Iron headcovers - Yes or no?

Iron headcovers - Yes or no?

• Total voters
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'll pop them on only for airline travel.

reality is much different, and I bet more people have a ball retriever than would admit it

I have a ball retriever in our cart but not when I'm carrying. But I'll borrow somebody's in a heart beat if a well hit ball took an unfortunate bounce. Bad balls don't get retrieved.

I
Iit seems silly to get all vexed by something in someone else's golf

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I made some edits to shorten your quote to one of the things that amazes me about golf forums. Not just this one. The clothes other people wear, what their clubs do or don't look like, headcover or no, do they have music or no, do they do this or that or refrain from it...smurf, even if other people in the group do or don't gamble...not one of those things affects what happens when I stand over a ball and execute a swing. If I slice it into the woods, it is not because Styx blaring Renegade was going on, it is because I came outside in or left the clubface open. If I snap hook it into the creek, it is not because some guy 3 foursomes over was wearing (gasp, the horrors) jeans. It is because I am a %^&* golfer.

I have been in groups with gambling between 2 and 2 of us not. I have been in groups with people smack talking each other, playing disparate music, some headcover some not, some walking, some carting and some push-carting. Not a one of those things affects my game. One thing and one thing only does: do I execute a good shot or a poor shot.

I don't personally use them but completely understand why people do. Some people meticulously take care of their things.

I know I put a cover on my putter every time it goes in the bag and was mad when my brother gave me back a putter that I loved completely beat to SHITE! You do you booboo!5633a35b1954c86ee70302af04906812d377a1e77e1f3042536f018f0ea2bb62.jpg

I walk, pushing my cart. The clubs rattle around so much on the uneven ground, they beat each other up. The covers keep it quieter, and keep the clubs and shafts scratch free. You spend $2000+ on clubs, keep them in good shape. (And I keep a wet rag, and clean off the club after a shot, no need to have them muddy)

Originally, I began using iron covers when I carried because I didn't like the clicking sounds when I walked. Now that I'm married, headcovers are my friend. My bag always looks the same, regardless of which clubs happen to be in it. My 58° PM grind is the only club in my bag that doesn't have a headcover and that is only because I don't have a wedge cover that fits.

Airline Travel for sure.

Began using iron head covers very early on when I started playing. Bought my first new set of irons (Adams Idea Black CB2) and didn't want them to get beat up. Those irons are I think 8 years old now and look great. I also like not having the noise from bag chatter since I walk with a push cart.

I use them for transport only, primarily. While I usually remove them all prior to teeing off, there are days I leave them on until I need each club in the round.

A whole lot of judgement being passed on some towards others! To each is own.

I'm a yes. That forged metal is so soft. After spending $1200 on clubs after one round of walking there was a ding in the hosel. I walk any time I can so I'm just protecting my investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cast clubs must not have been told they were cast then. Hmmm... they must be special.

The Ping finish used on G, G700, etc... is well documented for developing bad bag chatter for the outer finish. The stainless underneath is fine, but the hydropearl gets messed up. Other clubs like the G15 seem to be indestructible.

Dave

Oh Hail yes I use iron covers.

Back