Noise During Pre-shot and actual shot

I'm not usually bothered by noise. Unless it's something you won't normally hear on a course. Like a gun shot or glass breaking. If the course is near a road or railroad tracks, that can be distracting if someone toots a horn or the train conductor blows the whistle in my back swing. That's about all I can think of that would distract me.

CJs laugh can be pretty distracting. Make that more like contagious, if you have ever played a round with him you know what I mean. And I mean that in the nicest way brother slice ?

Chatting doesn't bother me or if someone is out mowing or anything like that. A couple weeks ago I was getting ready to tee off and there was a group finishing putting on the green right next to the tee we were on. I didn't mind the talking at all and had gone through my pre shot, the group was walking off the tee and right as I was in my transition one of them yelled something non-golf related. It was just a short loud burst and I can't even remember what it was, but I threw me way off and really irritated me! Just a complete lack of respect IMO.

I'm not usually bothered by noise. Unless it's something you won't normally hear on a course. Like a gun shot or glass breaking. If the course is near a road or railroad tracks, that can be distracting if someone toots a horn or the train conductor blows the whistle in my back swing. That's about all I can think of that would distract me.

How about guns being shot at glass?

Mind Blown:eyepoke:

Noise doesn't bother me. I've had a church bell ring on the first fairway at Rutgers before and it was a surprise, but didn't affect my shot.

Like you said mike it depends on the noise, sudden and unexpected gets me general noise not so much

I block it all out, and many times, I prefer that there actually is noise during my shot.

I didn't grow up playing golf, and the sports I did (football, basketball, and baseball) are anything but quiet. I think it's almost second nature that I prefer that noise.
When you say you block it all out, do you mean YOUR driver swing and hit it right?????lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

When you say you block it all out, do you mean YOUR driver swing and hit it right?????lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
It just starts out that way, then the sexy ball flight kicks in and brings her right back into the fairway.

If I am playing well, if my swing is dialed in and I don't have to think too much, noises don't bother me. But if I'm struggling with my swing my concentration can be rattled by noises.

I don't mind it as long as it is not be total surprise. If you are already talking, keep talking, but don't do something right in the middle of my swing.

This and I would add if you are talking, don't start whispering right when I'm about to take it back, just keeping talking at the same level.

Back