THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

That's pretty easy on the eyes. I might just be looking forward to this experience........a lot!

Wait are you telling me we have two Carolina's in this country?

Well yeah. There's North Carolina and the place where we buy fireworks.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Just to help yall out with the slow play on this course. There is some good distance between holes so that adds a little, but looking for balls is pretty much pointless. If you see that your ball went into the natural brush you will 9 out of 10 times be taking a drop. The stuff is super thick in the summer, thorns, oh and some snakes. If you do see your ball its not worth the blood loss that will occur from trying to get in there to hit it.

Sold you said snakes!

It will be interesting to see who sticks around and stays engaged with the Teams. True colors never run.

I am still around, I am still reading, commenting on, and starting threads that interest me. Other than congrats to the participants, I have not seen or had much to contribute to this thread since Monday. Basically leaving this thread to the participants. I still plan on coming up for the event and hope to join other THPers in a round that day.

T2GRN is absolutely right though, each person can choose to deal with that how they may and with a full schedule of awesome events this year including some pretty darn grand events, we hope they continue to be a part of the community.

Not sure what the expectation is from those that didn't get selected other than participating in threads that they have an interest. Yes, there are great events happening this year; however, not everyone has the means or opportunity to travel to them.

Not sure what the expectation is from those that didn't get selected other than participating in threads that they have an interest. Yes, there are great events happening this year; however, not everyone has the means or opportunity to travel to them.

People can THP any way they would like to.

... and I thank you for that. I feel no pressure to pretend I'm anything other than me here.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Well yeah. There's North Carolina and the place where we buy fireworks.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mikedean441
So now that the fields are set, and the formats are known, what kind of golfer benefits/compliments you most as a partner?

Do you need length off the tee to have shorter iron shots, need someone with a good short game, or a good putter...etc?

I copied this from the Ohio Michigan thread.... What do you think???

Good question.

I think I have a well-rounded game, but I think I would mesh well with someone who is consistent off the tee. Don't need length necessarily but someone who can hit it straight.

Just to help yall out with the slow play on this course. There is some good distance between holes so that adds a little, but looking for balls is pretty much pointless. If you see that your ball went into the natural brush you will 9 out of 10 times be taking a drop. The stuff is super thick in the summer, thorns, oh and some snakes. If you do see your ball its not worth the blood loss that will occur from trying to get in there to hit it.

I can second what Lynchburg14 says. Was helping him look for a ball and found one just inside the thick rough. When I pulled my arm out I had about 20 thorns in my arm.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mikedean441
So now that the fields are set, and the formats are known, what kind of golfer benefits/compliments you most as a partner?

Do you need length off the tee to have shorter iron shots, need someone with a good short game, or a good putter...etc?

I copied this from the Ohio Michigan thread.... What do you think???

A player longer off the tee compliments me the most. My lack of length off the tee keeps shorter irons / wedges out of my hand, and that is a strength of my game generally. Personality wise, someone who knows bad shots will be hit but can focus on the next shot is best, but I really can get along with pretty much anyone. Main thing to remember is to have fun - if you aren't, then why do it?

Wasn't disputing that people can't THP any way they want. The comments made in the posts I quoted were about those not selected seemingly disappearing.

Oh here is what you can expect to see from the back of the clubhouse at 7:00 the morning of.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-02%20at%207.57.06%20PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]
10 is a great hole with the most ridiculous green.

I am still around, I am still reading, commenting on, and starting threads that interest me. Other than congrats to the participants, I have not seen or had much to contribute to this thread since Monday. Basically leaving this thread to the participants. I still plan on coming up for the event and hope to join other THPers in a round that day.

Expectations? I personally don't have one for anybody that wasn't selected. However, I would love to see you and everyone else join us in the prep towards July. A round of golf, with some of the team members from both sides, asking questions, giving suggestions, talk strategy, there are several ways to stay involved in this thread and any other regional rivalry thread. I said it long ago in this thread and I will repeat it again. We (DMV) are a team. This team is being fielded by the 8 of us. However we represent the entire region. We want anybody and everybody that is interested in supporting us, this event , and THP to challenge us.

