2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 sets? Oooof lol
Yessir. basically it's flooding the area with blood. The blood will calm down and heal the inflammation.

20 sets of 1

Well then....maybe EZ Bar curls for 20 sets of 8.

lol sorry. Didn't mean to give you the impression that I actually have muscles

lol sorry. Didn't mean to give you the impression that I actually have muscles
Hahaha. Just hang around here a little more and we will pump. You up.

Leg Day

Leg Day

1 mile cardio warm up. Pulled 460 tonight with alternate grip. Feel like I have a bit more left. Been working with a youngster who is just learning to DL, and that has given me reason to clean up my form. Watched the somewhat recent Rippetoe vid about setting your lower back before the lift. Felt great tonight.

Some of my friends are heading out to the Arnold this weekend for the strongman events. Ive never been but thought it could be kinda cool to see all the top guys go at it. They have this 300lb dumbell that apparently no one has ever one arm pressed so I'll be interested to see if anyone gets it. Lol thats just stupid weight.

Some of my friends are heading out to the Arnold this weekend for the strongman events. Ive never been but thought it could be kinda cool to see all the top guys go at it. They have this 300lb dumbell that apparently no one has ever one arm pressed so I'll be interested to see if anyone gets it. Lol thats just stupid weight.

Ya I believe it's in Columbus, I have a lot of buddies that head down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Had a good work out today, got on the scale and I'm at 186. 5-1 leg day.

Squats 235-275 lbs

RDL(I feel like my Hamstrings are really loosening up), calf Raises, front squats, Landmine OB Twist, hanging knee raises, hanging hollow holds.

Last edited:
Ya I believe it's in Columbus, I have a lot of buddies that head down.

Yep sure is. Only a few hours from me. I like watching some of the events on tv, probably cool to see in person.

Yep sure is. Only a few hours from me. I like watching some of the events on tv, probably cool to see in person.

Few hours from you? I say it's more than a few from NY.

Few hours from you? I say it's more than a few from NY.

Im in WNY but ok I exaggerated a tad, its a little under 5 hours lol. Its an easy drive so it seems quicker.

So much easier running in NY over anywhere else. I don't know what it is, but I sure as hell miss it. 6.5 miles flew by and I posted my best time.

Press. Deads. Chins. Light conditioning. Followed by bed.

Squats, bench, and deads tonight. Squats went well, more progression. Bench wasn't as good, and I missed my work 1st work set on the 4th rep; tried it again on the 2nd and failed after 2. Dropped it 10 lbs and got 5. Deloaded deads as instructed and worked up to 345 without issue and was able to do it without straps. My back feels a little tweaked (probably from Friday), and the deload period will hopefully help it recover.

One plus today was a guy at the gym that I'd talked with last week about deads and proper form told me he was able to add 70 lbs to his deadlift, and hit a new PR because of the tips I gave him, so that made me feel good.

Squats, bench, and deads tonight. Squats went well, more progression. Bench wasn't as good, and I missed my work 1st work set on the 4th rep; tried it again on the 2nd and failed after 2. Dropped it 10 lbs and got 5. Deloaded deads as instructed and worked up to 345 without issue and was able to do it without straps. My back feels a little tweaked (probably from Friday), and the deload period will hopefully help it recover.

One plus today was a guy at the gym that I'd talked with last week about deads and proper form told me he was able to add 70 lbs to his deadlift, and hit a new PR because of the tips I gave him, so that made me feel good.
Bench press weight?

Some idiot at the my gym just jumped up to grab a pull up bar but didn't get his pinky out of the way and two audible pops were heard. He proceeded to jump around, stomp his feet and curse really loud.

I am that idiot.

Bench press weight?

190 was what I failed today.

Some idiot at the my gym just jumped up to grab a pull up bar but didn't get his pinky out of the way and two audible pops were heard. He proceeded to jump around, stomp his feet and curse really loud.

I am that idiot.

Ouch, that doesn't sound fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back