Iron headcovers - Yes or no?

Iron headcovers - Yes or no?

• Total voters
Irons are so expensive, brand new fitted ones often $150+ per club. Why not try to keep them looking decent, particularly if made from a very soft metal that will ding? I've used them on AP2s so far, but don't know if I will stick with it. I don't want to see them look like crap though. My Ping G15s are tanks, no need for covers with those!

Dave

The think that cracks me up is guys with cast clubs who use headcovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the manufacturing method have to do with it? If the metal is soft enough, it'll ding. The club doesn't know it was cast.

What's the manufacturing method have to do with it? If the metal is soft enough, it'll ding. The club doesn't know it was cast.

A cast club will not ding.

But back to the question, hell on on iron covers.

A cast club will not ding.

But back to the question, hell on on iron covers.

My cast clubs must not have been told they were cast then. Hmmm... they must be special.

c402597a7f76454564ffb9580b194cb4.gif

I voted.

Nope

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I love you guys. You're fun.

Former caddie speaking - iron covers and tubes (the predecessor of the 14 way bag) were a nightmare for a loop. For that reason, I would never use them. If you ever use a caddie, please ditch them for the round.

If you don’t normally use a caddie, I don’t see the harm as long as it doesn’t slow down play.

IMO I hate the look - they just look like a bad loop.

They do if you select the web view.
cc939d5582c1d56b541b1e2a47d7edb1.jpg
Not for me. When I hit Web View, the Tapatalk icon flashes on the screen and then the post pretty much just refreshes and leaves me at the last post in the thread.

I tried to access THP from the browser but once I hit Forum, it defaults to Tapatalk. I'm not smart enough to figure this out and too lazy to fire up the Mac.

Former caddie speaking - iron covers and tubes (the predecessor of the 14 way bag) were a nightmare for a loop. For that reason, I would never use them. If you ever use a caddie, please ditch them for the round.

If you don’t normally use a caddie, I don’t see the harm as long as it doesn’t slow down play.

IMO I hate the look - they just look like a bad loop.

Tubes suck. I did it for a short time, but they really, really, did I say really sucked.

Headcovers are nowhere near the realm of tubes.

Tubes sucked.

Headcovers are good.

Tubes sucked.

Not for me. When I hit Web View, the Tapatalk icon flashes on the screen and then the post pretty much just refreshes and leaves me at the last post in the thread.

I tried to access THP from the browser but once I hit Forum, it defaults to Tapatalk. I'm not smart enough to figure this out and too lazy to fire up the Mac.
That's weird.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I use these...
7ce7399f5382b8b8e5bb34b4c92d3ecb.jpg

Yeah, I’m not going through that much trouble and say NO. I use covers on woods & my putter. Everything else can get beat up.
I wrap a towel around them when I fly, with a stiff arm and that’s as close as it gets.

This is really weird. I use the Golf Now app and go out as a single with a hot deal adding onto an existing 3some at least every other week because I end up with an unplanned day off (or rather work went better than expected and I randomly get a weekend day).

I've been playing for 2 years now, paired up with 3 people I've probably been paired up with 160 random people and I have only once seen someone use headcovers. And that guy was a coworker!

I'm shocked yes is getting so many votes!

Myself, I use the Ogio Silencer bag, I don't have club covers but it locks the heads in place so they don't bang together.

Whiskey

We should have an iron headcovers users outing!

We should have an iron headcovers users outing!

all Internet Golfers drive 300 and never use iron covers or carts

reality is much different, and I bet more people have a ball retriever than would admit it

No I don’t use iron head covers. I look forward to dinging and scratching up up my irons it justifies buying a new set!

Big NO. If people say keeping it clean as an excuse, they get dirty as soon as you hit a ball

Only for the travel

Yes, and I did put it my vote.
Put covers on the Srixons when they were new. They still look good, but not opposed to removing at this time. Plenty of wear and tear on them now. This is the first set that I ever thought of putting covers on.

Only for travel, that said if people want to use them regularly, why not? It's their game, they should be allowed to enjoy it as they see fit.

all Internet Golfers drive 300 and never use iron covers or carts

reality is much different, and I bet more people have a ball retriever than would admit it

I drive the ball about 215, 230 if I have a good tailwind and the fairway is hard. Yes, I use iron covers and I also keep covers on my metal woods. I have a Clicgear 3.5+ that I use when I don't ride, but it hasn't gotten much use lately. And yes, I have a ball retriever; a Callaway 15-footer ... and it has a cover too!

Not when I'm on the course, just traveling!

Back