Push cart comparisons

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Probably a long shot that anyone has used them all, but can anyone give a pros/cons comparison of at least 2 of the carts listed below?

I'm stickin' money away every time I sell something and planning to pick up the Club Booster eWheels by Alphard in the next couple of months. Still debating on which cart I wanna use with it. I've read the review thread on the eWheels and I'm sold on it. Just need to narrow down which cart I wanna pair it with. I'm currently using a 2005 model Sun Mountain Speed Cart v1.

Sun Mountain Pathfinder 3

Sun Mountain Speedcart GT

Clicgear RV1S Rovic

Clicgear 3.5+

well if you want a swivel front wheel, only the Rovic of those offers that

I almost bought it but I have read reports of the swivel function being a little subpar by Clicgear standards. But it is still a Clicgear and there are a ton of accessories made for Clicgear. I thought the upper compartment was a little basic as well.

well if you want a swivel front wheel, only the Rovic of those offers that

I almost bought it but I have read reports of the swivel function being a little subpar by Clicgear standards. But it is still a Clicgear and there are a ton of accessories made for Clicgear. I thought the upper compartment was a little basic as well.

Yeah, I kinda want the swivel front wheel, but not sure if I'll use it enough to justify it. Of course, it's the 2nd cheapest of the group, too, so that makes me want it, too.

Yeah, I kinda want the swivel front wheel, but not sure if I'll use it enough to justify it. Of course, it's the 2nd cheapest of the group, too, so that makes me want it, too.

If you want a swivel wheel check out the bag not tri swivel 2. Using a swivel wheel is really nice.

If you want a swivel wheel check out the bag not tri swivel 2. Using a swivel wheel is really nice.

Gee, thanks. Now there's one more I need to add to the mix.

I think I'm going to order them all from Golf Galaxy. Set 'em up and push them around the house for a while to see which one I like best, then just take them all back and order one from Budget Golf. It's too hard to make this decision without actually having first hand experience with them.

I did this a little while ago. I love going out to walk a Par 3 course for $9 in the evenings if I get my chores done early and my cheap 2 wheel cart kept running into my heels. I ended up going with the Clickgear 3.5+ and I'm super glad I did. I even use it to walk the few par 72 courses around here that will let me. I love the accesseries, I love the design, I love how easy it is to push, and the break holds it very well. I have to say that I would 100% buy it again and would reccomend it to anyone. I've already saved the cost of the cart by not paying the $10 cart fee.

The only thing that I would add to make it perfect is a disc brake like a bike has. I would even pay for this as an addon. The Clickgear has something close to the parking break in a car, you engage it to keep it still. I live in CA and play some courses that are set on the side of a mountain, Some of the downhill parts are really steap and with a golf bag that weighs 60lbs loaded up with my coffee, training aids, old clubs, and a couple bottles of water it would be nice if I could use the brake to help hold it back.

Whiskey

I sold my Sun Mountain Micro cart and purchased a Clicgear 3.5+ last month. I love it. Great cart with a better storage options than SM. However, you don’t want that Tour bag conversion kit. I ordered one and sent it back. The top spacer pushes your bag forward, but the bottom platform remains stationary. Your bag ends up tilting and only a small portion of the bottom actually rests on the platform. Take a coke bottle and place it on the table. Now tilt it 3-4 inches to the left. See how only a small sliver of the bottom continues to touch the table? That’s what happens to your bag. Others have also complained that when the kit pushes your bag forward like that, it rubs on the front wheel. Mine didn't do that. The gap between my bag and the wheel got much smaller, but it didn't rub. However, depending on your particular bag, that could be a problem.

As I say in every one of these threads, there’s ClicGear and then there is everything else.

Call them directly and see if they have any refurbs in for sale.

