike and toe strikes concern you? You said you have been used to living in the high toe area for previous drivers, would you shy away from a driver that swung the pendulum the other way, or would you adapt with your setup etc. to try and live a little more on the heel side of center?

Nice work Dan! Does the variance between center/heel strike and toe strikes concern you? You said you have been used to living in the high toe area for previous drivers, would you shy away from a driver that swung the pendulum the other way, or would you adapt with your setup etc. to try and live a little more on the heel side of center?

It might be a harder sell for me, since I have pretty actively lived high toe up until this past year where I've neutralized a bit of my AoA and improved spin rates on center-of-head contact. I also wasn't overly found of the sound as you crept higher and towards the toe but that's a personal preference thing. That said, the spin rates on the G were unbelievable for me with a stock setup.

I'd probably spend more time with the G if one was available to demo, as the contact on the center of the head provided incredible feedback - but right now I'd have a hard time saying for my game/swing, I'd make that concession to play it.

This couldn't have dropped at any better time. With Mitchell just bagging the win at Honda I'm sure people will love the great info here

This couldn't have dropped at any better time. With Mitchell just bagging the win at Honda I'm sure people will love the great info here

Pretty fantastic timing for sure. Thanks for tuning in, Kanger.

Probably just a weird coincidence : )

Great video! Great discussion between you two and great information for us. I will admit I don't understand all of it but you guys did a great job of explaining the launch monitor info.

I've always been a huge Mizuno fan, I'm very excited to try these drivers.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Great video! Great discussion between you two and great information for us. I will admit I don't understand all of it but you guys did a great job of explaining the launch monitor info.

I've always been a huge Mizuno fan, I'm very excited to try these drivers.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

We want to make sure you do understand it. So if you have any questions at all, never hesitate to ask.

I actually can't wait to tune in. The Cobra discussion was really good on the last one. Hope my freaking phone stops ringing this afternoon and I can get 30 minutes a peace.

It's crazy that you put this up today as Keith Mitchell won with it and a friend's husband is VP of golf for mizuno and we have been talking about me upgrading to this! Looks awesome! Great video.

My favorite episode so far. Knew very little about these drivers and came away very impressed. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedules to coordinate and produce them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite episode so far. Knew very little about these drivers and came away very impressed. Thanks for taking the time out of your schedules to coordinate and produce them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it.

These are great informative videos. Seems to be plenty of forgiveness in the two heads. The thing that jumped out at me was the ball speed #'s stayed pretty constant throughout.

Just looked at these today! Very good looking drivers! A little more triangular shaped than I thought. Looks good. The owner of the shop had a guy fitted last week. Said he got better numbers out of the GT-180. If you don't mind the blue, you might be able to save some coin and get better performance with the previous generation driver! But, boy are these pretty!

I love the feedback about these videos being informative!! That is such a huge component of Range Days!

Another picture

Was looking forward to this one. I've been so close to pulling the trigger on the ST190 - even after purchasing an F9. I hit one at a local golf show - and it's got me drooling even more.

Did you notice any similarities between either of the Mizuno's and the F9, Dan? Things that stand out between the two? It seems that both are just really fun to hit.

Also - well done with these videos guys (and Morgan). I like how they've all been a little unique and they get seem to get better and better.

Was looking forward to this one. I've been so close to pulling the trigger on the ST190 - even after purchasing an F9. I hit one at a local golf show - and it's got me drooling even more.

Did you notice any similarities between either of the Mizuno's and the F9, Dan? Things that stand out between the two? It seems that both are just really fun to hit.

Also - well done with these videos guys (and Morgan). I like how they've all been a little unique and they get seem to get better and better.

Great question! I think they both have a similar ease of making solid contact on the ball. I kept saying to JB while I hit the 190G that I was 'nutting' it and that is such a fantastic thing to get out of a driver head, thinking that you are 'maxing' it.

Outside of that, I thought they were actually pretty unique in comparison. Heavily swingweight in the Mizuno, a bit faster in the Cobra. It was definitely different.

Another great video. I really liked how you break down the club face and show the data for where he hit the ball. As someone who is struggling with heel hits right now it is interesting to see the data that hit creates.

As always thanks for taking the time to do these!

Another great video. I really liked how you break down the club face and show the data for where he hit the ball. As someone who is struggling with heel hits right now it is interesting to see the data that hit creates.

As always thanks for taking the time to do these!

Man, I cannot wait for you to get out there to try one!! I would be very very curious how it performed on the heel side of center for you!

Back