Expectations? I personally don't have one for anybody that wasn't selected. However, I would love to see you and everyone else join us in the prep towards July. A round of golf, with some of the team members from both sides, asking questions, giving suggestions, talk strategy, there are several ways to stay involved in this thread and any other regional rivalry thread. I said it long ago in this thread and I will repeat it again. We (DMV) are a team. This team is being fielded by the 8 of us. However we represent the entire region. We want anybody and everybody that is interested in supporting us, this event , and THP to challenge us.

All of those are possible options. Just haven't seen anything that I felt I could add to a discussion. For those that aren't familiar with the course, I am happy to try and answer those questions and I have said numerous times I am supporting the team and will be there for the event. Only reason I commented was I felt as though those of us not selected were being chastised for not posting after the completion of the team. Enough said on this topic, congrats to all the participants, and good luck to both teams.

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

All of those are possible options. Just haven't seen anything that I felt I could add to a discussion. For those that aren't familiar with the course, I am happy to try and answer those questions and I have said numerous times I am supporting the team and will be there for the event. Only reason I commented was I felt as though those of us not selected were being chastised for not posting after the completion of the team. Enough said on this topic, congrats to all the participants, and good luck to both teams.

Certainly wasn't a chastising, it's all good dude, looking forward to seeing your input.

Last edited:
I look forward to helping team DMV prep for this anyway I can. I feel so far away being in southern east-by-God (in the middle of nowhere) Maryland, but plan to make some local rounds to ensure the team is trending in the right direction when possible.

As far as the forum I'm not going anywhere and I definitely plan to make the event to show my support.

rifle1.jpg

Reading through this thread put these on my mind again

rifle1.jpg

Reading through this thread put these on my mind again

This event has got me wanting some true temper shafts. I've been playing kbs tour shafts for quite some time and would love to go to a tt shaft.

My wedges have dg s400's and I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that true Temper was willing to sponsor these events it makes it difficult to know how to thank them. I guess the best I can do is make sure their shafts are always part of my decision making process on new clubs in the future. They certainly appear to be a first class company. For what it's worth, Thanks True Temper!!

Good time for this.

Having a sponsor like True Temper. What's does it mean to you as a participant, and more importantly a THPer.

Considering that true Temper was willing to sponsor these events it makes it difficult to know how to thank them. I guess the best I can do is make sure their shafts are always part of my decision making process on new clubs in the future. They certainly appear to be a first class company. For what it's worth, Thanks True Temper!!
Yep. They are definitely one of the OEMS that "get it"

I think they would say, when you are considering a shaft. Do their online fitting or better yet go to an authorized fitter and find the shaft they offer that best fits your profile and buy it.

Ha ha. Honestly I think they are comments enough that if people give their shafts and honext look, they'll take their chances on which way you go.

I know I've had several TT sets over the years and with only one exception they were great for me. And that exception was the result of an inexperienced fitter and both TT and Mizuno made it good.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'm really interested in trying the Hzrdus line after listening to THP radio.

Good time for this.

Having a sponsor like True Temper. What's does it mean to you as a participant, and more importantly a THPer.

It means, to me, there is a golf company out there that hasn't lost the personal touch. Their customer service is outstanding which means anytime I have a question about their shafts or how it relates to my game they are there to answer it. They understand how much most golfers love the game and then go out and try to make the best shafts for that individual so that he can enjoy it to the fullest. I'm sure there are more creative ways for them to spend their advertising dollars but they choose to promote their company not just to the masses but to small groups like us. Special company run by special people!!

Good time for this.

Having a sponsor like True Temper shows that they listen and care what people want. Seeing them involved makes it easier to interact with them, I have been contemplating new shafts this year and I definitely will be going with True Temper.

Back