Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
2019 holiday season is up in the air this year. I'm usually in Hawaii, but both my wife and I want to do something different.

I was originally pushing for the Swiss Alps, and when she said she didn't want snow, I suggested southern Italy.

Now she's saying she wants somewhere tropical.

I want Boracay, she wants somewhere slightly more practical. So it very well could be Bali.

Anyone have any reccos on golf? Is it worth bringing my clubs?

Posted by my thumbs.

Reviving this thread for my own purposes :devilish:

Likely going for my honeymoon next April and want to hit 1 or 2 courses as we travel around the southern half of Bali. Any recommendations or value adds? Able to rent clubs easily? Places to stay to easily play?

All advice welcome.

Likely going for my honeymoon next April and want to hit 1 or 2 courses as we travel around the southern half of Bali. Any recommendations or value adds? Able to rent clubs easily? Places to stay to easily play?

All advice welcome.
I didn't end up going to Bali in 2019. We wound up back in Hawaii. I would really like to make it out that way soon.

All advice welcome.

It's been a few years since I've been due to Covid but have played a few times in Bali.

I really recommend Bali National. Have played there half a dozen times and always enjoy it.

New Kuta Golf Club was good and would play there again but I didn't rate it as highly as Bali National.

Bukit Pandawa is nice if you're interested in playing an all par 3 course. I played it once, glad I did for the experience but wouldn't go back again.

I used to book all my golf through www.easygolfbali.com. I found they were cheaper than booking direct with the course and could arrange transport for you.

If you're looking to play with a group / competition, Ramah International Golf Club (www.ramahgolfbali.com) are based at New Kuta and run regular competitions that make overseas visitors welcome. They play at all the golf clubs, not just New Kuta.

Our favourite resort to stay at is Padma Resort Legian (www.padmaresortlegian.com). They have the best breakfast I've ever had with the biggest choice of food.

Any other questions just ask and I'll try to answer. I'm in Perth, Western Australia which is only a 3.5 hour flight so we used to holiday in Bali more than other parts of Australia.

Back