Mizuno Golf HQ Visit

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We are heading to Mizuno Golf HQ this morning for a visit. We aren’t sure if we will have time to take questions, but in the event we can, please post them up here and we will do our best to get them answered.

Mizuno has always been a staple in the iron game. A product for the purists, clean lines, attention to detail..

- As forgiveness becomes a more pronounced conversation with tech improvement, how are they adapting to the new culture of iron purchasing?
- How does the rest of their lineup keep up in both marketing and conversation internally?
- How important/difficult was their decision to step away from "Mizuno blue" in the wood lineup?

Mizuno! Yesss!!!

Have there been any discussions about a darker finish offered on irons like almost all companies in the industry have?

Also, you are known for your irons and currently have some awesome traction and success on Tour. Most recently, I read Mizuno got its first driver win on the PGA in some years. Can they tell us about their journey in the metalwoods department? I know it's not a question, per se, but it's a very cool time for them.

Thanks THP!

Ask them to please get the US website in line with the European site. The one we have here stinks, so it's common knowledge to use the European site for better information and details.

Also, it would be nice if they offered better support when it came to making SW adjustments to the woods (i.e., selling or providing different weights). Seems you have to improvise with the woods whereas customization with the irons has always been a cinch with them.

Last edited:
Excited to see what comes from this, namely the conversation on the metal-woods and how they feel they stack up now.

That is awesome! I just demo'd the ST190G, it was really good! Enjoy your time there!

Mizuno! Yesss!!!

Have there been any discussions about a darker finish offered on irons like almost all companies in the industry have?

Also, you are known for your irons and currently have some awesome traction and success on Tour. Most recently, I read Mizuno got its first driver win on the PGA in some years. Can they tell us about their journey in the metalwoods department? I know it's not a question, per se, but it's a very cool time for them.

Thanks THP!

I would be very tempted by the JPX 919F in a smoke chrome finish

Really excited about this visit and to see what comes out of it.

Will they be offering any new iron shaft options to their current staple listed online? I’m curious about the $taper or any black shaft color options?

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have they seen a huge uptick in sales due to the recent success? Especially in the woods? And I second the question about any darker finishes in the irons.

Also - can you give them my mailing address to send me a new driver? LOL

More info on hot metal pro is needed. Also can you get them to talk about their no upcharge options? I mean they offer recoil 95 at zero extra cost when they are sometimes a 35-40 dollar add on with other companies.

With the golf ball coming over to the US how about Golf shoes in some sort of capacity? Never seen them at a PGA SS or even online unless they're in like Japan.

I wore them in baseball when I was a lot younger and they were comfortable. I'm sure the golf shoes are much of the same.

1 How does Mizuno see their ball program evolving in the US
2 Will they get back into the golf shoe business in the US. The ceramic spike shoes they did about a decade ago were awesome but a set in spike was not a sustainable idea in a spineless world
3 with the germ of momentum coming from the ball and driver how do they plan to continue to grow their market share.
4 how important is your wins and pro signings.
5 can folks come down to the Georgia facility for a fitting.
Classy product!!!

More info on hot metal pro is needed. Also can you get them to talk about their no upcharge options? I mean they offer recoil 95 at zero extra cost when they are sometimes a 35-40 dollar add on with other companies.

I second this. Those deserve a lot of focus IMO.

Will they be doing more collaborations with Bettinardi for putters? Also will there be a big push for wedges again?

Will they be doing more collaborations with Bettinardi for putters? Also will there be a big push for wedges again?

I can answer this one and say no, there will not be anymore collabs with Bettinardi.

Sign me up for any Mizuno irons. Love seeing them make strides in the Woods and Ball markets now too!!

So far between the Tour, Forged and Hot Metal which one is the sales leader?

Why bring a [premium] ball line to the US market right now?

Why bring a [premium] ball line to the US market right now?

If you haven’t hit one yet, I suggest you try a sleeve sometime. The Tour RB might become my gamer ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what are they more excited about at HQ, the big win on Sunday or the Mizuno Range Days episode?

Definitely range days lol

Are they happy with the response to the golf ball release

What’s the strategy/game plan to grow Market share?

Back