Iron headcovers - Yes or no?

Iron headcovers - Yes or no?

• Total voters
I use them.

A loooong time ago I used iron head covers for 1 1/2 seasons. I kept losing them so I dumped them all and never went back.

Absolutely no on club condoms for me.

Club chatter is beautiful.

Yep, I use iron covers. I keep a cover on every club in my bag.

Also, I just thought about this, but I clean my tools after I've used them, as well. Just a quick wipe down, but I don't want get auto oil on my hands when I grab my ratchet, nor would I like to slip on a ladder that's caked with mud from the last time I cleaned my gutters.

I feel like if you pay the money on anything worth buying, I should at least take the time to try to make it stay nice, as I'd initially intended.

-Bishop

I'm another iron cover user. I first got them when I got my brand new Ping i20's years ago. They were my first real irons (read not knock offs) and I wanted them to remain pristine for as long as I could keep them that way. I've since moved to a new set of Cleveland Launchers but kept the head covers. Only problems are that I've lost several over the years so the numbers on the iron covers don't match some of the irons anymore (but I know which iron is which) and the Launchers get rather wide for the lower lofted clubs. That means no iron covers for the 4i and 5i. I probably should get some hybrid covers for those two clubs to fix that, lol.

Surprisingly, the yeses are holding their own and the "other than nos" are putting a beatdown on the nos.

Absolutely no on club condoms for me.

Club chatter is beautiful.

I'd shyt my britches if I had 3 Epic Flash clubs banging around getting dings in them, but I guess we're all different. :clown:

I have used them in the past. Will never use them again unless I put them on to travel. Then take them off as soon as I get my destination.

I'd shyt my britches if I had 3 Epic Flash clubs banging around getting dings in them, but I guess we're all different. :clown:

Headcovers on woods are a completely different situation. Those are always kept on. Iron covers are a no go for me.

You're a better man than I. If I knew something so irrelevant was offending someone, I'd draw more attention to it.

Well, that’s shocking.

At this point I’m a no. I’m in the camp of those that have tried them. Mainly during travel to and from course. I also lost many and it became a pain taking them off and on. So I am now in the no camp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that’s shocking.

I mean, if it's something crazy that I'm doing that's annoying someone, I would take note, but if it's something irrelevant as this, I'd probably exploit it. I mean, what if someone was annoyed because you used your golf bag to store all your clubs during the round? Would you stop? No, because that's what it was designed to do. Headcovers were designed to be put on the clubhead so why would I try to change that?

Solid yes, & I voted.
Keeps the bag clatter from nicking irons. You all use head covers on your woods & putter, right. Why not use covers on your irons too? Takes 1 to 2 seconds to pull them off slip them back on.

No headcover on my putter except for air travel. I use a headcover on my driver and one of my fairway woods. No need for a headcover on my 3rd wood because it between the other two in my bag. I’ve never seen the logic of trying to prevent bag chatter on a club that I’m swing at 80+ mph into grass, dirt, sand, etc. Besides, I enjoy the sound and look of bag chatter, it soothes my soul.

BTW, I have not seen iron covers in my foursome more that a handful of times in the last 1,000 rounds.

Out of curiosity, for those who say they only use the headcovers for travel, why do you feel it's important during travel, but not any other time? What's the worst that could happen to them intransit? More chatter? If chatter is welcomed, then why use them during travel?

Out of curiosity, for those who say they only use the headcovers for travel, why do you feel it's important during travel, but not any other time? What's the worst that could happen to them intransit? More chatter? If chatter is welcomed, then why use them during travel?

I only use headcovers on my woods during a round and not on my putter or irons. The only reason I use them on my woods is the graphite/composite head construction is much more fragile than my forged irons.

When flying I use the putter headcover to help cushion the blow from careless baggage handlers. I’ve had driver shafts broken and putter hosels bent from air travel and the headcover on the putter helps lessen that chance.

As I’ve said in one of these thread a year or two ago, iron headcovers are the pocket protectors of golf. :act-up:

Last edited:
i don't need to use them, but eh whatever i think they're nice. they naturally slot in with each other and become dead silent

extra length, leather, magnetic closure

x4mXIEx.jpg

I use em and damn proud of it.

Polls don't show on Tapatalk.

A resounding NO for me.

Even though I don’t use them now, I went ahead and said yes in anticipation of getting new irons this spring. I keep head covers on my driver, 3W, hybrids and putter so I don’t see why I wouldn’t. But I do hope to find some that look decent.

I use these...
7ce7399f5382b8b8e5bb34b4c92d3ecb.jpg

The think that cracks me up is guys with cast clubs who use headcovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard no here, hard no.

Poll doesn’t show for me (Tapatalk). I’m a negatory on iron covers though.

Back