Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

Yeah I don't think you can. I should add that pic was my 56 which I use out of bunkers 90% of the time, so the wear is incredible
You must hit it in a lot of bunkers then. Haha.

Really that's pretty good. Thanks for the info fellas! Any others seeing the same?

Short game tools are ready for the fight... Oorah!

816C4AD8-FFDC-4BC2-8640-92F6CDADED9B_zps7w8jbzeo.jpg~original

Looking Sharp, boom_boom!

Yeah I don't think you can. I should add that pic was my 56 which I use out of bunkers 90% of the time, so the wear is incredible

I love the way it looks after using it for a few months. Looks better with wear than it did brand new, IMO.

I have a feeling some THPers will be jumping on the Shamrock wedge.

It took all of one round in with the MD3's to get my first chip in with the new wedges. Love the green side control.

Had I not just bought mine, I would be all over it!

I finally got to use my new MD3s for the first time last weekend. Amazed at how well the W grind worked for my digging tendency self. Considering I literally unwrapped them when I loaded the clubs into the car, I was more than pleased with almost every shot I used them for, even a couple full shots with the 54...which is my nemesis.

Saw these out in dicks sporting goods today. Almost bought one....now I'm thinking I may go back and get the 50 tomorrow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a shamrock wedge - my Irish heritage demands it

So now that I'm reading stuff on them tonight...they're not supposed to be out until the 17th...someone must've put them out early at he DSG near me. Hmm...

So much THP green!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that ain't a shamrock on the back of those wedges.

You must hit it in a lot of bunkers then. Haha.

Really that's pretty good. Thanks for the info fellas! Any others seeing the same?

We talked about this a bit last weekend but I think you would be really happy with the black finish

We talked about this a bit last weekend but I think you would be really happy with the black finish
I think I would be to, might grab a shamrock wedge.

I ended up getting the chrome though to continue through the set. My mental head probably would not handle that well. Haha

I got the Fly-Z's to get a set gap wedge, but strongly thinking about taking advantage of the 50% trade in bonus at golf smith and picking up a 50*. They are just so good

Currently playing Mizuno MP-T 53 and 58 wedges and love the soft feel but it is def time for some new wedges and all the positive reviews,looks and feedback on the MD3s have me drooling. For my gaps,54 and 58 work best. Know I will go 58W grind as it will be used mostly around the greens, bunkers, and even 3/4-1/2 shots from within 60ish yards. However I can't decide on the 54*. Thinking the S grind would be best as will be used from a variety of situations, but mainly 3/4 to full shots 75-100yds. I play my wedge shots back in my stance and take a nice/chunky divot-playing a mid height spinny 1 hop and stop shots. Different turf conditions ranging from mid firm to soft (tons of rain in SC). Seeing all the great comments on the 54W grind have me intrigued. How doe the 54W compare to the 54S grinds compare on these full shots? Thx in advance for info--

Haven't seen a wedge that looked that good in a long time. Can't wait to try it!

Been channeling my RFC lessons today and got out of every bunker with the pm grind easily.

Pm grind even got me out of the lake ball about 3/4 deep in weeds as well.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Just arrived: A 56/W grind in mint condition.
s-l500.jpg

Looks even better in person. Can't wait to give this a go - I went back & forth between the S grind & the W grind but this was too good a deal to pass up. I liked what Jman & others have said about their experiences with the W grind - now it's time to find out!

Does the black finish last! Sorry, if this has been asked!

Does the black finish last! Sorry, if this has been asked!
All black finishes WILL wear, they just will, I'll say though that this one is phenomenal and wears much much much better than I have seen in almost any other wedge.

All black finishes WILL wear, they just will, I'll say though that this one is phenomenal and wears much much much better than I have seen in almost any other wedge.

Agreed, word for word.

Replacing the AW from the set with an MD3 was the best choice I've made. To me the MD3 is just a better all around club. And it's longer than the CF16

Definitely picking up a Shamrock wedge just for the heck of it. My birthday is St. Patrick's day so the wedge just kinda fits with me! I likely won't even use it, I just want a nice looking stick to maybe hang on the wall or something.

Back