Scanning multiple targets with a laser rangefinder

glacker

Reaction score
Handicap
I am in the market for my first laser rangefinder. When I demoed several models at the local store, there is one feature that I am wondering about. When I attempted to "scan" multiple targets for their respective distances (as I may on the golf course, for example front bunker carry distance, flag distance, back water distance), with some laser rangefinders (e.g. Callaway) I could simply move to each target in rapid succession, getting these different distance quickly, but with some (Bushnell, Nikon) I had to release the button/target, re-depress/re-acquire, then repeat for each distance, taking a longer overall time.

The higher-end LRFs with more advanced target locking seemed to fall into the latter category. Is there a way with the Bushnell Pro X2 or V4 or Nikon Pro Stabilized to rapidly scan multiple targets? Thank you.

As far as I know, you cannot on the Bushnell. I've used 3 different versions over the years, and none seemed capable of that feature. Perhaps this has to do with the "jolt" feature, as it is looking to lock on to something?

Back