Kenny Giannini Putters Thread

X.Man

Reaction score
Handicap
Didn't see a dedicated Thread so This will serve as the thread for all things Kenny Giannini Putters.

THP reviewed the G6 flow neck. That review can be found here:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/kenny-giannini-putter-review-g6-flow-neck/

From the website:

Producing the finest putters in the world is an art and Kenny Giannini Putters is the pinnacle of that art, setting a standard unparalleled by other putter manufacturers. Those who have used a Kenny Giannini Putter agree that there is no finer putting instrument made in the world of golf today. All of our putters are billet milled; solid one-piece, carbon steel putters that incorporate our milled Soft Slotted Face Technology (SSFT) slotted sole. The weight, the look and the feel of the ball off the face, sets Kenny Giannini Putters apart from the competition. Made in the U.S.A., our putters continue to provide the type of confidence that only a finely crafted product can provide. No matter what model you select, we think you’ll agree that this is the finest putter you’ve ever owned. We are confident that once you’ve put one of our models in your hands, you’ll settle for nothing less! Please enjoy our new retail website. We look forward to serving you.
Kenny Giannini Putters: The Look. The Feel. The Balance of Winning!

Kenny has been crafting putters for some 35 years, beginning in the mid 1980’s at the Ben Hogan Company. He then moved to Cleveland Golf, where he pioneered one of the first completely milled putter designs in the release of the classic Cleveland KG milled putter line. After several years at Cleveland, he moved on to Mizuno Golf, eventually designing his own line of milled putter heads.With over 100 wins on the PGA Tour, Kenny Giannini designed putter heads have become part of the history of Professional Golf, with top players of each generation choosing the Giannini look, feel, balance and consistency of his putters.Once Kenny finished his tenure at Mizuno Golf, he continued consulting for major golf manufacturers and putter head designers while developing and marketing his own line of putters, utilizing tried and true designs while improving their performance. “We’re not looking to reinvent the wheel, just make it better” says Kenny. We believe that once you get a Kenny Giannini putter in your hands, you’ll agree that this is exactly what he has accomplished.Kenny has mentored and consulted with some of the top names in golf and has mentored the top putter designers in the game today.Now Kenny has recreated his own brand of putters, “the best I’ve ever done”, by his own admission. At Kenny Giannini Putters, we are proud to say with confidence that our new putters are the best you’ve ever used.
Kenny Giannini Putters: 35 years of precision putting!

The Putters:

[h=2]G-1 Slimline[/h]The sleek top line of the G-1 Kenny Giannini putter, combined with the non-glare 003 finish (PVD), weight and Soft Slotted Face Technology (SSFT), is a classic, born again. The traditional look of the G-1 is designed for those putting purists who seek the ‘feel’ of a weighted putter head. The curved flow of the back provides the look; the weight of 358 gram head provides the substance and the Soft Slotted Face Technology (SSFT) underside of the G-1, provides the feel. This putter is designed for those who have a slightly arched stroke. Releasing the toe naturally allows the putter head to square to your original line. The soft milled face keeps the ball rolling consistently down the line at an optimum speed.

Available in right and left handed models. 003 finish only.

G1-Face-Black.jpg

G1-Black-Top.jpg

G1-LH-back-960x849.jpg

[h=2]G-2 Chubby[/h]This wider look is very popular and provides the same Soft Slotted Face Technology (SSFT) as all of the Kenny Giannini putter models. Again, a 358 gram head, this model comes in our Platinum finish only. Measured at 3.5 degrees of loft, 71 degrees lie and available in lengths of 34-inches and 35-inches, the G-2 has become one of our more popular models. Nothing is compromised including look, balance and feel. The G-2 has become a classic model for the player looking for a ‘meatier’ looking putting instrument.Available in right handed models only.

G2-Platinum-Face-960x640.jpg

G2-Platinum-Back-960x640.jpg

G2-Platinum-Top-960x640.jpg

[h=2]G-3 Slimline II[/h]G-3 Slimline II is discontinued.Limited Supply – While Supplies LastThe sleek top line of the G-3 Kenny Giannini putter is what draws seasoned players to this model. The classic Slimline II look, complimented by the Kenny Giannini Soft Slotted Face Technology (SSFT) and the feel of the ball off of the face is what separates this model from other manufacturers putters. At 358 grams, this putter has mass behind the milled face complimented by the soft feel of a quality putter. Traditionalists will love the Kenny Giannini G-3 putter. Available in right handed models and Platinum finish only.

