Ben Hogan putter released soon?

justincredible

Reaction score
Handicap
Image posted on twitter today. Looks like putter face milling to me. I will say I was a bit disappointed with their 3.4.19 release of black wedges, but it appears that wasn't the end of it.

D06ElP8W0AA6AUx.jpg

hopefully it doesn't look like an anvil, like the some of the Hogan releases from Bettinardi

afRWpjK.jpg
06zPKSt.jpg

Putter is what I was thinking when I saw that image also. I actually wasn't disappointed by the 3/4 black wedges as I would like to be able to get just a 54 and 58 instead of having the option to buy only a set of 3.

Might sound weird to say but... I hope they don't. I want them to be totally all in on the irons and wedges they produce (I know they do hybrids) and they will only be copying shapes that everyone else does.
Once again I know everyone copies off of each other but I don't see what hogan will do different in a putter than anyone else.

Putter would, IMO, be a bold move for them at this point...

Putter is what I was thinking when I saw that image also. I actually wasn't disappointed by the 3/4 black wedges as I would like to be able to get just a 54 and 58 instead of having the option to buy only a set of 3.

I should say, my disappointment was only because I thought that was it. Once I realized more was coming down the pike I was okay with it, because they are very nice looking wedges.

I'm not in the market for anything new right now but if they come out with a putter I will definitely consider it; depending on shape.

I should say, my disappointment was only because I thought that was it. Once I realized more was coming down the pike I was okay with it, because they are very nice looking wedges.
Understand. I was probably expecting a little bigger splash also, but the wedges are amazing and black in the higher lofted wedges will help with glare reduction. I'm sure they had numerous requests to sell them individually.

Interested if LH versions.

If it's a putter in pretty excited about it. I've been a fan of Ben Hogan since their return and being a putter ho I'm naturally interested.

Looks pretty similar to the face milling on one of my TP Mills putters
58efa299be5e86d11778b8ce86ab953e.jpg

Back