Who DESIGNS the Maxfli golf balls?

glacker

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone know who actually DESIGNS the Maxfli golf balls?

Some premium/tour urethane golf balls are designed (if not manufactured) by the branded name (e.g Titleist, Bridgestone, Callaway, TaylorMade, Snell).
Some premium/tour urethane golf balls use third-party designs (e.g. Vice, Cut, MG, Kirkland, and most of the direct-to-consumer balls) and simply re-badge.

I know the Maxfli brand history with TaylorMade, and that most of the Maxfli IP stayed with TM, and that Dick's Sporting Goods currently manufactures Maxfli (or has the ball manufactured for them).

This question is about design (not manufacturing).

Which category are the Maxfli UFli Speed, UFli Soft, new Tour and new Tour X golf balls in: in-house design or third-party design?

DSG keeps this information pretty close to the vest, but my understanding is that it is internal.
They have club engineering internally, so I would venture a guess that ball is as well.

Stopped playing Maxfli after Dicks scooped up the trademark name. I'm guessing that's all they got and are just slapping a name on a ball. As the previous poster said, they are very tight lipped about saying anything.

I suggest you buy a dozen of the 4-piece Tour Xs, claim they play exactly like the Nassau Quattro (aka the original Costco Signature) and start a huge run on the Maxfli Tour X. Of course, gotta wait till April 1st.

Back