Bridgestone HQ Visit

First, thank them and you for the opportunity to test the e12 soft. It is a great ball so far.

I would like to ask if they had any plans for a third ball, for sub 90 clubhead speeds.

We already have that. The e12 soft is designed for swing speeds under 105 and under 90, the gradational core allows the golf ball to be compressed at a wider range of swing speeds than a traditional solid core.

I've tried the Online Ball Fitting "Find My Ball" and the options to compare against other manufacturers is "Dated"

No TP5/T5X, AVX or QStar Tour as an example, Will this app get updated?

I've tried the Online Ball Fitting "Find My Ball" and the options to compare against other manufacturers is "Dated"

No TP5/T5X, AVX or QStar Tour as an example, Will this app get updated?

Great question. This will be updated tomorrow morning, so be on the look out.

Is there any chance that Bridgestone will offer a combo set of irons? Like the CB/MB or something like the J15 blade in the low irons. Can they be custom ordered?

Bridgestone HQ Visit

Is the BFit app coming to the IPhone? My App Store says it is not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Bryson DeChambeau playing their TourBX ball (or some variation of it), and him being into the science and physics of his equipment with such detail,
what do they feel that says about their ball technology? How much has having Tiger on board boosted the brand?

Is there any chance that Bridgestone will offer a combo set of irons? Like the CB/MB or something like the J15 blade in the low irons. Can they be custom ordered?

Combo sets exist in Japan, we are working on a plan to bring that to the US. No particulars right now, but potentially. No custom ordering of that at this time.

1 - They are in the Japanese market, it will make its way to the US, we just can't say when yet.
2 - We are working to update the website. We have new direction for our digital strategy, and we have brought in some new people to get some great updates coming soon.
3 - Sneds was the only one using it perviously, so that really hasn't changed.

This is great info from the source right here.

What about the strategy for 2019 and beyond will make your clubs as appealing to the US consumer as the J40 lineup, or even some of the J15 experience.

What sort of investment in the brand will there be for products outside of the golf ball in the US market?

The tour players you have selected to represent Bridgestone have been great ambassadors for your brand. Are you looking to grow your presence on tour ball/clubs or are strategic selection of players more important than quantity?

Have they seen a rise in ball sales as Tiger has been playing well and got his first win on tour in years? Or has it been pretty steady since he was first signed?

How about since Bryson hasn’t risen to being someone that has a chance to win any tournament?

Is the BFit app coming to the IPhone? My App Store says it is not available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's available now, but currently under maintenance, but should be back later this afternoon or tomorrow in the app store for iPhones.

With Bryson DeChambeau playing their TourBX ball (or some variation of it), and him being into the science and physics of his equipment with such detail,
what do they feel that says about their ball technology? How much has having Tiger on board boosted the brand?

Both Tiger and Bryson play the same ball you can purchase in the store. Here is a cool story, Tiger got to Shinnecock last year and got there before our tour rep was there and he didn't have any golf balls on him, so he just went into the tour shop and picked up some Bridgestone balls right off the shelf to hit.

As for Bryson, he is really big into quality control, he wants to know that ball #1 and ball #12 in a dozen are all exactly the same.

Both Tiger and Bryson play the same ball you can purchase in the store. Here is a cool story, Tiger got to Shinnecock last year and got there before our tour rep was there and he didn't have any golf balls on him, so he just went into the tour shop and picked up some Bridgestone balls right off the shelf to hit.

That is a really cool story! The same definitely can’t be said about all tour level balls.

What about the strategy for 2019 and beyond will make your clubs as appealing to the US consumer as the J40 lineup, or even some of the J15 experience.

What sort of investment in the brand will there be for products outside of the golf ball in the US market?

It starts with refocusing. We got to a position where we were launching a club line every year and we stretched ourselves thin. It's going back to works for us, the J40 was a great cycle for us. We are refocusing on what we are known for in the club space, and getting back to the basics if you will.

The tour players you have selected to represent Bridgestone have been great ambassadors for your brand. Are you looking to grow your presence on tour ball/clubs or are strategic selection of players more important than quantity?

What's interesting about our last three signings (Tiger, Bryson and Lexi), they came to us. They tested everything on the market and determined Bridgestone worked best for them. We have always been a quality over quantity, and right now we are focusing on our current players, we have three big college teams we sponsor, and we have a strong junior tour that we are focusing on. We will probably not anymore to our tour team this year, but we will continue and see what happens next year.

Have they seen a rise in ball sales as Tiger has been playing well and got his first win on tour in years? Or has it been pretty steady since he was first signed?

How about since Bryson hasn’t risen to being someone that has a chance to win any tournament?

Awareness in the brand certainly increases when Tiger plays. The ball tiger plays was our 3rd or 4th best selling tour ball and now it's the first. Most of the time we don't see a correlation between players and wins and product sales, but with Tiger you do.

As for Bryson, he definitely moves the needle. It's not as direct of a correlation as when Tiger wins, but it's definitely there, and picking up momentum.

It starts with refocusing. We got to a position where we were launching a club line every year and we stretched ourselves thin. It's going back to works for us, the J40 was a great cycle for us. We are refocusing on what we are known for in the club space, and getting back to the basics if you will.

happy to read this. I'll be following closely.

1 - They are in the Japanese market, it will make its way to the US, we just can't say when yet.
2 - We are working to update the website. We have new direction for our digital strategy, and we have brought in some new people to get some great updates coming soon.
3 - Sneds was the only one using it perviously, so that really hasn't changed.

thank you.
i would have prefer an early date but I appreciate the reply and the honesty :)

It's available now, but currently under maintenance, but should be back later this afternoon or tomorrow in the app store for iPhones.

As for Bryson, he is really big into quality control, he wants to know that ball #1 and ball #12 in a dozen are all exactly the same.

Does Byrson still do the salt immersion test?

What is the most important feedback difference from Tour Pros vs Amateurs?

What’s the coolest Tiger story you have?

In the video clip Tiger said he always played the Bridgestone ball even when it was another OEM was he playing current (at the time) iterations of the B330 line or a made for Tiger ball?

Do you plan on bringing out more of the limited edition badging on balls from the past ie the American Flag Made in USA and the Masters Azalea Ball?

Will you be making apparel available to the US Market?

do they see themselves releasing a more modern e5 ball? Perhaps 3 piece urethane at that $30-$35 mark to compete with Projec(a), QST, Wilson Professional, etc...

and yes I know e5 was a two-piece ball.

This is awesome. Answers directly from the source. Will definitely try and follow along tomorrow. Thanks JB & GolferGal!!!

Answers below

Does Byrson still do the salt immersion test? - Yes

What is the most important feedback difference from Tour Pros vs Amateurs? - Level of detail.

What’s the coolest Tiger story you have? - Heather being there at his Tour Championship win, and watching the crowd rush the greens. Adam playing golf with Tiger and Michael Jordon. Dan Murphy- dropping Tiger off to his private jet at the Atalanta airport and just soaking in the situation.

In the video clip Tiger said he always played the Bridgestone ball even when it was another OEM was he playing current (at the time) iterations of the B330 line or a made for Tiger ball? - This is the first time he is playing a retail golf ball.

Do you plan on bringing out more of the limited edition badging on balls from the past ie the American Flag Made in USA and the Masters Azalea Ball? - We will do it, but it will be very limited to coincide with an event, it won't be national availability like it has been in the past.

Will you be making apparel available to the US Market? - No, we are going to stick to what we are the best in the world at - Dan Murphy

Not a question but those TOUR B JGR HF2 5-AW look like a sweet iron set.

Back