THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Curveball???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey JB, question for ya

Will the pairings and matchups be done for this in advance of the event, or would it be a meet and greet night before thing?

First round pairings will be done in advance.
Second round will be done at Meet & Greet.

Works for me, thanks

I like the sounds of that

I like that combination!

Sounds good to me. So who decides who plays who? Does Mike announce pairing then I do or how does that work?

Can't wait to see the pairings. Like that the second round will be done at meet and greet. Will it be done publicly draft style or in secret?

This thread is funny. I'm going to be talking smack even though I wasn't drafted. Will be rooting for the win. Plus, I may get brought up from the minors if something happens.

Sounds good to me. So who decides who plays who? Does Mike announce pairing then I do or how does that work?

Definitely...

I kid I kid.
The first round will be blind drawing.
The second will be at meet and greet and will be one team calls a team, the other then calls a team. To be fair, because we need to setup live scoring, the two captains will meet me a bit before meet and greet to do this and then it will be announced when everybody arrives.

If you don't mind, can you elaborate on the blind drawing JB? It doesn't make any difference to me, I will play who I'm told to play, but I'm sure others have questions as well.

Do the pairings the captains make get drawn out of a hat? That's how I remember from past events.

Definitely...

I kid I kid.
The second will be at meet and greet and will be one team calls a team, the other then calls a team. To be fair, because we need to setup live scoring, the two captains will meet me a bit before meet and greet to do this and then it will be announced when everybody arrives.

I like the blind drawing aspect. Is the drawings of pairs or single players?

If you don't mind, can you elaborate on the blind drawing JB? It doesn't make any difference to me, I will play who I'm told to play, but I'm sure others have questions as well.

Do the pairings the captains make get drawn out of a hat? That's how I remember from past events.

I like the blind drawing aspect. Is the drawings of pairs or single players?

Drawings are pairs.
Its a simple random number generator that puts it together.

Definitely...

I kid I kid.

God that's awesome. No way to prep for your opponent other than just play your own game and be ready for anyone. Very jealous.

Last edited:
The excitement level for this keeps going up and up! Can't wait till everyone can get out on the course and get ready for this

Definitely...

I kid I kid.
I love these draws. Makes for an added level of excitement.
God that's awesome. No way to prep for your opponent other than just play your own game and be ready for anyone. Very jealous.

I mean are you ever really prepping your game against your opponents? For me I'm playing my game. It is match play and certain shots or way you play a hole will be dictated by what your opponent does.

I love these draws. Makes for an added level of excitement.

I mean are you ever really prepping your game against your opponents? For me I'm playing my game. It is match play and certain shots or way you play a hole will be dictated by what your opponent does.

I think so in some ways. Obviously I play my own game, and it depends on how the match is going once it starts, how I'd play certain shots as well, but if I know I'm playing a scratch, I know I'm likely going to have to be a little more aggressive and make some birdies, whereas if I am playing maybe a higher handicapper I know fairways and greens and pars put a lot of pressure on them. Especially in a team event, if you are a team of high cappers and playing a team of low cappers, it can be intimidating, but need to remember you will likely get strokes, play your own game, realize that many times bogeys will be "good" scores etc. Just my opinion.

Just wanted to highlight these few things...especially for the Michigan guys!

After Matches Dinner at a local restaurant we selected w/ prix fixed menu w/ trophy ceremony (if you plan on signing up, please do not be the person that plays & then leaves before dinner)
MVP will be announced at the THP Dinner afterwards and will involve every person in the event (and a panel following along on the forum) casting a vote.

Also...In case you missed it there is a freaking amazing MVP trip at stake here!! Let our sponsor know how you feel about it! Come on don't be shy!
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/fo...By-True-Temper

I like how the pairings will be set.

I want to also thank those in this thread who are staying active. I know you all wanted to be named to your respective teams, but you staying in here and continued support of the event speaks volumes.

Thank you!

I like how the pairings will be set.

I want to also thank those in this thread who are staying active. I know you all wanted to be named to your respective teams, but you staying in here and continued support of the event speaks volumes.

Thank you!

Your welcome CJ. I like talking smack. And I have to support my Internet friends in this endeavor. Heck, If I were in it, I'd like to think that someone would support me.

I think so in some ways. Obviously I play my own game, and it depends on how the match is going once it starts, how I'd play certain shots as well, but if I know I'm playing a scratch, I know I'm likely going to have to be a little more aggressive and make some birdies, whereas if I am playing maybe a higher handicapper I know fairways and greens and pars put a lot of pressure on them. Especially in a team event, if you are a team of high cappers and playing a team of low cappers, it can be intimidating, but need to remember you will likely get strokes, play your own game, realize that many times bogeys will be "good" scores etc. Just my opinion.

Guess I should add I was more talking about mentally preparing/strategizing etc, which is definitely a part of prepping in my opinion. But I'm sure the Captains will help their teams with those thoughts/ideas.

Anyway, will give the floor back to the participants. Was more just popping in to say I thought the format/pairings idea was really cool.

Guess I should add I was more talking about mentally preparing/strategizing etc, which is definitely a part of prepping in my opinion. But I'm sure the Captains will help their teams with those thoughts/ideas.

Anyway, will give the floor back to the participants. Was more just popping in to say I thought the format/pairings idea was really cool.
Michigan needs representation in here. Don't leave us more outnumbered! Your insight is valuable.

The pairing selection sounds fun. The first round blind drawing is pretty cool & with the second round being announced at the meet and great is a great idea.

Random makes that first round very interesting

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'll post when I get back home. I'm at Boulder with a digital level getting Ben the green readings he needs for my yardage book

Lions81 would be the best one to ask on this but I believe you have to turn over all discovery to the Defense team (Michigan) with ample time for it to be useful.

Please let me know when our laser level readings and yardage books will be available.
On a serious note. If you APExpress... those levels are great training tools..

I like the pairing process, literally anything can happen. I can feel the excitement level rising. Ohio get your popcorn ready, because in three months Michigans gonna put on a show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back