What makes you change/buy new clubs?

Mostly because of wear

Shiny and new things are my downfall haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impulse is what usually makes me switch, and I try to make the move after I've read up on the club(s) here.
!

The impulse is so much me. I'm trying to control that this year

You mean, because it's Thursday isn't a good reason???????

You mean, because it's Thursday isn't a good reason???????
Especially thursday. Shiny things on thursday even worse.

Advertising triggers my GAS.Forums trigger my GAS

Been under control the past 6 to 9 months.

I had been hitting the used bins to try and find alternatives to 3, 4 and 5 irons. I have found three hybrids, a 21, 24 and 27 that I'm gonna stick with and which seem to work for me.

I now have to stop checking my driver face as it is getting a little scuffed. I almost talked myself into a new 14 degree last week but went to the range and realized the driver works fine. If only I could crack the body-shiny new toy time

Typically wear and tear. Worn grooves on wedges etc...

If I find a good deal, I take it! Then I get in trouble with my wife....

The impulse is so much me. I'm trying to control that this year

You and me both brother! I'm failing at it so far though :bulgy-eyes:

I usually just love the new look of the new clubs. I hit my XR just fine, but the new XR16 is AWESOME looking.....soooooo....I want one.

THP said so.

Looks, Feel and THP to be honest! No rhyme or reason! I literally will just get a thought in my head like "Man, I should go get new irons." Then I go and hit them and think to myself "You don't need to buy new irons." Then I will see a price that I like and tell myself "Wow that's a steal! You should buy those." Next thing you know I have 4 sets of irons haha Hopefully that doesn't happen now because I am really content with my current setup. First time in a long time!

Boredom honestly and it doesn't usually work out too well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You and me both brother! I'm failing at it so far though :bulgy-eyes:

I used to avoid demo days to prevent the impulse buy, but it usually meant I spent it on something when I was at the range and my fitter would come and say you have to hit this

If I get an itch I buy something

My wife says I can, and I buy the first thing I find that I like before she changes her mind.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My wife says I can, and I buy the first thing I find that I like before she changes her mind.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Haha, taking advantage of a small window of opportunity. I like it!

when i play poorly, i blame myself. when i play well, i often think about changing equipment. i know it's counterintuitive, but my thought is "i hit such-and-such club pretty well, but if i can squeeze a few more yards or get a little closer to the hole it could have been even better."

and i will also change in the pursuit of better numbers. higher ball flight and more carry with woods, tighter dispersion with irons, more spin with wedges, etc.

then lastly, i'll change because there's something that suits my eye or has my interest.

I want to.

I like getting new stuff. If I see something that catches my eye, I will jump on it. Like the Bstones I bought. I had to have them.

When technology will help me out. Replaced my 5 year old driver last year and just replaced my 6 year old irons for this year. I can't justify switching out because of looks or even a couple extra yards.

For me, I'm primarily motivated my two things in woods: 1) distance-if I can get 7+ legitimate yards from a driver or 3 wood, then I'll really consider buying. .

I did not change drivers for almost 10 years. So the tech had definitely changed. If I could pick up 7+ usable yards I would be interested in make a move as well. I am in the market for new irons this year... I keep looking at my set of blades. Everytime I take them out I put them back in before long... I know I am giving up forgiveness and probably some length but.... When I square them up... The sound is like a cross between Jesus & Fergie (yes.. I know... Step Brothers) & the feel is soft & squishy.

When a club misbehaves, meaning, inconsistency. Fortunately all my clubs are now okay.

I have been following the reviews on this site. If I see something I like, I head down to the local golf store and hit 'em. If I like it, then I put it into the equipment ponder file. Recently reviewed the Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5-14° and bought one from CPO. So for me it's mostly based on one or two clubs, not the set of irons.

Distance, dispersion, forgiveness.

Different clubs I look for different things.
Driver, woods: If i can get repeatably better consistency with same or better distance I will upgrade.
Hybrids: Find me one I can hit straight that gaps with my set and I am down!
Irons: main thing I look for is ease of hitting and to be able to consistently hit a certain shot that is predictable.
wedges: mainly feel and just always wanting something new and shiny and this is an area that is cheaper to upgrade.
Putter: OOOOO its shiney, I want it! That basically sums that one up.

Back