G3-Platinum-Face-960x640.jpg

G3-Platinum-Top-960x640.jpg

[h=2]G-4 No-Neck[/h]The G4 No Neck sports the same body as the G2 and utilizes several different shaft mountings and configurations creating both face balanced and toe hang models. It sports a wider look front to back. The face balanced design (center shafted and heel shafted models) is popular with players who have more of a ‘straight-back, straight-through’ putting stroke. While the set back, double bend shafted model is usually preferred by the player who releases the club through impact. The set back double bend model (SBDB) has approximately 10% toe hang.The shaft can be mounted centered, set back towards the heel (1/4″+) or heel mounted. All of the G4 shaft configurations, except heel mounted, are available with straight in or double bend shafts. The G4 heel shafted model is available in double bend shafts only. All G4 putters are available in right and left handed models and our 003 non-glare finish (gun metal grey)

G4-SBDB-Face-Black-960x640.jpg

G4-SBDB-Black-Top-960x640.jpg

G4-CS-LH-960x640.jpg

[h=2]G-5 Mallet[/h]Weighing in at some 370 grams, the G-5 putter design has become popular with those players who desire a face balanced mallet. The sleek, yet wide, look of this mallet, coupled with the feel and balance of a quality putter is the key to its success. The Platinum finish is not only attractive but provides less glare off of the top of this very consistent model. Again, the Soft Slotted Face Technology (SSFT) is the key to this putter’s effectiveness. The G-5 is available in right handed putters only and can be purchased in our Platinum finish only.

G5-HSDB-Platinum-Face-960x640.jpg

G5-HSDB-Platinum-top-960x640.jpg

[h=2]G6 “Flow Neck”[/h]The G6 Flow Neck is a classic putter that incorporates our trademarked and patented ‘Soft Slotted Face Technology’, 1/4 offset, a short flow neck and a head weight of 358 grams. With 3/4 toe hang, it is designed for the inside-sqaure to inside putting stroke. This gem is available in right handed models only and both our new ‘003’ non-glare and Platinum finishes.

G6-face.jpg

G6-back.jpg

G6-top.jpg

[h=2]G7 “Classic Blade”[/h]G7 “Classic Blade” is discontinued.Limited Supply – While Supplies LastThe name says it all! This simple yet elegant design incorporates a tapered flange, plumbers neck with full offset, a 348 gram head weight, a sight dot and our ‘Soft Slotted Face Technology’. G7 – Available in right handed models only with our new ‘003’ non-glare finish.

G7-face.jpg

G7-back.jpg

G7-top.jpg

[h=2]G8 “Classic Blade II”[/h]The G8 provides a cavity back design for higher MOI, a 348 gram head and a classic look and feel. Off the face the ball feels like butter, incorporating our SSFT technology. The G8 is available in right handed models only and is available in our new Platinum finish.

G8-back.jpg

G8-top.jpg

[h=2]G10 “Radius”[/h]The G10 design incorporates a radius sole, center shafted design and a can’t miss attitude. Available in both right and left handed models the G10 ‘Radius’ comes in either our new ‘003’ or Platinum finishes. You won’t believe the look, feel and balance of this putter.

G10-face.jpg

G10-back.jpg

G10-top.jpg

Last edited:
The G4 and G-10 look ridiculously nice, would seriously consider gaming one of those

I've owned one, the G4 no-neck, which is fantastic. Sold it to Panda and that was a tough one to let go.

Kenny makes a HELL of a good putter, and I want to add another back into my collection. Well, actually, I just did.

I'm sorry, these do nothing for me.
I mean these shapes are "Standard Shapes" that are seen from countless other putter brands.
I think the boutique putter should include creative yet functional designs, premium milling, and or finishes.

I could be off in my thinking. Just my opinion.

