THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

If you havent responded to the PM that GolferGal sent regards t guaranteeing your spot, I suggest you do so soon. There are a bunch of THPers that would like said spot.

I call dibs on the first deadbeat spot :banana:

Wonder if JB is going to bust Deans chops in the next THP Radio episode about this rivalry...

I call dibs on the first deadbeat spot :banana:

And I'll be waiting in the wings for the opposite team.......you know.....the better one :)

Hey, ya never know. Things do sometimes happen. In the mean time we can instigate some trash talk from the sidelines. You know, like how we only need 2 states to beat 6.

Now that the teams are complete does it feel that much more like Spring to everyone else? I feel like thoughts of Winter just disappeared!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally does. My mind went into fast forward

Wonder if JB is going to bust Deans chops in the next THP Radio episode about this rivalry...

Oh that would be awesome, get the captains on to chat about the event and get a little bit of "friendly" banter going.

And I'll be waiting in the wings for the opposite team.......you know.....the better one :)

Hey, ya never know. Things do sometimes happen. In the mean time we can instigate some trash talk from the sidelines. You know, like how we only need 2 states to beat 6.

That makes us 3x stronger on paper, correct? I can live with that

absolutely. I love that thought process. Things to happen and it seems with a lot of events someone has to drop out for one reason or another. Those who say active will always get the first look.

Oh and LOL on the 2 to beat 6. So true...

I thought I would post this in all the Regional Rivalries...

Okay so here is my question and I think it serves well. I think for the community, these THP Regional Rivalries, and our sponsors.

Now that the teams are set how do you proceed to represent these events knowing that a MVP spot is on the line. TrueTemper is opening their doors for a lucky person from each of the three regional rivalries. You know the requirements to be named MVP...so what do you focus on???

Addition: Are you shooting for MVP? Three parts 1. Play 2. Sportsmanship 3. Social Media. Where do you lack and where do you excel?

I don't know how you can be involved in this event and NOT shoot for MVP. True Temper and THP are providing an experience that is basically impossible to get otherwise, and the education the MVPs are going to get is going to be something special.

Of the three different aspects, there's something to work on with each. Obviously I'm looking to get my game in the best possible position ahead of the event. As for sportsmanship - I think, as captain of a team, this is of utmost importance. Yes, we're out there to win and compete, but at the end of the day my team's behavior on the course reflects back on me. So, that's probably my biggest priority as part of my building of a team from a set of guys. And I could always improve my social media game.

wouldn't matter, I always get the final say on that show hehe
And no we did not talk about RR, however it will be available for all to hear on Sunday.

wouldn't matter, I always get the final say on that show hehe
And no we did not talk about RR, however it will be available for all to hear on Sunday.

Looking forward to listening, I have a funny feeling Josh would have the final say if it involved putting you on the hot seat. Lol

absolutely. I love that thought process. Things to happen and it seems with a lot of events someone has to drop out for one reason or another. Those who say active will always get the first look.

Oh and LOL on the 2 to beat 6. So true...

Just because you have a million billion people don't forget where this country started.

you want to bring US History in to this? Fine then, your NE team is about as impressive as Plymouth Rock.

you want to bring US History in to this? Fine then, your NE team is about as impressive as Plymouth Rock.

That rock is pretty awesome.

Since this was posted in the other RR thread, I think it should go here too.
Just remember captains, 1st round is going to come up soon, so get your ideas together.

The first round will be blind drawing.
The second will be at meet and greet and will be one team calls a team, the other then calls a team. To be fair, because we need to setup live scoring, the two captains will meet me a bit before meet and greet to do this and then it will be announced when everybody arrives.

I like it. Will get some ideas down on paper. How soon are we talking about?

Blind draw? I like it! We'll be ready for the entire Team NE!

The first round will be blind drawing.

Just curious how a blind draw works in regards to a wide range of handicaps for those participating?

Just curious how a blind draw works in regards to a wide range of handicaps for those participating?

The event is handicapped. So it makes no difference.

Speaking of matchups what matches would everyone be interested in seeing?

Back