Misophonia. Anyone else suffer?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
So many times, like right now, I want to strangle someone simply because they are chomping on their food.

I actually got up and moved because the guy next to me at the bar was crunching down on some chips while blowing his nose in his napkin.

This is not something that I want to even notice, but it drives me nuts!

Anyone else have this disorder - not just food related?

Posted by my thumbs.

Chomping. Crunching. Slurping. Gulping. Biting silverware. It all drives me nuts.

If you can't chew with your mouth closed you should be popped in the jaw, just a disgusting habit for people.

We have one guy in our office (small single wide trailer) that everyone wants to choke because of this very reason.

Luckily for him it bothers a different person every day.

He better hope it never bothers us all on the same day. :banghead:

We have one guy in our office (small single wide trailer) that everyone wants to choke because of this very reason.

Luckily for him it bothers a different person every day.

He better hope it never bothers us all on the same day. :banghead:
I'm not sure it's something that is caused by the other party.

For me it makes no difference as to whom is the offender. Sometimes the sound just triggers a raw emotion of anger and hatred.

What does this guy do?

Posted by my thumbs.

I just turn my hearing aids off when that happens - problem solved

What does this guy do?

He's the worst chomper I've ever been around, especially chips. He also moans a lot while he's eating. Usually I just put my headphones on until he's done with lunch.

Certain people's voices. Doesn't matter what they're saying, just can't stand to hear them talk.

He's the worst chomper I've ever been around, especially chips. He also moans a lot while he's eating. Usually I just put my headphones on until he's done with lunch.
Oh man, I cringed just thinking about the moaning.

Posted by my thumbs.

Oh man, I cringed just thinking about the moaning.

He's really a nice guy tho, and I think that's what has saved him.

Definitely! Some folks seem to speak at a resonant frequency!

Posted by my thumbs.

Oh, it's not necessarily about the frequency. It's just that they're idiots!

Wouldn't that be more annoyed by what they speak of?

Posted by my thumbs.
Nope. Just can't stand the sound of their voice.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

i always thought it was just a sensory issue. i absolutely have it, and my oldest has it. we had him in occupational therapy for a couple years to work through it and now he has the tools to regulate himself. can’t say the same about me, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back