Edit.
OK I like the G10....!

c8333cd9d4dafa97fb5abd09acb522fe.jpg
087545b1b2a9aa96aabe09eddeae1063.jpg

I just picked up the G5 mallet but almost went with the G2 chubby. A buddy of mine rolled with a lefty G4 offset yesterday. I tried the G6 flow neck recently and LOVED it! That fueled my recent G5 purchase

I mean these shapes are "Standard Shapes" that are seen from countless other putter brands.
I think the boutique putter should include creative yet functional designs, premium milling, and or finishes.

Edit.
OK I like the G10....!

FWIW, Kenny is a legend in the putter world, he's been around a VERY long time and as such, you could consider him a traditionalist. They look much better in hand and his black finish is silly good, Hawk did a good job of capturing it in his review that Xavier linked in the OP. The standard shape thing can always be said about every brand, its even grown to where the #7 style is basically a standard offering with a lot of makers now, but I totally get what you mean. From a quality standpoint, I can tell you they are as good as anything I have ever owned/collected/reviewed/gamed (and I have used a fair few over the years....ADDICT! LOL). Nice thing though, its just another option in a market full of them, and we definitely don't all have to like the same things with all of these fantastic options out there.

For those curious about Kenny, solid background here, the man has a LOT of history in putters: http://kennygianniniputters.com/about-kenny/

Kenny Giannini Putters Thread

Edit.
OK I like the G10....!

I agree with this some what but I don't think KG is really a boutique putter. Maybe not as well-known as others but he is an almost all PGA superstores. Now I don't think you'll find a Lajosi, TP Mills, Byron Morgan, Mann Krafted etc.. in a big box store and Those to me are maybe What I would consider a boutique putter.

For the price point that they come in at, which On the website they are $349 but at PGA SS almost all of them go for $299, I think these offer are a good milled option for those looking for a milled putter with a high End feel

I just picked up the G5 mallet but almost went with the G2 chubby. A buddy of mine rolled with a lefty G4 offset yesterday. I tried the G6 flow neck recently and LOVED it! That fueled my recent G5 purchase

s-l1600.jpg

I've owned one, the G4 no-neck, which is fantastic. Sold it to Panda and that was a tough one to let go.

Kenny makes a HELL of a good putter, and I want to add another back into my collection. Well, actually, I just did.
Which one did you add? I'm seriously considering the G10 now that my parents are paying for most of club clash as a birthday present
edit: noticed you bought the g5, looks amazing

Last edited:
Which one did you add? I'm seriously considering the G10 now that my parents are paying for most of club clash as a birthday present
edit: noticed you bought the g5, looks amazing

I bought the G5 I think Jman bought the G2 Chubby

That G3 looks perfect for me

Like the looks of the G-2. Thanks for posting X.

That G10 is pretty slick looking. Would put it in the collection. But not sure I would game it.

No Necks look nice

I brought a G2 Chubby after reading the initial review on here. After playing it for almost 2 years I replaced it with 2135 8.0, yesterday I put the G2 back in the bag and its not coming out for the foreseeable future. I seem to remember reading somewhere they do different models for the Asia market which are slightly more exotic compared to his domestic US models.

DSC_1014-XL.jpg

DSC_1013-XL.jpg

DSC_1017-XL.jpg

DSC_1019-XL.jpg

DSC_1022-XL.jpg

DSC_1021-XL.jpg

DSC_1023-XL.jpg

DSC_1029-XL.jpg

Man that's Gorgeous!! Dude I was about to post mine that came in yesterday but my photos are nowhere near your quality!! Haha

25f7d117e142427454aad38a28f1cf18.jpg
4b49825785c615a29e8c231044775a12.jpg
3cda453e3d194c216c5a73e56f5af8fd.jpg
014ad7264f07ff11e94bf6261d92d26a.jpg
4dfcf39a23151c25670f011ae8cdff85.jpg

Still in my collection!

Very nice quality.
G2 & G4 look interesting to me.

The G5 I've been rolling is hot off the face. I like the 370g weight but getting used to the speed off this one.

I would roll a g-1 in a heartbeat. Thanks for starting up the thread!

The G5 I've been rolling is hot off the face. I like the 370g weight but getting used to the speed off this one.
That's a great weight.

Back