I did this a little while ago. I love going out to walk a Par 3 course for $9 in the evenings if I get my chores done early and my cheap 2 wheel cart kept running into my heels. I ended up going with the Clickgear 3.5+ and I'm super glad I did. I even use it to walk the few par 72 courses around here that will let me. I love the accesseries, I love the design, I love how easy it is to push, and the break holds it very well. I have to say that I would 100% buy it again and would reccomend it to anyone. I've already saved the cost of the cart by not paying the $10 cart fee.

The only thing that I would add to make it perfect is a disc brake like a bike has. I would even pay for this as an addon. The Clickgear has something close to the parking break in a car, you engage it to keep it still. I live in CA and play some courses that are set on the side of a mountain, Some of the downhill parts are really steap and with a golf bag that weighs 60lbs loaded up with my coffee, training aids, old clubs, and a couple bottles of water it would be nice if I could use the brake to help hold it back.

Whiskey

I’m sure you cannot go wrong with any of these great options. I went with the ClicGear 3.5+ because of the size it folded down to, and the accessories you could get. I could not be happier with the ClicGear. By far my favorite new thing about golfing. I got sucked into the carts every weekend due to the guys I was playing with. Riding is great in certain conditions. But I am much happier with the pace, health benefits, and cost savings with the push cart. Well worth the investment, I paid it off in around 10 18 hole rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the Sun Mountain and the Clic Gear. I have a Bag Boy Quad XL now. I have found it to be the easiest to set-up and break down, it has the smallest foot print and seems the lightest.

I have had the Sun Mountain and the Clic Gear. I have a Bag Boy Quad XL now. I have found it to be the easiest to set-up and break down, it has the smallest foot print and seems the lightest.

+1
d.png

Almost everyone I know that has a cart with a swivel front wheel has locked them out so they don't swivel. I have the Clicgear 3.5 and because of the way it's balanced it's so easy to turn so I don't see a swivel front wheel as being necessary.

Of course, I want this, too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clicgear-T...625943?hash=item5d63298cd7:g:XwMAAOxyRhBSqhCx

I guess I'm stuck with the 3.5 if I wanna go that route. Just wondering how well it works. One of the things I hate about the push cart is the lean on the bag. If this really makes it stand upright, it'd be worth it.

Get the kit, it works. Also changes the center of gravity a bit and makes it roll easier. I only used the top kit and not the bottom and it has been fine. Works with my C-130 cart bag and my Titleist stand bag.

Almost everyone I know that has a cart with a swivel front wheel has locked them out so they don't swivel. I have the Clicgear 3.5 and because of the way it's balanced it's so easy to turn so I don't see a swivel front wheel as being necessary.

Same here. Buddies who got the swivel style, all ended up locking it up or just going to something else.

Of course, I want this, too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clicgear-T...625943?hash=item5d63298cd7:g:XwMAAOxyRhBSqhCx

I guess I'm stuck with the 3.5 if I wanna go that route. Just wondering how well it works. One of the things I hate about the push cart is the lean on the bag. If this really makes it stand upright, it'd be worth it.

I have that attachment on my clicgear 3 and love it. I find it easier to get clubs in and out plus gives me a bit of extra room using accessories and the netting area of it.

Ive never tried an others but I love my Clicker 3.5 and it holds my larger cart bag just fine without the attachment.

Get the kit, it works. Also changes the center of gravity a bit and makes it roll easier. I only used the top kit and not the bottom and it has been fine. Works with my C-130 cart bag and my Titleist stand bag.

The bottom kit is identical to the bottom that comes with cart.

Whiskey
there are course that don’t let you use a pushcart?

I have that attachment on my clicgear 3 and love it. I find it easier to get clubs in and out plus gives me a bit of extra room using accessories and the netting area of it.
Does it still fold up as nicely?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As I say in every one of these threads, there’s ClicGear and then there is everything else.

Call them directly and see if they have any refurbs in for sale.
Better than getting a new one from BG with 15% off?

Does it still build up as nicely?

Are you talking about fold up for storage? It sticks out a bit further but I don't find it a problem. I can send you some pics when I get home tonight if you want to see it installed.

Back